Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Black-eyed Susans

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Black-eyed Susans

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:11 pm

I planted a rhododendron and earlier this year and I noticed it was struggling. Today the even more important black-eyed Susan was planted in our yard.

Some good vibes to bring a bit of the Boone area to Greensboro would be appreciated.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Re: Black-eyed Susans

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:42 am

Rhodos don’t like excessive heat but more importantly they don’t like to be planted too deep…excessive water will kill them. Also…deer have started to ravage them and last but not least, I’d personally hold off fertilizing them late in the fall for fear of early freeze damaging branches. If their color is off, think about some iron for quick green up.
Lastly, I can’t for the life of me understand why the entrances to kbs aren’t more festooned with black/gold/white flowers combinations.

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Black-eyed Susans

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:22 am

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:42 am
Rhodos don’t like excessive heat but more importantly they don’t like to be planted too deep…excessive water will kill them. Also…deer have started to ravage them and last but not least, I’d personally hold off fertilizing them late in the fall for fear of early freeze damaging branches. If their color is off, think about some iron for quick green up.
Lastly, I can’t for the life of me understand why the entrances to kbs aren’t more festooned with black/gold/white flowers combinations.
Thank you for the expert advice.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”