Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Swimming Holes

DoubleA
School: Appalachian State

Swimming Holes

Unread post by DoubleA » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:17 am

Finding local swimming holes were some of the best memories from summer school days in Boone. My son has been on campus less than a week and has already found Compression Falls, on the Elk River. Beautiful scenery, and the jump looks exhilarating. He was excited to tell us he had made the jump and we were excited that he made it back to dorm in one piece.

TheMoody1

Re: Swimming Holes

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Looks just like it did in the early '80s. That was a blast.If I did it now I probably wouldn't be able to get out of bed the next day. :lol:

appbio91

Re: Swimming Holes

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:38 am

DoubleA wrote:Finding local swimming holes were some of the best memories from summer school days in Boone. My son has been on campus less than a week and has already found Compression Falls, on the Elk River. Beautiful scenery, and the jump looks exhilarating. He was excited to tell us he had made the jump and we were excited that he made it back to dorm in one piece.

My daughter discovered it this weekend. Great, now I get pics of her 30ft in the air instead of on the edge of a cliff at rough ridge.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”