Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Alumni Hall officially

appdaze

Alumni Hall officially

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:05 pm

Alumni Hall will be official E-commerce seller. Just an FYI.

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Alumni Hall officially

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:56 pm

They need to open a store in Hickory, maybe a small kiosk to start in downtown Hickory or in the mall on a kiosk. We need to go all in on Hickory and see what we get, even if it is a small lose leader.

Obviously that is a decision for Alumni Hall to make but I am sure App could sweeten the deal a bit to get it off the ground.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:04 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:56 pm
They need to open a store in Hickory, maybe a small kiosk to start in downtown Hickory or in the mall on a kiosk. We need to go all in on Hickory and see what we get, even if it is a small lose leader.

Obviously that is a decision for Alumni Hall to make but I am sure App could sweeten the deal a bit to get it off the ground.
put in somewhere in the bottom floor of the campus building....so student buys while in an App State of mind.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:28 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:04 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:56 pm

put in somewhere in the bottom floor of the campus building....so student buys while in an App State of mind.
There will be a regular student store I would assume in the Hickory building. This is a athletics only store it seems and needs to be out in the public if financially possible. That is why I was thinking one of those portable cart type things as a start just to push into the Hickory market in a more formal manner.

A regular student store raises money for all students for academic and need based scholarships while this store, I assume, is sending all net proceeds to athletics, and only athletics. Both are important.

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:39 am

Nothing against Alumni Hall but whenever possible I prefer to purchase my gear in person and from the hometown (locally owned) stores along King Street, or the bookstore, rather than a "chain" store with locations in dozens of college towns. With that said...I have been in their Boone store several times and they have a great selection.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:23 am

AppYosef! wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:39 am
Nothing against Alumni Hall but whenever possible I prefer to purchase my gear in person and from the hometown (locally owned) stores along King Street, or the bookstore, rather than a "chain" store with locations in dozens of college towns. With that said...I have been in their Boone store several times and they have a great selection.
I hardly even purchase from King Street stores but I have here and there. I generally hit the Student Store if open.

It is nice to have a good presence online for that that are farther from Boone. But it is hard to argue with your point.

Captain Morgan

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:34 am

Coastal just opened an off campus store in Conway.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:42 am

Captain Morgan wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:34 am
A school owned store or a private company such as we have on King Street, or do they have an Alumni Hall specifically?

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:22 pm

I purchase my items from the store on King Street or the bookstore with the best merchandise to purchase. I have purchased from all. IMO, Alumni Hall has the best assortment of items. As such, a significant majority of my purchases are from Alumni Hall. I go into the other stores, however it is more of the same old stuff. Since we are in Boone so much with our daughter still in school, I have not purchased much online. When I do, it is from Alumni Hall as my wife will mention something she has seen in Alumni Hall and it is a good holiday gift.
I am sure others may like other stores better. Always great to have competition.
#99ForPresident!!

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:36 pm

I like the store at the mall best

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:24 pm

Alumni Hall on King St. is the best App merch store I’ve been to. I have lost count of the times I have walked in and out of others finding nothing of interest. They hire App students who are fans and great to deal with. I’d suggest you all give it a shot and then you might feel comfortable buying online. When you purchase online it comes from the King St. store with a handwritten Go Mountaineers type note.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:19 am

Captain Morgan wrote:
I have been doing college visits with the oldest daughter of late. And one of the things I found attractive when looking at colleges, and she seems to be attracted to as well, is going to school in a "college town". And one of the markers in my mind of a good college town is campus near a downtown filled with restaurants and college merchandise stores - Boone, Chapel Hill, Blacksburg, and Charlottesville would be good examples. Harrisonburg is surprising un-college town like IMO but I have heard it's has improved in recent years. It would be nice to see Conway go in that direction as well - though CCU is too far from downtown to ever be a "real" college town. More CCU merchandise stores in Conway is a nice move.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:26 am

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:19 am
Captain Morgan wrote:
I have been doing college visits with the oldest daughter of late. And one of the things I found attractive when looking at colleges, and she seems to be attracted to as well, is going to school in a "college town". And one of the markers in my mind of a good college town is campus near a downtown filled with restaurants and college merchandise stores - Boone, Chapel Hill, Blacksburg, and Charlottesville would be good examples. Harrisonburg is surprising un-college town like IMO but I have heard it's has improved in recent years. It would be nice to see Conway go in that direction as well - though CCU is too far from downtown to ever be a "real" college town. More CCU merchandise stores in Conway is a nice move.
I hope coastal continues to remain the glorified community college that it is...just saying 🤣🤣🤣
#99ForPresident!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:43 pm

I also prefer to patronize locally-owned businesses whenever possible.
When I was a student, your options were
  • Mountaineer Mania (decent options but the owner acted like he hated everyone) and
  • The Bookstore...which offered a very limited selection of, well, everything
We like Alumni Hall because they carry a wide selection of unique apparel compared to the other King Street shops.
So we primarily shop there and the Bookstore now.

mountainman33

Unread post by mountainman33 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:08 pm

My customer service interactions with them have been top notch. That said, I don't really like their selection and their pricing is higher than the old vendor. I hope as their stock increases, some prices can come down. Otherwise, I'll probably mainly buy from the bookstore (which really needs to update their website).
-----------------------------------
Class of 2003 :geek:
Go Apps!!!
Former Austin Alumni Chapter President

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:45 am

Was recently on campus for my 50th class reunion and went into the bookstore. Currently, things are in the process of being remodeled, I believe, but was really disappointed in their selection. I would agree that Alumni Hall is a great addition to the merchandise landscape in Boone and have bought several items there.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:32 am

First time I went to Alumni Hall, I thought "eh, this is just a cleaner (name King St merch store)."

But when I went back the second time, it was MUCH cleaner, MUCH nicer, and WAY better options.

I think it just depends when you go what their selection is. If you only go football weekends, the selection is probably less than if you go on a random weekend in the summer.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:30 am

Did not want to start a new thread. For those that got your Yosef Club packets, how many YC car stickers did you get? We have 3 cars we like to put the stickers on. Only got one last year and had to have them send others. Like to rep YC whenever I can.
#99ForPresident!!

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:48 am

Who in their right mind still goes to a mall, at least without Kevlar? I do like the downtown stand alone store idea in neighboring cities though. Not sure whether it would bring a great revenue stream in or not, but for presence its a great idea. Clemson has one in Greenville SC. I bet Furman loves that. We should open one in Statesboro, Conway, Harrisonburg etc. Just for giggles of course. Only half joking.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:49 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:30 am
Did not want to start a new thread. For those that got your Yosef Club packets, how many YC car stickers did you get? We have 3 cars we like to put the stickers on. Only got one last year and had to have them send others. Like to rep YC whenever I can.
Call the YC and ask them to send you more.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”