Eric Church

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Eric Church

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:03 pm

On the bright side, his team LOST yesterday!

ApexASU

Unread post by ApexASU » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:06 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:02 pm
ApexASU wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:01 pm
UNC-CHeat achieved their goal, get under the skin of App by playing an intro of their alum supporting the Tar Holes.

I like Eric Church’s music but highly disappointed in his agreement to play the intro for UNC-CHeat against his alma mater. In poor taste whether he or his staff made the decision.
Do we know this was one game only?
Maybe, maybe not. But the timing...

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:01 pm

AppRolls wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:56 pm
The Rock wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:06 pm
AppRolls wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:48 am
The Mountain Music thing makes me cringe as well. I wish we could get Luke Combs to write a song about Boone that had a catchy chorus that we could make our own. That would be cool.
He kinda did that already.

So why aren’t we playing this instead of “Mountain Music?” Put the words on the board and get the stadium rocking.
“Mountain Music” was first played at the request of Coach Moore. The crowd went nuts. It is how Traditions naturally are born. It has now become an ingredient that makes gameday in Boone unique. It is a subtle, but good, acknowledgement to the past & where we came from. As such, add something new, but don’t replace “Mountain Music.”

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:13 pm

We can play both songs and take out that horrible "LETS GET RIDICULOUS" song.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:20 pm

Eric is no different than thousands of others who have graduated from App. Of course they love App and Boone but they have a “real” team they pull for. I love the looks I get when I say my team is App and I don’t care about anyone else.

Also apologies if this has already been discussed, I read an article the other day about his close relationship with Brown. But he claimed he would not be at the game because he was torn on who to support. Said he would watch it alone somewhere (with his Jordan jersey and baby blue visor 😅😅).

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:05 pm

I’m a fan of his music but seeing that yesterday was bad. I have a friend who’s both a huge Church fan and a huge UNC fan and even he said it was bad. Church looked like a big ole fan boy up there on that video board. Worst part for him is that he shunned a place that would have embraced him for a place, UNC, that doesn’t give a crap about him. The UNC folks didn’t respond at all to his song being played or his presence on the video board. Mack Brown might get him one season up on that board but my bet is they pull him down before this season is over.

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Not defending Church’s support of the Heels, but he was spurned by our own fan base when he did the intro video for us a few years ago. Admittedly it was a weird Max Headroom ‘Welcome to the Rock’, but there was a lot of venom directed at him personally and not the strange production. Also, I believe they tried to use his song Outsiders, which I happen to think is a great theme song for us, but it was spurned as well.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:43 pm

appbanker wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Not defending Church’s support of the Heels, but he was spurned by our own fan base when he did the intro video for us a few years ago. Admittedly it was a weird Max Headroom ‘Welcome to the Rock’, but there was a lot of venom directed at him personally and not the strange production. Also, I believe they tried to use his song Outsiders, which I happen to think is a great theme song for us, but it was spurned as well.
Quit trying to make sense, it doesn't fit our agenda. We must have every reason to feel denigrated, spurned, and crapped on.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:20 pm

appbanker wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:48 pm
The fans didn't embrace him because he splits his fandom between App and UNC, even back then. He's a phony plain and simple.

Also his music sucks.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:24 pm

I’m tired of Eric Church threads. I’d love it if everyone would just get over him and whatever allegiance he has and let it be. There’s no reason to take everything so personally.
Give 'em hell!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:46 pm

"Quit trying to make sense, it doesn't fit our agenda. We must have every reason to feel denigrated, spurned, and crapped on"

That's because he DID crap on us. I don't like country music very much, but I did appreciate his work to an extent, but I sure heck wouldn't spend a penny on his CD's or concerts now. He's a Carolina Blue guy now and they can have him.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Hey... people jump on and off bandwagons all the time. I met a UT fan that had tickets for 30 years and decided he is now an App fan. Eric is a lost soul who need our compassion and prayers for his safe return.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:52 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:51 pm
Hey... people jump on and off bandwagons all the time. I met a UT fan that had tickets for 30 years and decided he is now an App fan. Eric is a lost soul who need our compassion and prayers for his safe return.
Screw him. :!:
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:05 pm

I think Eric Church and UNC are a match made in heaven. Let’s just leave them be

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:11 pm

They should get a room. Fake country music anyway. Jamey Johnson or Aaron Lewis. Luke is as new country as I go.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:12 pm

I think y'all need to see a doctor over your obsession with this dude. Just because you went to a school doesn't mean you signed over your soul. For every 1 die hard on a fan message board there are probably hundreds/thousands of alum that could care less about App and their sports. Many of whom probably pull for other teams.

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:17 pm

Eric Church sucks
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

tnave94

Unread post by tnave94 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:58 pm

ApexASU wrote:
UNC-CHeat achieved their goal, get under the skin of App by playing an intro of their alum supporting the Tar Holes.

I like Eric Church’s music but highly disappointed in his agreement to play the intro for UNC-CHeat against his alma mater. In poor taste whether he or his staff made the decision.
So just to recap here. Eric Church goes out of his way to make an intro video for App State. App fans riot because “ThEY ToOk SeAN cOnNoRY inTRo AwaY”. Eric Church feels burned and rightly so. Fast forward several years and he’s good friends with Mack Brown and has an intro for UNC and now you guys are mad? Weird.

There are some wounds to heal from App fan’s perspective and Eric Church’s perspective. I’m fine with you all pushing him away if you pony up the cash that he donates every year to make up the difference after he gets fed up and stops sending App money.

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:59 pm

UNC can have that generic pop country artist as their own, at least Luke makes some interesting music in the genre and not chart fodder like Church.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:44 pm

tnave94 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:58 pm
ApexASU wrote:

So just to recap here. Eric Church goes out of his way to make an intro video for App State. App fans riot because “ThEY ToOk SeAN cOnNoRY inTRo AwaY”. Eric Church feels burned and rightly so. Fast forward several years and he’s good friends with Mack Brown and has an intro for UNC and now you guys are mad? Weird.

There are some wounds to heal from App fan’s perspective and Eric Church’s perspective. I’m fine with you all pushing him away if you pony up the cash that he donates every year to make up the difference after he gets fed up and stops sending App money.
Do you know for a fact EC feels burned?
Let me how if you do.

I agree end this thread :-)
Kill the soap opera ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”