Recruiting Gripe Thread

appst89
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: Recruiting, 2016

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:22 pm

It's going to take me a while, but I'm going to try to prune the bitchfest from the recruiting info and put it in a separate thread.

AppDawg

Re: Recruiting, 2016

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:59 pm

appst89 wrote:It's going to take me a while, but I'm going to try to prune the bitchfest from the recruiting info and put it in a separate thread.
Good call. Perhaps instead of naming "recruiting" gripe thread. Just name it "gripe thread."

AppState89

Re: Recruiting Gripe Thread

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:16 pm

Per Yosef's Cabin, AppState89 has committed to App State...It's his birthday today and he turned 49. He's expected to sit in the stands and cheer for the Mountaineers. He is one for 25,000+ fans that will be in the stands in 2016. LOLOLOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Happy Birthday Robert

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:02 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:Happy Birthday Robert
Thanks Bruce
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:23 am

At the end of the day if another school is getting their recruiting information off our message board, they are going to get it. I have yet to think of an option that eliminates the possibility of them having that information, short of us limiting the recruiting information to a select few, known individuals, which is not something I would personally be supportive of. Hidden posts offer a small deterrent, private forum with requested access adds another small deterrent, but as previously mentioned doesn't stop any Tom, Dick, or Harry from requesting access.

As crazy as it sounds and without really sitting down for a few hours to brainstorm, I actually think the best solution is to do nothing. Other forums charge money for recruiting information, but as mentioned earlier - what's a couple bucks to the offending teams that want to use information from a message board to help find recruits? The only thing that does is cost all of us money and prevent some die hard fans from being able to follow along, creating a 'haves and have nots', also something I'm not fond of on a message board like this. Any solution we do come up with, will not be foolproof.

We've spoken here a few times about some of us only wanting those recruits who want to be at App. If that's the case, do we care if another university goes after the same recruits we're going after? If that university 'steals' that recruit away, I would suggest that recruit wasn't ours to begin with as they didn't have their heart set on App.

asufan87

Unread post by asufan87 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 am

Easy fix. If posts are outside the stated guidelines, delete them. Eventually, people will learn.
Last edited by asufan87 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:03 am

It's simple -- if we don't do it, we loose moose as a recruiting resource. He will not get half the information he gives us.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:09 am

AppStateNews wrote:The issue is the request to hide the posts is coming from the athletic department. As Firemoose said, the hiding feature is BS, but its what is keeping the athletic department happy.

It's simple -- if we don't do it, we loose moose as a recruiting resource. He will not get half the information he gives us.
With the exception of David Jackson, the athletic department has consistently refused to work with us over the years on various occasions. While I won't be spending energy to go against their wishes, I'm certainly not super interested in spending energy/time/resources etc. to make them happy when they've chosen to not work with us. If they want to have a working relationship, I'm happy to help, but it needs to be a two way street. I don't believe the Cabin exists to be an unofficial extension of the athletic department, but only when it is convenient for said department.

app80

Unread post by app80 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:18 am

ASU-MBA You make the school of business look bad with your spoiled kid posts.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:14 am

Sad, real sad. Not just this thread but many of them. The way we treat each other is just real sad. We have so much more than we deserve and all we can do is bitch and moan. We have a free site. We have a free recruiting thread, a great team, coach, staff, stadium, athletic facilities. We have a great AD. With all this if a stranger got on here they would think we were in the most god awful place there is. It is just sad.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:20 am

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:32 am

app80 wrote:ASU-MBA You make the school of business look bad with your spoiled kid posts.
I think he trolled just so he could get his 100th post in we haven't heard from him since.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:35 am

With yosef, if the athletic department want to cut moose off over this so be it. Moose does an amazing job collecting info and feeding it to us here. But to not be able to post hearsay and things already readily available twitter, who cares? This is a message board for discussion, censoring that is boring and pointless, we will all know who officially signs on signing day anyway. Moose again, I greatly appreciate your efforts of the years but being unable to post what readily available on the web elsewhere is silly.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

ASU_MBA

Unread post by ASU_MBA » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:56 am

Capt. Ed wrote:
app80 wrote:ASU-MBA You make the school of business look bad with your spoiled kid posts.
I think he trolled just so he could get his 100th post in we haven't heard from him since.
I'm still here, just enjoying the paid content on 247/scout without all the silly hall monitors and personal attacks on this site.

You guys clearly don't understand the point I was making. Yosef touched on it - if schools want our recruiting information off a message board they are going to get it.
Hidden posts or rules on who can post what - will not help.

Agree or not, I found it silly that MackAttack got berated for posting about a PUBLIC Tweet that Marcus Williams put out saying he de-committed from Elon. A Tweet the whole world could see... Several followers on this board said:

1) You shouldn't post that....it is not confirmed (what other confirmation do you lemmings need?)
2) "If you post it should be hidden." (it is like using a condom with a hundred needle holes. Looks like you are protected but does nothing)

You guys want to pretend this board has some top secret info that a SunBelt school can't get for 9.95 a month. Get real.

This board used to be fun, when we could banter back and forth. Now you can't voice an opinion without little toes getting hurt and heaven forbid you post something on the recruiting thread without getting a stamp of approval.

I agree we should never talk bad about a recruit that should be off limits. But the whole hidden posts and a public tweet is not a confirmed source, well it is just silly.

We can agree to disagree on it.

I've moved on.

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:03 pm

ASU_MBA wrote:
Capt. Ed wrote:
I'm still here, just enjoying the paid content on 247/scout without all the silly hall monitors and personal attacks on this site.

You guys clearly don't understand the point I was making. Yosef touched on it - if schools want our recruiting information off a message board they are going to get it.
Hidden posts or rules on who can post what - will not help.

Agree or not, I found it silly that MackAttack got berated for posting about a PUBLIC Tweet that Marcus Williams put out saying he de-committed from Elon. A Tweet the whole world could see... Several followers on this board said:

1) You shouldn't post that....it is not confirmed (what other confirmation do you lemmings need?)
2) "If you post it should be hidden." (it is like using a condom with a hundred needle holes. Looks like you are protected but does nothing)

You guys want to pretend this board has some top secret info that a SunBelt school can't get for 9.95 a month. Get real.

This board used to be fun, when we could banter back and forth. Now you can't voice an opinion without little toes getting hurt and heaven forbid you post something on the recruiting thread without getting a stamp of approval.

I agree we should never talk bad about a recruit that should be off limits. But the whole hidden posts and a public tweet is not a confirmed source, well it is just silly.

We can agree to disagree on it.

I've moved on.
You are so wrong on so many levels and if you've really moved on, no need to argue with you any more.

Bottom line, if someone's working hard and providing value, don't micro manage or criticize how he accomplishes good. Just thank him and shut up.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Everyone can let it go now. Nothing to gripe about anymore anyway.

Rick0714

Unread post by Rick0714 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:33 pm

firemoose wrote:Everyone can let it go now. Nothing to gripe about anymore anyway.
Moose, I posted something on the "other" recruiting thread, but I just wanted to say Thank You and I think its unbelievably sad that this is the result. I APPRECIATE every ounce of effort you have put in and want you to know that the vast majority of the posters here, including many that used to wear the Black and Gold on the field, understand the situation you were put in and respect what you did for US for NOTHING in return. Immaturity is so accepted in our society today and I guess us "old guys" just don't understand. As a former player and a youth, HS, Elite Camp and personal coach for over 15 years, I can say your info was, without a doubt, the most accurate I've seen. Keep your chin up!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:14 pm

I am relatively new to MMB, so I will openly admit I have no idea what you're all talking about, who started it, or why certain people are mad.

I do know that one of the reasons Appfans.com died long before the admin decided to no longer take his time to post, was because of the non stop bitching. Not sure if this argument everyone is having is worth having, but whatever the beef is you all should squash it.

Hidden post or not who cares. Feel privileged that there is even a site for us to get any information.

That's all.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:43 am

It's really sad that a few childish, selfish and brazenly stubborn individuals have caused the large majority of members and guests of the MMB to lose the resource that Moose has put his heart and soul into for most of the last four years. He's done so for literally hundreds of hours; both day and night; week in and week out; and often during times of illness when he probably should have been looking out for his health. He's done it out of love for his alma mater and as a totally free resource for his fellow Appalachian fans.

One comment, in particular, really sums it up. This is a paraphrase, but it's not far off. "Moose, I appreciate all of your dedication and hard work, BUT...blah, blah, blah..." ?Nice?

So the actions and words of a few unappreciative renegades (and you guys know who you are) proved to be the direct cause of the loss of Moose's recruiting expertise and research and the year-by-year organization of the data. It's over now and it's a crying shame. It didn't have to end this way.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”