Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

corporate partnership for KBS?

BallantyneApp
School: Appalachian State

corporate partnership for KBS?

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:52 am

with the news of the rebranding/new sponsor of Wake Forest football stadium, wondering what our agreement with Kidd Brewers family is and if we are looking to establish a corporate sponsor for KBS.

I'm not sure what the Brewer family paid, but i'm pretty confident we can achieve far more $$ in the open market. I'm sure some company would have loved to have their logo and brand splashed all over College Gameday at a much lower price than at the P5 level.

appdaze

Re: corporate partnership for KBS?

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:56 am

I'd prefer we keep the name rather than being AutoZone stadium, cracker barrel field, waffle field house. I'm sure money will win out in the end but when I think of this type of sponsorship I just think of all the ridiculous bowl names these days. Welcome Appalachian State fans to a beautiful day here at Tax Slayer . Com field.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:17 am

It’s another revenue stream. We’d be foolish to ignore it if the opportunity presented itself.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:23 am

It would be nice. What corporations are located in or around Boone that have the capital to make that investment?

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:26 am

I'll say it again. "Long Neck Ice Cold Beer never broke my Heart, Stadium" has a very nice ring to it.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:44 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:23 am
It would be nice. What corporations are located in or around Boone that have the capital to make that investment?
who says they have to be located in Boone? Our sphere of influence extends far beyond the borders of Watauga county. Any NC corporation that seeks to have their brand plastered all over ESPN and seen by 30000+ people on football home games should be interested.

Charlotte is our home TV market and, we hold majority share for a G5 school here. I would start there although there are certainly companies located in W-S, Hickory and possibly even Asheville that I think would be interested.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:51 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:44 am
AppSt94 wrote:
who says they have to be located in Boone? Our sphere of influence extends far beyond the borders of Watauga county. Any NC corporation that seeks to have their brand plastered all over ESPN and seen by 30000+ people on football home games should be interested.

Charlotte is our home TV market and, we hold majority share for a G5 school here. I would start there although there are certainly companies located in W-S, Hickory and possibly even Asheville that I think would be interested.
But where is the ROI from the sponsor’s perspective? Most of our games are on a subscription platform. I’m not a Marketing Major, but I do know that the deal has to be mutually beneficial.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:02 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:51 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

But where is the ROI from the sponsor’s perspective? Most of our games are on a subscription platform. I’m not a Marketing Major, but I do know that the deal has to be mutually beneficial.
Outside of local broadcast TV games you pick up with an antenna, all games are on a subcription platform. :D
I know the regular ESPN's just have a lot more subscribers.
Last edited by TheMoody1 on Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:03 am

AppSt94 wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

The ROI is engagement and eyeballs. We have the data. Yes, lots of our games are on ESPN+, but thats not the only way our fans engage with our football program. We have data on eyeballs for games on linear TV. We obviously have data on the # of people that go through the gates on football gamedays. We ALSO have data on how much interaction happens on social media sites (App is generally top 3 in all of G5 on social media interaction). That is a huge # of people that will not only see our stadium sponsors names, but actually interact with the message.

We also know the market for our peer schools agreements. Without doing too much research, it seems that ~$1MM/yr for a 10 or 15 year term should be achievable. Honestly if I was negotiating, I would look for a premium at the G5 space given Apps exemplary brand and market share in a fairly affluent city in Charlotte.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:23 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:03 am
AppSt94 wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

The ROI is engagement and eyeballs. We have the data. Yes, lots of our games are on ESPN+, but thats not the only way our fans engage with our football program. We have data on eyeballs for games on linear TV. We obviously have data on the # of people that go through the gates on football gamedays. We ALSO have data on how much interaction happens on social media sites (App is generally top 3 in all of G5 on social media interaction). That is a huge # of people that will not only see our stadium sponsors names, but actually interact with the message.

We also know the market for our peer schools agreements. Without doing too much research, it seems that ~$1MM/yr for a 10 or 15 year term should be achievable. Honestly if I was negotiating, I would look for a premium at the G5 space given Apps exemplary brand and market share in a fairly affluent city in Charlotte.
All true. Has been for years. So why still no sponsor? Are you suggesting that those in charge aren’t trying to get one?
Last edited by AppSt94 on Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:07 pm

I think it's more about EGO than ROI.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:27 pm

I would go after a green energy company on the SP500 and specifically nextEra energy. We should try and partner with them on the conservation school programs/colleges as well as a naming right to the stadium. They are getting it done and it would be a win win for App and NextEra energy. Both would benefit from the relationship.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:55 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
LOWES

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:55 pm

The Rock wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:55 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
LOWES
I know they are in Mooresville, previously North Wilkesboro. I figured if they wanted to provide sponsorship, they would have done it already.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:42 pm

CommScope in Hickory
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:34 pm

How many other universities besides WFU have corporate sponsorships for their football stadiums? Not saying it isn’t a good idea but I can’t think of any in NC.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:43 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:34 pm
How many other universities besides WFU have corporate sponsorships for their football stadiums? Not saying it isn’t a good idea but I can’t think of any in NC.
Several actually. Syracuse and Louisville are the most recognizable.
https://businessofcollegesports.com/dat ... hts-deals/

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:57 pm

What happened to Truist? Could we get them to sponsor KBS if they are out at Wake? HQ is now in Charlotte.

GO APPS!!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:11 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:55 pm
The Rock wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:55 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
LOWES
I know they are in Mooresville, previously North Wilkesboro. I figured if they wanted to provide sponsorship, they would have done it already.
If what I’ve heard is correct, there’s virtually nothing left in Wilkes County, other than the store.

Just my opinion, we’ll never see Lowe’s as a MAJOR sponsor of anything Appalachian, at least not for a long, long while. That’s not the direction they think the company should go.
Give 'em hell!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:45 pm

A&T has Truist Field and before that Ford sponsored the stadium.

Personally I would never refer to any structure by a corporate name. It would still be KBS to me and if it never had a name like that I would refer to it as App State Football Stadium or ASFS for short.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”