Schedule

PhillyApp1

Re: Schedule

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:31 pm

appfanjj wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:20 pm
I wouldn’t call UNC or Wake chickens. They have scheduled us and have agreed to play in Boone. Duke and especially NC State. Definitely chickens but everyone knows why.
All of them are chickens.
Wake chose ODU, UNC chose UNCC, Duke chose weak, NC State chose weak.... They are ALL ACC teams in North Carolina and ran from playing App

ACChickens !!!!

appfanjj
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by appfanjj » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:49 pm

If we played Duke and won it would not be that big of a deal most years. A loss to them would not be good. Same rationale as maybe Florida State or UVA has about playing us. That said, I would take a home and home with them.

GoBoone

Unread post by GoBoone » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:34 pm

Ok. Chickens this year. That makes it better.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:55 pm

Disclaimer. I am ABSOLUTELY, DEFINITELY NOT a fan of Duke or North Carolina or any other school for that matter. Guess they did what they had to do.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Chicken For Sure This Year

And for Duke and NC State, Chicken until they grow nuts !!!

83UNC85ASU

Unread post by 83UNC85ASU » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:10 pm

NC State is the big chicken. Their non-conference schedule has been beyond weak for years! It’s ridiculous. When was the last time App was on their schedule?

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:29 pm

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:48 am

Does anyone know if we did anything to try to schedule Army?

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:37 am

So now that we have our home schedule complete, any idea when season tickets will be mailed out?

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:53 am

I don't blame Wake for cancelling our game this season. If the ACC said one non-conference game this year, then Wake rescheduling our game to a year when they will be able to sellout their stadium makes perfect sense.

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:59 am

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:53 am
I don't blame Wake for cancelling our game this season. If the ACC said one non-conference game this year, then Wake rescheduling our game to a year when they will be able to sellout their stadium makes perfect sense.
Why not just add an additional game if that's what they were concerned about? They were scared

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:09 am

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
It's not that I blame Wake for cancelling the game but I do have some issues with it. Perception is Reality. The whole world knows this year's team is stacked and primed for a special year. This is a fact. Another fact: the head coach at Wake went out of his way to downplay our recent successes and claimed he has the better program. That's all well and good it will be settled on the field the way it's intended to be. Except Wake decides to use the ACC decision (mind you the reason the ACC kept one non conference game was for REGIONAL games) to cancel our game and keep a game with a bad ODU. I get the all the "rationale" as to "why" they did it but let's be real. As fans/alumni how would you feel if it was us that backed out of the game with wake but kept our game with Mercer? I'd be pissed. Like Coach Clark said Wake v. App is good for both programs because both schools field good teams, it's good for the state of North Carolina, it's good for college football. They can hide behind all the "rationale" they want to but again Perception is reality, they are ducking us this year because they know they likely outcome.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:20 am

NavyApp wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:09 am
AppfaninCAALand wrote:
It's not that I blame Wake for cancelling the game but I do have some issues with it. Perception is Reality. The whole world knows this year's team is stacked and primed for a special year. This is a fact. Another fact: the head coach at Wake went out of his way to downplay our recent successes and claimed he has the better program. That's all well and good it will be settled on the field the way it's intended to be. Except Wake decides to use the ACC decision (mind you the reason the ACC kept one non conference game was for REGIONAL games) to cancel our game and keep a game with a bad ODU. I get the all the "rationale" as to "why" they did it but let's be real. As fans/alumni how would you feel if it was us that backed out of the game with wake but kept our game with Mercer? I'd be pissed. Like Coach Clark said Wake v. App is good for both programs because both schools field good teams, it's good for the state of North Carolina, it's good for college football. They can hide behind all the "rationale" they want to but again Perception is reality, they are ducking us this year because they know they likely outcome.
All fair points.

As for Wake playing ODU, I haven't followed who all has canceled or re scheduled very closely, but I thought I heard on my local Richmond radio station the other day that ODU canceled their football season - could be wrong as I wasn't listening that closely but I specifically remember "JMU and ODU have already canceled their seasons." So Wake won't be keeping their ODU game after all.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 am

As you said, perceptions are reality. My perception is that it had very little, if anything to do with a potential loss. It is a guaranteed sell out and it could qualify as a premium game from a pricing standpoint. Both App and ODU were H&H so there is no payouts. If you were Wake, would you rather lose the ticket revenue from a game that may draw 20k, or a game that WILL draw 35k?

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:37 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 am
As you said, perceptions are reality. My perception is that it had very little, if anything to do with a potential loss. It is a guaranteed sell out and it could qualify as a premium game from a pricing standpoint. Both App and ODU were H&H so there is no payouts. If you were Wake, would you rather lose the ticket revenue from a game that may draw 20k, or a game that WILL draw 35k?
Do you think their AD could have called Doug and said something to the effect of "we want to play you guys this fall but we also want the ticket boom of playing you at home. Do you think we can add another home game with you in the coming years?" Yes I know we have the "schedule" filled until 3057 but there are buy out clauses. Where there is a will there is a way. All I know is that when I heard Coach Clark talk about it he made it very clear the the Wake administration was not keen on making this game happen. Everyone is losing ticket revenue this year for every game so to use that as an excuse is weak. If they wanted more home games with App Doug would have facilitated it.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:42 am

All I am saying is it is possible. Would you begrudge DG for that rationale if the shoe was on the other foot? I’m not saying that you are wrong. Just offering up an alternate opinion.And if I’m not mistaken, we did get another home game out of it.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:53 am

appstate5 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:37 am
So now that we have our home schedule complete, any idea when season tickets will be mailed out?
That’s my question as well. Obviously this year is different, but this is my first being a season ticket holder so I’m curious in general.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:09 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:42 am
All I am saying is it is possible. Would you begrudge DG for that rationale if the shoe was on the other foot? I’m not saying that you are wrong. Just offering up an alternate opinion.And if I’m not mistaken, we did get another home game out of it.
That was going to be my next point, I know personally I would be irate if that was the reason DG backed out of what should be a great rivalry.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:21 am

Wake cancelling our game makes zero sense to me since a game for another year could be added. I can’t imagine us getting much money at all going to their place. We both need a game and logistically it simply makes too much sense. Even in a half empty stadium it should be played. With schools playing less games why worry about who the non-conference opponent is? Just play the dang games!

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:59 am

I would say Doug did a hell of a job to get Charlotte and Marshall to play us, but that's a lot of green.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”