Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Our Boy Luke Combs

Rick83
School: Appalachian State

Our Boy Luke Combs

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:09 am

Luke Combs Smashes Multiple Records with His 2023 World Tour

Luke Combs has a massive stadium tour on deck for 2023. And he sold out 37 of the 39 shows the day that tickets went on sale. He set new marks for fastest sell outs ever at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Tex. and at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. He also had the fastest sell out ever for a first time performer in any genre at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass.

In addition to those marks, he became the first international artist ever to sell out entire tours in Australia and New Zealand. It’s among the fastest selling shows by a country artist in the United Kingdom.

The tour will hit three continents and 16 countries next year. He’s already adding new shows to some of the markets that sold out quickly. London, Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney have additional dates. Maybe he’ll add some more to the United States.

Here's the full article:
https://outsider.com/entertainment/musi ... orld-tour/

appstatealum

Re: Our Boy Luke Combs

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:47 am

I pray he uses his platform to stay humble and let people know for the culture that exists at 3333 feet.
The Appalachian State

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:29 am

He could quickly become our richest supporter and I would think would have no nepotism going on with the coaching staff because he won't have time for it.

By the way....I am not a big country music fan but he seems legit country instead of BRO Country. Very happy for his success.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:48 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:47 am
I pray he uses his platform to stay humble and let people know for the culture that exists at 3333 feet.
Maybe he can grease up the transfer portal.
BLACK SATURDAY

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:03 pm

Luke performed at the Grammys last night. More interesting is that his old boss from Town Tavern in Boone introduced him.

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere but didn’t see anything

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:29 pm

I believe performing at the Grammys is still an honor (although clips from last night were troubling). I think he's played on every big name stage now, quite a ride for that man. Seems to have somehow stayed humble giving the Town Tavern manager that honor.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:27 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:29 pm
I believe performing at the Grammys is still an honor (although clips from last night were troubling). I think he's played on every big name stage now, quite a ride for that man. Seems to have somehow stayed humble giving the Town Tavern manager that honor.
Proud of Luke! Poor guy had to be a fish out of water last night with all looney tunes.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:17 pm

NIL Luke.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:29 pm

Luke Combs interview on Joe Rogan is really good. Episode 1956
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:19 am

Luke’s new album dropped today, and it is absolutely fantastic. Honestly, it’s insane how talented he is. We have a lot to be proud of, one of the biggest and best musicians/entertainers out right now. Not to mention, Luke is easily one of the most likable guys out there. Including App, I also went to the same high school as Luke, and my guy deserves every bit of success he is experiencing.

GO APPS!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:56 am

Can't wait to see him at BofA Stadium in Charlotte this summer...it's gonna be awesome. One of my regrets is that I didn't pay attention to his music until I saw what happened at Kidd Brewer for his first stadium show and wish I had been there. Been a rock fan all my life (and still am) but Luke is now my favorite artist by far and LOVE his music...my wife and I play his stuff all the time.
Because of Luke, we have also started listening to some other country artists that we really like. Laney Wilson, Kane Brown, Morgan Wallen, to name a few...oh yeah....and Jelly Roll. HIs "Son of a Sinner" and "Need a Favor" could easily be on rock stations.
Really proud of Luke...also love all of the App references he normally puts in his music videos.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:04 am

Rick83 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:56 am
Can't wait to see him at BofA Stadium in Charlotte this summer...it's gonna be awesome. One of my regrets is that I didn't pay attention to his music until I saw what happened at Kidd Brewer for his first stadium show and wish I had been there. Been a rock fan all my life (and still am) but Luke is now my favorite artist by far and LOVE his music...my wife and I play his stuff all the time.
Because of Luke, we have also started listening to some other country artists that we really like. Laney Wilson, Kane Brown, Morgan Wallen, to name a few...oh yeah....and Jelly Roll. HIs "Son of a Sinner" and "Need a Favor" could easily be on rock stations.
Really proud of Luke...also love all of the App references he normally puts in his music videos.
The show at BofA is gonna be incredible. I’ve been to a bunch of shows, and he never disappoints. He always gives it all he’s got. However, he always seems to find another gear when he plays back at “home.” BofA will be one of those shows where he finds that extra gear. Can’t wait.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:13 am

Great article by Billboard on how "our" guy is becoming a global sensation...he's taking his country music to the world and they're loving it. And he's still apparently the same guy he always has been...unbelievable.

HOW LUKE COMBS IS TAKING COUNTRY MUSIC TO NEW GLOBAL FRONTIERS

https://www.billboard.com/music/feature ... ILkrLbh5sE

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:17 am

Rick83 wrote:
Jelly Roll is really good in concert. He is the grandson of Waylon Jennings. Late last year he had two songs out. One on the Billboard Country charts and one on the Billboard Rock charts at the same time.

Looking forward to seeing Laney Wilson live with Luke.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:16 am

Jelly Roll.. the name...bahaha. I am now hungry..🤣
Got through college on PB&J sandwiches.
I will have to go to Spotify just for the name to see what this is all about
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
#99ForPresident!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:18 am

Rick83 wrote:
Same..but Alternative genre for me. I now have a country segment in my Spotify library.
#99ForPresident!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:24 pm

So, my wife and I had a trip planned to Florida this coming week but it was looking like it'd be a total wash out. We were brainstorming ideas on where to go instead and I get an email from Luke that he's adding a 2nd show in Nashville at Nissan Stadium next Friday night. Tickets were about to go on sale in a few minutes and we got two! So, we cancelled Florida and heading to Tennessee to see Luke in concert for the first time! So Stoked!! We did a total pivot in a matter of minutes based on that email...can't wait.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”