Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State a National Brand

IM4ASU
School: Appalachian State

App State a National Brand

Unread post by IM4ASU » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:19 pm

I was in a parking lot in Mayberry (Mt. Airy, NC) today when a man walking toward me yelled Appalayshon State. I was surprised he was able to tell I had an App State cap on. I was wearing an old baseball cap with the interlocking AS. We began talking and I asked him where he was from. He said the Mississippi gulf shore. I told him the correct pronunciation in this part of the world is AppaLATCHon State. He said he stood corrected and would refer to them as such in the future, lol. Besides being overjoyed by what Mayberry had to offer he was as enthusiastic over the Apps. He said he was a huge fan and loved our attitude of anybody, anywhere, anytime. He said we weren't afraid of anybody and he loved it.

As we parted I told him to keep pulling for the Apps at which he said I could count on it. Makes you feel proud when you run across knowledgeable fans.

Captain Morgan

Re: App State a National Brand

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:38 pm

I'm telling you guys, we have one of the coolest national brands. Everyone loves an underdog who isn't afraid of the big boys and even beats them. Our colors, our little mountain town university....it's easy to pull for App.

Keep building the brand. Some one should find a way to market shirts with our TAMU score and sell it to SEC fanbases a couple of weeks before they play the Aggies. Ohio state fans did it on their own after the Michigan game.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: App State a National Brand

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:52 pm

I always make a comment when I see App wear entering the planetarium at the Gboro Sci Center. I have been known to sneer at certain other schools. I see about as much App as anything. Could be Baader–Meinhof phenomenon but I don't think so. I

I did see Ball State last weekend so I got me some MACtion.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”