Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Huge Complaint about App State

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Huge Complaint about App State

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:37 pm

OK not really huge, but a bit odd.

I was giving some money online to App State just now and for "State" I start typing North. And what comes up? Northern Mariana Islands. Now I appreciate that NMI is an option and maybe the number of alumni living in NMI is larger than I realize but I have a hard time thinking that is a more popular location to donate to App State than North Carolina.

I had to scroll down and find North Carolina. As lazy as I am I can not guarantee how many more times I will give to the Foundation if it takes this much work.

Also NMI was after California as well and not with the other "N" states and territories.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Saint3333

Re: Huge Complaint about App State

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:36 am

Wow…

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:51 am

It’s likely some data entry checking software being used by the application App uses. Probably a cheaper option than what all the big retailers use or create themselves.

I know it’s not user friendly and may have some bugs but it only takes money to fix.

I am sure you are just venting your frustration but, Knowing that, are you really serious about not giving because the system they use is a byproduct of them not having a lot of money?

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:54 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:51 am
It’s likely some data entry checking software being used by the application App uses. Probably a cheaper option than what all the big retailers use or create themselves.

I know it’s not user friendly and may have some bugs but it only takes money to fix.

I am sure you are just venting your frustration but, Knowing that, are you really serious about not giving because the system they use is a byproduct of them not having a lot of money?
I was joking. I just thought there would be so many more N states and even “North” states compared to NMI. App can’t have more than 5-6 alumni in NMI I would imagine versus the 10s of thousands in NC that donate.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:45 am

So a family member that is on Twitter (I moved on to Mastadon) mentioned that my joke comment about the App Foundation and NMI was posted on Twitter and apparently was trying to rip me a new one for suggesting I was not going to give to App over this.

Can I suggest letting the joke play out (the NMI part is not a joke as that is what came up, but that would not keep me from giving to App State, though I will not retract my statement about my being lazy. I will die on the hill with that statement, if I was not too lazy to walk up the hill.) I admit it was not a ROFL sort of thing but I did find it a bit humorous that of all places to pop up in auto-fill was NMI. I am only really bothered by the twitter post as my typing this out is keeping me from having to grade papers, so there is that. Oh, and maybe get a life and keep YC stuff on YC. Gee willikers.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:10 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:45 am
So a family member that is on Twitter (I moved on to Mastadon) mentioned that my joke comment about the App Foundation and NMI was posted on Twitter and apparently was trying to rip me a new one for suggesting I was not going to give to App over this.

Can I suggest letting the joke play out (the NMI part is not a joke as that is what came up, but that would not keep me from giving to App State, though I will not retract my statement about my being lazy. I will die on the hill with that statement, if I was not too lazy to walk up the hill.) I admit it was not a ROFL sort of thing but I did find it a bit humorous that of all places to pop up in auto-fill was NMI. I am only really bothered by the twitter post as my typing this out is keeping me from having to grade papers, so there is that. Oh, and maybe get a life and keep YC stuff on YC. Gee willikers.
Are you going on a world wide privacy tour to stop people from reposting the words you post on the internet?

appalum2003

Unread post by appalum2003 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:18 pm

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:37 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:10 pm

Are you going on a world wide privacy tour to stop people from reposting the words you post on the internet?
No too lazy.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:38 pm

appalum2003 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:18 pm
Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?
I am not sure it was so much a joke as a drôle de tranche de vie.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:22 pm

I can’t believe anyone with half a brain would take it for anything other than the humorous intent in which it was created.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:26 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:22 pm
I can’t believe anyone with half a brain would take it for anything other than the humorous intent in which it was created.
I would have also accepted humorous attempt as well. :)

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:18 pm

Some of #NeerTwitter is ruthless. If you don't agree with them, they claim bigotry and go full on mob mode and group attacks. They do the same exact thing they claim is wrong. Not all of them are like that though. Some are pretty solid people and use Twitter for comedic value to see the overreactions.

That's why I'm barely on there though. It was even worse as a player.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:23 pm

Hmmmmmm.

Admittedly lazy.
Entitled to think proximity makes him more important.
Whines about first world problems.
Makes terrible "N" word jokes.
Cries about privacy while posting on the internet.
Uses a foreign language phrase to sound cool instead of just saying it in english.
Made the move to a social media echo chamber who's open source code was used to create Truth Social and who's CEO wanted twitter(a private company) to be a public utility, all the while, he controlled his own firm as a dictator who likes having the final say.....

Is this a new stereotype forming, or is this already an established one?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:22 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:10 pm

He does not need to go on his own. He could just join Harry and Meghan on theirs. LOL

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:35 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:18 pm
use Twitter for comedic value to see the overreactions.

That's why I'm barely on there though. It was even worse as a player.
I have to admit I did enjoy reading Modern Seinfeld on Twitter just before I stepped away. That was some funny stuff in a few sentences.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”