Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Gillin Presser Summary

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Gillin Presser Summary

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:15 am

pop5app wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:50 am
Game day operations have been good/better BUT we don’t have any conference championships in any sport. For me, that’s why we play the games to begin with. All the “fru fru” stuff is fine but I wanna win!
Maybe we should just get rid of everyone and find players and coaches that “want to win”, because the ones we have clearly aren’t meeting your expectations. Why not try rooting harder? What a self-entitled post. Geez.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:22 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:30 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:35 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:05 am
I agree. That was a negative comment in my opinion. Our mentality year in and year out is that we are the underdog and we have to work 5x harder than competition.
I do like the enthusiasm around the new East side premium. I am in negotiations with my extremely better half on this topic. I may have to get a closer to come in and seal the deal.😂
I hear that they are raising the buy in for the NEZ seating as well. That initial $1k per seat is going to be a bargain.
This is basically how I sold my wife on it. Told her “remember when I asked for NEZ tickets and you drug your feet over $3k (for 3 tickets)? Think how much it will be the next time we have the opportunity. $25k is a bargain”. Somehow she bought that load of crap.
The forgiveness route is often easier than permission.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:54 am

mike87 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:22 am
BeauFoster wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
I agree. That was a negative comment in my opinion. Our mentality year in and year out is that we are the underdog and we have to work 5x harder than competition.
I do like the enthusiasm around the new East side premium. I am in negotiations with my extremely better half on this topic. I may have to get a closer to come in and seal the deal.😂
I hear that they are raising the buy in for the NEZ seating as well. That initial $1k per seat is going to be a bargain.
This is basically how I sold my wife on it. Told her “remember when I asked for NEZ tickets and you drug your feet over $3k (for 3 tickets)? Think how much it will be the next time we have the opportunity. $25k is a bargain”. Somehow she bought that load of crap.
$25 is forgivable. $25k is divorced.
Give 'em hell!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:17 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:54 am
mike87 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Not to mention, while they forgive, they keep score.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:28 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:15 am
pop5app wrote:
Game day operations have been good/better BUT we don’t have any conference championships in any sport. For me, that’s why we play the games to begin with. All the “fru fru” stuff is fine but I wanna win!
Maybe we should just get rid of everyone and find players and coaches that “want to win”, because the ones we have clearly aren’t meeting your expectations. Why not try rooting harder? What a self-entitled post. Geez.
I guess you’re tired of calling people stupid or dumb or selfish so you’ve decided to use entitled. Why don’t you just stop it. Name calling is very childish. There is no one on this board that has lived and died ASU more than me. I won’t justify your immature response with any further explanation. The discussion was not about me. It was a statement about the overall state of the our athletics. GEEZ !

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:48 am

pop5app wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:28 am
AppSt94 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
I guess you’re tired of calling people stupid or dumb or selfish so you’ve decided to use entitled. Why don’t you just stop it. Name calling is very childish. There is no one on this board that has lived and died ASU more than me. I won’t justify your immature response with any further explanation. The discussion was not about me. It was a statement about the overall state of the our athletics. GEEZ !
Go find where I have called anyone “stupid”, “dumb” or “selfish”. I’ll wait. I said what I said about your post. If it triggered you or just pissed you off. You should probably seek help.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:25 am

pop5app wrote:
Everyone wants to win but not everyone is willing to do what it takes to win.You might listen to Steve Brown on the Black and Gold Podcast .He covers it well.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:01 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:48 am
pop5app wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
Go find where I have called anyone “stupid”, “dumb” or “selfish”. I’ll wait. I said what I said about your post. If it triggered you or just pissed you off. You should probably seek help.
My apologies if I accused you of something you didn’t do. Don’t call me entitled! I’m not “pissed” but I am disappointed in the overall state of ASU Athletics. I would prefer winning athletics which we do not have at this moment. That was my original point and that must have pissed you off. Instead of getting into a personal pissing contest why don’t we discuss athletics. If we can’t do that like adults I guess you’ll need to seek help as well.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:25 pm

pop5app wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:01 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
My apologies if I accused you of something you didn’t do. Don’t call me entitled! I’m not “pissed” but I am disappointed in the overall state of ASU Athletics. I would prefer winning athletics which we do not have at this moment. That was my original point and that must have pissed you off. Instead of getting into a personal pissing contest why don’t we discuss athletics. If we can’t do that like adults I guess you’ll need to seek help as well.
We can discuss anything you like. The question is are you willing to listen? I don’t think that any of the members of this halfway house want anything else but to win. That’s what fans do. But no one here wants to win more than the athletes and coaches themselves. I don’t care how much you have lived or died ASU. You don’t want to win more than Clark, Kerns, Elderkin, or any of the other coaches do. Your comment wasn’t I want App to win. Your comment was, “I wanna win.” So was it entitled? Yep. Everyone would prefer winning athletics. Who doesn’t?

Some of us try and provide sound root cause analysis as to why things are what they are and we get met with calls of those are excuses. That’s not accepting mediocrity, that’s accepting our current reality. But carry on as you were. Fight the good fight on this here message board and hope that it leads to change.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:40 pm

Watch baseball have the best season of all sports programs! I’d be here for it. Excited for baseball season with the revamped Beav.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:28 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:25 pm
pop5app wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

We can discuss anything you like. The question is are you willing to listen? I don’t think that any of the members of this halfway house want anything else but to win. That’s what fans do. But no one here wants to win more than the athletes and coaches themselves. I don’t care how much you have lived or died ASU. You don’t want to win more than Clark, Kerns, Elderkin, or any of the other coaches do. Your comment wasn’t I want App to win. Your comment was, “I wanna win.” So was it entitled? Yep. Everyone would prefer winning athletics. Who doesn’t?

Some of us try and provide sound root cause analysis as to why things are what they are and we get met with calls of those are excuses. That’s not accepting mediocrity, that’s accepting our current reality. But carry on as you were. Fight the good fight on this here message board and hope that it leads to change.
If you are willing to discuss anything I want, then let’s start with my simple original statement concerning our athletic standing and that we haven’t won any championships this year in any sport. Instead, we are hung up on personal attacks. Oh and by the way, as you were.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:30 pm

pop5app wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:28 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:25 pm
pop5app wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
pop5app wrote:

If you are willing to discuss anything I want, then let’s start with my simple original statement concerning our athletic standing and that we haven’t won any championships this year in any sport. Instead, we are hung up on personal attacks. Oh and by the way, as you were.
Outside of football, what fall sport underachieved of failed to when a championship that they usually contend for?

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:52 pm

We haven’t won any championships in any sport. What do you suggest we can do to change that. But we were originally talking about the many enhancements to football and the game day experience . While I am very happy that we’re able to improve the game day experience and make KBS nicer I would prefer to hoist some championship trophy’s too,

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:13 pm

My personal opinion.... enhancing Gameday experience makes fans want to attend which helps with consistent revenue. The east side project and potential revenue from that...adds revenue to all help with more available funds to compensate coaches at higher level....
We all want to win, but the two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

And, yes, if we do not consistently win, attendance may drop. However, there is a higher likelihood to not winning if we do not have funds to hire and keep right coaches for a longer period of time. Gameday experience and east side projects are critical to that endeavor. Just my opinion
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:31 pm

I guess the first thing that I would do is ask Gillin and the coaches what I and we can do to help turn that around.

But all of that “fru-fru” as you call it is necessary. All or our programs need more funding to compete at the highest level possible. How do you generate the funding? By revenue streams that come from football ticket sales and parking. You need to consistently sell your game day experience and constantly improve upon it to compete with other avenues for entertainment dollars, as well as television platforms that make it cheaper to stay home. In short, you have to make it hard for your consumer to want to stay home versus head to the stadium.

Personally, I don’t see how folks endured the concourse overcrowding. I sit in the NEZ and traversed my way to the east stands once in 2021. I haven’t done it since. I wouldn’t stand in line for a soda and get pushed and shoved by people trying to get by. I’m there to watch a game, not stand in line. So anything improvements to the game day experience in KBS helps every other program.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:15 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:31 pm
I guess the first thing that I would do is ask Gillin and the coaches what I and we can do to help turn that around.

But all of that “fru-fru” as you call it is necessary. All or our programs need more funding to compete at the highest level possible. How do you generate the funding? By revenue streams that come from football ticket sales and parking. You need to consistently sell your game day experience and constantly improve upon it to compete with other avenues for entertainment dollars, as well as television platforms that make it cheaper to stay home. In short, you have to make it hard for your consumer to want to stay home versus head to the stadium.

Personally, I don’t see how folks endured the concourse overcrowding. I sit in the NEZ and traversed my way to the east stands once in 2021. I haven’t done it since. I wouldn’t stand in line for a soda and get pushed and shoved by people trying to get by. I’m there to watch a game, not stand in line. So anything improvements to the game day experience in KBS helps every other program.

Thanks. Fair ! I don’t disagree but if it were me I would start by trying to answer the question : Why do we not have enough money to compete at a higher level across the board? It all gets back to money. We need more . Wonder what could be done to get more money than we have.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:36 pm

pop5app wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:15 pm
AppSt94 wrote:

Thanks. Fair ! I don’t disagree but if it were me I would start by trying to answer the question : Why do we not have enough money to compete at a higher level across the board? It all gets back to money. We need more . Wonder what could be done to get more money than we have.
I would add the question as to how will money help? Other than salaries to entice highly qualified assistants, what does an extra $100 k do for say volleyball.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:44 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:36 pm
pop5app wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

I would add the question as to how will money help? Other than salaries to entice highly qualified assistants, what does an extra $100 k do for say volleyball.
IMO because volleyball is not a revenue generating sport it takes a back seat to football. That is reality. So football is voting to get first priority over all the other sports, period.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:20 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:44 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:36 pm
pop5app wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

IMO because volleyball is not a revenue generating sport it takes a back seat to football. That is reality. So football is voting to get first priority over all the other sports, period.
The people we have in place to make that Decision should know what an extra $100,000 would do. I would say that it would not hurt. I agree that football should and does get priority for the big bucks. I would add that we should increase the membership in the Yosef Club as a first step. (Not an increase in membership cost but an increase in numbers of members)

asumba95

Unread post by asumba95 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:45 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:17 am
BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:54 am
mike87 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Not to mention, while they forgive, they keep score.
They also get half (at least).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”