Entrance song

NO.2
School: Appalachian State

Re: Entrance song

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:12 pm

California Crossing

Stoner/desert rock is full of songs that start off with energetic and thunderous riffs.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:56 pm

Great, more tradition creators.

News flash you can't just up and start a tradition. Eric Churchers...I know he's a grad, I know you love him, but we tried it and it didn't stick (I personally didn't like it...for me, personally, it doesn't have the Sean Connery gravitas).

"Switching back and forth" is not a tradition. It's Oregonian. You'd think a fan base so upset over changing to white jerseys for 1 game would grasp that concept.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppState1

Unread post by AppState1 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Judas Priest. Hell Bent for Leather. Deliverin' the Goods would be acceptable as well. As would Hot Rockin'.

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:25 pm

How about Lux Aeterna?

App91

Unread post by App91 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:56 pm

Here comes the Boom!-Nelly Check it out

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Here comes the boom - POD? The white stripes seven nation army is always good.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:23 pm

AppDawg wrote:
boonetown1 wrote:Enter sandman is VT. We need a mash of a rock song with a beat for base. I do like the intro to hells bells but it doesn't pick up as much as it needs to. And please no f'n country even if the dude went to app.
A comment like this leads me to believe you haven't even listened to Eric's music. Especially "The Outsiders". It isn't traditional county (what really in today's world) and definitely not 'Bro Country. If anything it is more Rock. Everyone is entitled to their own opinon. Personally, I think the buildup at the start of the song and lyrics fit.

http://youtu.be/I_P-YNJIdNc
Can you imagine 30k singing along? Nice!

TheMackAttack

Unread post by TheMackAttack » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:35 pm

I'll go ahead and throw in a nomination, I'm not a fan of the lyrics of this song, but the instrumental version is awesome.

ASUGoose

Unread post by ASUGoose » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:39 pm

WVAppsfan wrote:
ASUGoose wrote:My vote would be for Back in Black by AC/DC. Fits nicely for many obvious reasons.

GO 'NEERS!
Not for the ODU game, we would need a Back in White version..... HA HA HA
Hahaha! Good point! :)

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:49 pm

Top 3

Hanson - Mmm Bop
Nickleback - How You Remind Me
Soulja Boy - Crank That

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:08 pm

Gonzo wrote:Top 3

Hanson - Mmm Bop
Soulja Boy - Crank That
I lol'd.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:34 am

AppDawg wrote:I believe we had "The Outsiders" by Eric Chuch long before ESPN picked it up and made it a staple for all of their college football broadcasts.

Too bad our fanbase complained so much we stopped playing it.
It wasn't the song the fans complained about, it was Church un-enthusiastically saying "Welcome To The Rock" at the end of it.

TBH, I'm tired of Eric Church. I'm tired of being told to like him because he went to App and he's not Bro Country or whatever (I don't listen to country). I'm tired of being told we were bad fans for not liking something he did "out of the goodness of his heart". I'm tired of people from the athletics office still being bitter about something from three years ago.

I get even more tired of it when he goes on TV and says he bleeds Carolina blue, yet I hear about what he does for App "behind the scenes".

ashugh

Unread post by ashugh » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:12 am

I don't pay that much attention to entrance songs. Guess that's why I didn't realize VT used Sandman. Seems pretty logical, with it being the ROCK, AC/DC - For Those About to ROCK would be the one.

app80

Unread post by app80 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:12 am

Rocking in the Free World by Neil Young

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:27 am

T-Dog wrote:
AppDawg wrote:I believe we had "The Outsiders" by Eric Chuch long before ESPN picked it up and made it a staple for all of their college football broadcasts.

Too bad our fanbase complained so much we stopped playing it.
It wasn't the song the fans complained about, it was Church un-enthusiastically saying "Welcome To The Rock" at the end of it.

TBH, I'm tired of Eric Church. I'm tired of being told to like him because he went to App and he's not Bro Country or whatever (I don't listen to country). I'm tired of being told we were bad fans for not liking something he did "out of the goodness of his heart". I'm tired of people from the athletics office still being bitter about something from three years ago.

I get even more tired of it when he goes on TV and says he bleeds Carolina blue, yet I hear about what he does for App "behind the scenes".
He's still at alot of App games just an FYI.

The biggest issue is that intro came out in 2013, when App had its worst season in the 2000s. Had App been winning nobody would have cared/noticed. I personally like Welcome to the Rock with Connery just making a point on the Eric Church thing.
Last edited by Goapps15 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 am

You can dislike Eric Church's music if you want, your loss, but The Rock is a mediocre movie from 15 years ago starring Nicholas ****ing Cage.

Eric Church is a megastar. It's obviously to our advantage to tap into that. This was one incident where our athletic department should have been steadfast in ignoring complaints from the fan base.

"Please bring back the Nick Cage movie!" (deletes email)

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:14 am

The quality of a 90-minute movie has nothing to do with a 4-second clip being worthy or not.

College Football fans like their traditions. It's one of the reasons the sport is so big. There's a decreasing number of traditions all around due to realignment, progress and so on. People like what they've become familiar with and most of the time, don't like when their traditions are changed. Like whiteouts at home.

On paper, Eric Church saying Welcome to the Rock was a good idea. It didn't click for a multitude of reasons. If something doesn't work, you scrap it and move on.

It wasn't a few tweets or jokes because you don't change something based on next-day rage. There were A LOT of people upset and it was changed back in the fourth home game over a month later.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:10 am

The title of this thread is "Entrance Song". There is nothing song related to the Sean Connery line.

No where in this thread has anyone suggested replacing SC. SC being replaced is the work of some that are so uptight at the mere mention of Eric Church they immediately jump to the conclusion that we can't have both. Afterall, SC's line is just 4 words. Definitely not hype song/motivation worthy by itself.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:16 am

Appftw wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Top 3

Hanson - Mmm Bop
Soulja Boy - Crank That
I lol'd.
Can't you just picture our team emerging from the tunnel and hearing "YUUULLLE!!!"

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:53 am

Gonzo wrote:You can dislike Eric Church's music if you want, your loss, but The Rock is a mediocre movie from 15 years ago starring Nicholas ****ing Cage.

Eric Church is a megastar. It's obviously to our advantage to tap into that. This was one incident where our athletic department should have been steadfast in ignoring complaints from the fan base.

"Please bring back the Nick Cage movie!" (deletes email)
LOL, Eric Church is not a megastar by any objective measure and would rather have gone to UNC it seems. I don't hear a lot of people clamoring for us to hitch the wagon to EC.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”