Board of trustees

CoachRob
School: Appalachian State

Re: Board of trustees

Unread post by CoachRob » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 pm

So what ever happen to Ivey??? He's still in play, right?

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:35 am

asu7 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:17 pm
Temple does have their man. I think Gattis is our coach. If so it is a good hire for DG.
Twice we've been told that Gattis didn't make muster on his background check. That's a DNQ in my estimation if it's true. The last Wake grad we gambled and brought in certainly didn't "work" out very well.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:39 am

asu7 wrote:
Temple does have their man. I think Gattis is our coach. If so it is a good hire for DG.
Twice we've been told that Gattis didn't make muster on his background check. That's a DNQ in my estimation if it's true. The last Wake grad we gambled and brought in certainly didn't "work" out very well.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppNation85

Unread post by AppNation85 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:08 am

For what though? How does he pass background checks at Penn State and Alabama but not at App? Not saying it’s impossible but seems like rumor mill to me.
Twitter: @RankAppState

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:55 am

And where is any evidence of a failed background check? I call BS.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:00 am

asu66 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:39 am
asu7 wrote:
If we have someone on this board that knows he didn't pass, we also have someone who could give credible information on who our coach is. We have neither. Stop making stuff up and we will see soon enough.

asugoapps

Unread post by asugoapps » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 am

Gattis would not be one of Saban’s most sought after Assistance if he had issues. How did he get to Alabama if he had something in his background. That DOG don’t HUNT with me. If we don’t get him his days are numbered with Alabama.

CoffeyHall08

Unread post by CoffeyHall08 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:14 am

As a dual App/Miami fan (App alum, born and raised in Miami with UM grad parents) I really hope it's not Searles. Second most hated coordinator at Miami and has done a horrendous job down there. I want him gone from Miami but def don't want to see him in Boone.

We're a top G5 program. No reason to scrape the bottom of the barrel with Searles.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:20 am

If the "failed background check" is fake news it's really not cool to start that kind of rumor for anybody...much less the man that might become our head coach. I don't know anything about Gattis except that Penn State didn't want to lose him and Nick Saban wanted him. Based on that alone he seems highly capable. Also, I'm guessing that he had to pass background checks at Penn St and Alabama especially with the mess Penn State has had to deal with. Please don't post items of that nature unless you have first hand knowledge (meaning you are part of the process or have seen the report yourself).

Not cool, especially since player and recruit families read these boards. Would you want to send your son to play for someone with a questionable (yet unknown) background check item? Even if it's cleared up later and proven to be false, people tend to remember things like that and it can follow someone around, especially if they didn't see or hear the clarification. This is stupid board chatter for us but it involves someone's life and reputation...so please be careful.

CoffeyHall08

Unread post by CoffeyHall08 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:20 am

asugoapps wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 am
Gattis would not be one of Saban’s most sought after Assistance if he had issues. How did he get to Alabama if he had something in his background. That DOG don’t HUNT with me. If we don’t get him his days are numbered with Alabama.
....Lane Kiffin, anyone? Tons of issues...hired anyway. Bama isn't some shining beacon of morality just because they win all the time. Well know bag-drop school

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:40 am

Rick83 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:20 am
If the "failed background check" is fake news it's really not cool to start that kind of rumor for anybody...much less the man that might become our head coach. I don't know anything about Gattis except that Penn State didn't want to lose him and Nick Saban wanted him. Based on that alone he seems highly capable. Also, I'm guessing that he had to pass background checks at Penn St and Alabama especially with the mess Penn State has had to deal with. Please don't post items of that nature unless you have first hand knowledge (meaning you are part of the process or have seen the report yourself).

Not cool, especially since player and recruit families read these boards. Would you want to send your son to play for someone with a questionable (yet unknown) background check item? Even if it's cleared up later and proven to be false, people tend to remember things like that and it can follow someone around, especially if they didn't see or hear the clarification. This is stupid board chatter for us but it involves someone's life and reputation...so please be careful.
Well stated .

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:41 am

Unknown just started posting on here a week ago after not posting at all for over 5 years. I believe he's the only one claiming the background check. He could be correct, but he hasn't earned the credibility to just believe what he says to just be true. Sounds like a Russian bot to me.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:45 am

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:27 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 pm
James Coley
Good obscure pull there! Double thumbs up for this find and honestly not a bad candidate....
Take out the former App ties as a requirement and look to assistants at P5 schools in the south and there are several decent candidates. I just mentioned him because he looked to be someone that would work well. I haven't looked at Clemson, but I'd look there, too, if we weren't going for a former App guy.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 am

asu66 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:00 pm
unknown wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:35 pm
Goapps15 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:34 pm
Here is a thought why would Gattis be recruiting with Saban if he was leaving? The only source on his interview is Football Scoop.
Again, Gattis did not pass the background
The last Wake grad we gambled on didn't "work" out character-wise or otherwise.
Well played Chuck..... no he didn't.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:52 am

This is indirectly related, looks to give credence to Gattis not going to Temple.

https://temple-news.com/report-temple-p ... all-coach/

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 am

Guys just because one didn't doesn't men they all will. Come on now. Gattis would be welcomed back at Penn State and Alabama which should tell you something. Saban isn't going to hire someone who is a risk in the first place. He probably has a better vetting process than the political parties have when vetting potential presidential candidates since he is under the microscope so much. Just because one bad apple falls from the tree doesn't mean we never go to that tree again.

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:21 am

I hope it is Gattis, I really do. But outside of one football scoops article that dropped his name in passing, do we have any other evidence to stand on that it is a real possibility? Either way, I bet we find out today, just a hunch.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 am

You know, I'm both highly impressed and a little annoyed that our athletic department has kept the wraps on who this guy is so well. I know they have their reasons and they're doing it the right way but the suspense is killing me and impacting my work performance as I'm checking this board way too often...I hate wait!

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:30 am

I bet it is Joe Gibbs. I saw him in Boone on the field during the postgame activities following the Sunbelt Conference Championship. He even smiled and said hello back to me. I bet it is Joe Gibbs.
Give Em Hell!!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:33 am

Actually, hoping Board of Trustees can meet and approve before we know.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”