Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Gillin Presser Summary

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Gillin Presser Summary

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:43 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:44 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:36 pm
pop5app wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:15 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:31 pm
I guess the first thing that I would do is ask Gillin and the coaches what I and we can do to help turn that around.

But all of that “fru-fru” as you call it is necessary. All or our programs need more funding to compete at the highest level possible. How do you generate the funding? By revenue streams that come from football ticket sales and parking. You need to consistently sell your game day experience and constantly improve upon it to compete with other avenues for entertainment dollars, as well as television platforms that make it cheaper to stay home. In short, you have to make it hard for your consumer to want to stay home versus head to the stadium.

Personally, I don’t see how folks endured the concourse overcrowding. I sit in the NEZ and traversed my way to the east stands once in 2021. I haven’t done it since. I wouldn’t stand in line for a soda and get pushed and shoved by people trying to get by. I’m there to watch a game, not stand in line. So anything improvements to the game day experience in KBS helps every other program.

Thanks. Fair ! I don’t disagree but if it were me I would start by trying to answer the question : Why do we not have enough money to compete at a higher level across the board? It all gets back to money. We need more . Wonder what could be done to get more money than we have.
I would add the question as to how will money help? Other than salaries to entice highly qualified assistants, what does an extra $100 k do for say volleyball.
IMO because volleyball is not a revenue generating sport it takes a back seat to football. That is reality. So football is voting to get first priority over all the other sports, period.
The reality of the results on the field are often masked by our football success. We do have a few programs that are consistently successful even if they aren't capturing titles. But, to be fair our overall athletic program has not produced a lot of championships since we joined the Sun Belt. No doubt, resources play a vital role in any program's success and I don't think anyone doubts the efforts of our coaches and athletes but it is fair to want to see something other than football succeed. We like to see JMU as our peer but their overall athletic program is miles ahead of ours. And yes, they do have access to more financial assistance than we do.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:12 pm

Let's see.
Men's Soccer. No team. No championship.
Men's Outdoor track. No track. No championship.
Men's Indoor track. No team. No championship.
Men's wrestling: Championship in the Southern Conference

The rest are on the appstatesports.com
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:26 pm

If you want to get back the sports we do not have....donate more to where it hurts significantly to do so. Otherwise stop complaining about it .it's a broken record.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:30 pm

Queue the woe is me I give what I can on a limited income while raising a kid diatribe.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:24 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:30 pm
Queue the woe is me I give what I can on a limited income while raising a kid diatribe.
And don’t forget that he still owes Yosef for pledges made years ago.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:27 am

goapps93 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:24 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:30 pm
And don’t forget that he still owes Yosef for pledges made years ago.
What ?Who ?

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:29 am

Pledges are a crock of crap -- It's for an administration to make themselves look good in the moment publicly. Doesn't mean that money will ever show up.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:37 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:29 am
Pledges are a crock of crap -- It's for an administration to make themselves look good in the moment publicly. Doesn't mean that money will ever show up.
Pledges are used as leverage for loans. There is nothing that binds one to the pledge. If you pledged $X for five years then they use that future income as evidence of future payment to secure loans. If something comes up and you can’t fulfill the pledge. They take it off the books.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:53 am

Pledges are better than no pledges... what % that pledge..back out?
In addition to loans, it is used to plan cash flow for various programs. In completing strategic plan, you take a haircut on gross pledges for estimated "back out" rates...
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”