Re: App/CLT part 3

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:32 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:49 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:35 pm
NWA49 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:59 pm
I agree and my gut says King Cooper will decree another 2-4 weeks of phase 2.
He is a Governor and not a King. He does some some latitude to make these decisions.The one lawsuit I know of that was trying to take Cooper down was shot down by the judge well enough that the person bringing the lawsuit decided to drop it and not appeal.

Can I suggest you either use the term Gov. Cooper or if that upsets you, and that is your right, just go with Cooper and leave any title out of it. If you are on friendlier terms then address him as Roy or R-boy.

And I think you may be correct about extending phase 2 for a bit longer.
I’ll remember this the next time I see you say “Prig 5”
The difference is the governor has an official title, and it is not "King". The Power moniker is something that is a name they started themselves as far as I am aware and if they did not start it they certainly never had made any statement that asked to not be called that. Also they are a bunch of prigs so my thought of calling them the Prig 5 is a truthful enough statement.

I don't think Cooper has ever been asked to be called King or any title beyond Gov. Also the Gov does have some checks and balances in place. The judge could have ruled against Cooper if it had merit. It did not it would seem. And the person bringing the suit could have pushed this to a higher court but that person did not as they knew as well the judge's ruling seemed reasonable given current state law compared to what Cooper has done. Other citizen's besides Forest would likely have standing to bring suit as well but I am not aware of anyone doing such. I imagine some conservative legal firm would be happy to do this pro bono if they knew it was not a complete waste of time.

All of this is not to say I agree with everything Cooper has done.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Woodstovegang
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:16 pm

Lt. Gov. Dan Forest sued Cooper, arguing that he needs approval from a wider group of state officials called the Council of State before he can shut down wide swaths of the economy, such as bars and restaurants. State law seems to require concurrence, but Cooper's legal team has said other code sections allow him to act unilaterally in an emergency. What emergency kept him for the approval of one council? "10 statewide elected officials who make up the Council of State." They all reside in Raleigh NC. What was the emergency not to meet; that the council could not be consulted. Oh I know, 6 republicans and 4 democrats(including the King). Cooper acted outside OUR state constitution. Sounds like a King to me. Just hope politics don't get in the way of the App Nation.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:42 pm

Woodstovegang wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:16 pm
Lt. Gov. Dan Forest sued Cooper, arguing that he needs approval from a wider group of state officials called the Council of State before he can shut down wide swaths of the economy, such as bars and restaurants. State law seems to require concurrence, but Cooper's legal team has said other code sections allow him to act unilaterally in an emergency. What emergency kept him for the approval of one council? "10 statewide elected officials who make up the Council of State." They all reside in Raleigh NC. What was the emergency not to meet; that the council could not be consulted. Oh I know, 6 republicans and 4 democrats(including the King). Cooper acted outside OUR state constitution. Sounds like a King to me. Just hope politics don't get in the way of the App Nation.
Didn’t the court side with GOVERNOR Cooper?

Woodstovegang

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:21 pm

Still not in our constitution. He should have gone through the proper committee. The judge(democratic) just said it was an emergency. What emergency could keep the governor from convening a committee of 9 that all live with in 10 miles of the governors mansion. King Cooper will not be re-elected if he continues down this path.

Woodstovegang

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:32 pm

If he doesn't upgrade to phase 3 on 9/11 it will be his election. We all want to see games and can do it within the guidelines. STOP the politics and play ball with cautions. Even Wake/Mecklenburg/Durham/Forsyth/Pitt county wants the games. If he cancels he's done. and will be gone as KING COOPER

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:05 am

The President of the United States declared that the Covid-19 outbreak constituted a national emergency on March 1st. I didn’t see anywhere where that excluded the state of N.C.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:22 am

I believe part of the frustration with the unilateral decision making comes from the amount of time in between "decisions". Yes this is still an emergency situation, but the time line isn't as emergent. What I mean by that is this isn't a hurricane where decisions need to be made instantaneously. Currently there are weeks in between these "decisions" where our Governor meets with medical professionals and other decision makers but not the Council of State. Just comes off a bit weird. He is still our Governor and I respect his office but there have been a lot of head scratching moments as of late.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:02 am

Cooper-Bad for North Carolina.

NWA49
School: Charlotte

Unread post by NWA49 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:06 am

Back to game talk... for any of y’all in Boone right now, if I came up Gameday and tailgated regardless of game tickets, would the city of Boone shut that down?
Go Niners!
@Normbulance

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:08 am

NWA49 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:06 am
Back to game talk... for any of y’all in Boone right now, if I came up Gameday and tailgated regardless of game tickets, would the city of Boone shut that down?
If you're in a tailgate lot and tailgating is allowed, no. Otherwise, yes. Probably pretty quickly too. In years past they have been pretty strict on tailgating outside of the designated lots.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:23 am

NWA49 wrote:
Town cops are notorious for watching tailgaters and being ready to pounce the second you step out of a designated zone with alcohol. Revenue, man...
Give 'em hell!

NWA49
School: Charlotte

Unread post by NWA49 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:27 am

Thanks - I’m guessing if no fans are there no tailgating will be allowed. Just wasn’t sure how strict Boone was with that.

All of our tailgating is on campus of course and I’ve been told that will get shut down if we don’t have fans permitted in the game.
Go Niners!
@Normbulance

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:42 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:08 am
NWA49 wrote:
If you're in a tailgate lot and tailgating is allowed, no. Otherwise, yes. Probably pretty quickly too. In years past they have been pretty strict on tailgating outside of the designated lots.
If common sense prevails, tailgating will be allowed, but when in the last 5 months or so has common sense prevailed?

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:10 am

Dude some of y’all have let politics break your gotdamn brains. Can hardly have one thread where you folks don’t salivate over bashing the libs. Damn, we get it. Can’t y’all take that argument to your politics thread and let the rest of us have football discussion. Jesus Christ.

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:28 am

I'm just wondering how tickets are going to be mailed out before SEPT 12, while simultaneously waiting for Gov Coopers answer on lifting or not lifting restrictions on SEPT 11th?

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 am

I think it's very unlikely that we'll have fans at the first game. Now, how will that change the game?

I'm really not trying to smack talk here, but our players are used to playing in front of a large and rowdy home crowd, while playing in scarcely-attended away games in conference. UNCC players are used to poorly attended games at home and away.

Advantage 49ers?

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:41 am

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 am
I think it's very unlikely that we'll have fans at the first game. Now, how will that change the game?

I'm really not trying to smack talk here, but our players are used to playing in front of a large and rowdy home crowd, while playing in scarcely-attended away games in conference. UNCC players are used to poorly attended games at home and away.

Advantage 49ers?
That's possible but I'm sure Coach Clark and the players will be chomping at the bit and will provide the energy needed. But it will be weird seeing an empty KBS that's for sure.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:03 am

Deano wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:28 am
I'm just wondering how tickets are going to be mailed out before SEPT 12, while simultaneously waiting for Gov Coopers answer on lifting or not lifting restrictions on SEPT 11th?
If it were me, I'd just print on the ticket itself "All game tickets subject to be voided due to Covid-19. Please check appstateblahblah.com before traveling"

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:11 am

I’m expecting e-tickets, but would still like to have the actual ticket for memo jar.
Bring Your A Game!

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:20 am

E-Tickets and Will Call for those without access to E-Tickets. We need fans, and it’s time to get back to life. If only King Cooper would quit playing politics.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”