Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Darius Rucker

Saint3333

Re: Darius Rucker

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:17 pm

Rucker played in Charlotte in the fall of 2021. For those wanting to hear some Hootie he’ll likely play 3-5 of those songs as well. His love voice is really impressive, good show overall.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:32 pm

appst89 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:07 pm
Dylan wrote the chorus and the melody. Secor wrote the verses. That’s why they’re credited as co-writers on the song.

The part Dylan wrote for the movie was never finished. He said himself that it was an unfinished sketch.
Then Rucker took it and made it bad.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:19 pm

Wife I’m sure will want to go. But the prices of tickets and selling out insanely quick to the bots online may stop that from happening.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:27 pm

I think Dylan was listening to beach music when he wrote ww, sounds like “meet me with black drawers on”
Bring Your A Game!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:52 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:27 pm
I think Dylan was listening to beach music when he wrote ww, sounds like “meet me with black drawers on”
Or getting ready for an App. St. football game. When you wear the All Blacks, includes the drawers 😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue May 16, 2023 8:26 pm

Just got a couple tickets for the wife and myself, wasn't much left this afternoon though. Still hate I don't pay the fees for student tickets as an online student, could get 2 field tickets for $50 each (normally $95). Wonder how many students know or care about him at their age?

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed May 17, 2023 12:19 am

biggie wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:26 pm
Just got a couple tickets for the wife and myself, wasn't much left this afternoon though. Still hate I don't pay the fees for student tickets as an online student, could get 2 field tickets for $50 each (normally $95). Wonder how many students know or care about him at their age?
What will be the capacity for this concert? Similar to Combs? I hope

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed May 17, 2023 4:14 am

We purchased tickets. I have NEZ seats and inquired if we could use those seats. They said the stage will be turned to the home side of the field.. So NEZ seats not available. I thought Combs was was facing NEZ. I may be wrong as I did not attend. If I am correct, I take this to mean maybe they are not expecting as many as Combs. It is also summertime and not as many students will be around. Hopefully, it will be a great concert.
#99ForPresident!!

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Wed May 17, 2023 6:02 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:14 am
We purchased tickets. I have NEZ seats and inquired if we could use those seats. They said the stage will be turned to the home side of the field.. So NEZ seats not available. I thought Combs was was facing NEZ. I may be wrong as I did not attend. If I am correct, I take this to mean maybe they are not expecting as many as Combs. It is also summertime and not as many students will be around. Hopefully, it will be a great concert.
I'm assuming they'll just use the basic setup they've always used for the summer concerts held at KBS. Plain basic stage parked on the 50 yard line...about 10 yards onto the field off the sideline. They usually angle off field level seating from in front of the stage to the corners near the endzone. I've been to probably 6/7/8 of these summer shows and I've never been to one that had the App side stands filled up. A few have come close...but never full.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed May 17, 2023 6:11 am

I have always liked DR but I think most of his songs are basically the same. Most of the instrumental sounds exactly alike.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed May 17, 2023 8:48 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Yep, Combs stage was facing the NEZ. I am the guy who sat in your seats. Thanks. :D

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed May 17, 2023 10:05 am

TheMoody1 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:48 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Yep, Combs stage was facing the NEZ. I am the guy who sat in your seats. Thanks. :D
Yep. Forgot about that
#99ForPresident!!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed May 17, 2023 10:39 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 12:19 am
biggie wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:26 pm
What will be the capacity for this concert? Similar to Combs? I hope
Will definitely be less, home side and some on the field. 15K or so maybe?

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed May 17, 2023 10:49 am

We got Combs at or near top of his fame/popularity. We shall see how long he can sustain it. Not a slight to Rucker, however, he has never been as famous as Combs and No. 1 hits...not even with Hootie. Also, Combs has connection to App. St. I have purchased tickets and attending..However, this will be a much smaller crowd in my opinion. Especially with many students gone. Asked my daughter if she wanted to go since she stays in Boone for work during summer. She was like "who is Darius Rucker"..then I went the Hootie route...it Hmmm, I think I heard of them...no clue what they sing....that answered my question.
#99ForPresident!!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed May 17, 2023 3:20 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:49 am
We got Combs at or near top of his fame/popularity. We shall see how long he can sustain it. Not a slight to Rucker, however, he has never been as famous as Combs and No. 1 hits...not even with Hootie. Also, Combs has connection to App. St. I have purchased tickets and attending..However, this will be a much smaller crowd in my opinion. Especially with many students gone. Asked my daughter if she wanted to go since she stays in Boone for work during summer. She was like "who is Darius Rucker"..then I went the Hootie route...it Hmmm, I think I heard of them...no clue what they sing....that answered my question.
Dude...Educate that child. Hootie and the blowfish song "Time" is one of the best written songs ever. Especially as I get older. I hope Darius gets his Hootie on for a few songs.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed May 17, 2023 4:06 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:20 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Dude...Educate that child. Hootie and the blowfish song "Time" is one of the best written songs ever. Especially as I get older. I hope Darius gets his Hootie on for a few songs.
If he does not go Hootie at some point, there will be a disappointed crowd.
#99ForPresident!!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed May 17, 2023 6:21 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:06 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:20 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
If he does not go Hootie at some point, there will be a disappointed crowd.
I’ve seen his show before. He breaks into Hootie stuff about halfway through.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu May 18, 2023 7:38 pm

Admittedly don't know too much of his new stuff, though I enjoy his voice, do look forward to the older stuff.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Thu May 18, 2023 10:36 pm

My wife just mentioned today that we should get tickets and come up to Boone. While I did see Hootie in town as a student, I'm not particularly interested in seeing him now but any excuse to get to Boone is good enough for me. So maybe we will come on up.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri May 19, 2023 5:05 am

You will be supporting App and Appalachian Summer Festival...sounds like a good excuse to me to visit Boone.
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”