Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bowie and Eggers coming down

JPatH3292
School: Appalachian State

Bowie and Eggers coming down

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:49 pm

From jaybirdaerials on Instagram. Not sure how new this is but they’ve started ripping Bowie and Eggers down. So close to being done with the west side construction

appdaze

Re: Bowie and Eggers coming down

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:04 pm

I think it's pretty current. I was up there a month ago, and they still lived. I had to drive around the unknown regions where so many memories are now buried under progress to get one more glimpse of Frank Hall before its likely future death. I don't know what they will replace those two with, but it needs to be another parking deck because even with the new one right next to it that was my first thought was, "where is everyone going to park?" The campus and 321 coming into campus have become the mountain top high rise city.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:08 pm

I was up there Saturday and there looks to be more of Bowie gone since then.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:08 am

Not related to this item, but my wife and I stayed in the Mountaineer Apts. right behind the rec center. They have been gone for awhile. I had not been up Bodenheimer since they were down. Took my daughter up there last visit and the driveway and parking lot is still there. Told her that is where her mom and I lived. Also told her I looked like a crazy man man jumping up and down at mailbox by parking lot entrance with no one else around when my CPA exam results came in the mail. Sometimes good to go down memory lane. You sometimes forget the not so good. The gaps at the bottom of the entrance door to our apartment were sizeable. Ole man winter came through the doors. We put towels and blankets to block the gap. Fun times.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:44 am

I was in Eggers my freshman year in 82/83 and then Bowie my sophomore year 83/84. Eggers was quite depressing back then as our room was on the 2nd floor and faced the hill. Metal frame beds, cinder block walls, open showers, no cable tv. Our room in Bowie faced the football field and there was nothing like waking up on game days to the early morning band practice. Lot of memories there but they need to go.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:06 am

appstate5 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:44 am
I was in Eggers my freshman year in 82/83 and then Bowie my sophomore year 83/84. Eggers was quite depressing back then as our room was on the 2nd floor and faced the hill. Metal frame beds, cinder block walls, open showers, no cable tv. Our room in Bowie faced the football field and there was nothing like waking up on game days to the early morning band practice. Lot of memories there but they need to go.
Your description of Eggers was like you were "doing time..a stretch of 3 to 5 years"😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:35 am

Bowie 305 for me. RIP old friend.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:31 am

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:37 am

701 Eggers

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:38 am

One of my first "college experiences" was in Bowie Hall. Risked my life crossing the stadium parking lot from Justice to Bowie when it was freezing rain too...ah memories.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:52 am

918 Bowie and it was a brand new dorm my Freshman year. My roomie use to shoot flaming arrows toward Conrad from our room and we use to drop condoms full of water from there down on unsuspecting residents that would detonate in the tree.....Then we moved to Eggers 4th floor for next year. We were a mess.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:55 am

I was an Eastie Beastie my sophomore year, then on to Cannon and final "old" Newland Hall with the massive dorm rooms.

Thanks for sharing the memories!

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:30 am

Do people like the new construction? I think I'm in the minority in that I like everything they've done; I never liked Stadium Lot, so I don't miss it; I know that was a big deal for a lot of people who don't like the changes. Dorms def needed upgrading. I like having more in number smaller lots; seems like each lot takes on its own personality and vibe. I currently park in Music and love it. FYI my wife hates what they've done. So I get the other point of view. Just curious for discussion's sake.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:41 am

canes_mj wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:30 am
Do people like the new construction? I think I'm in the minority in that I like everything they've done; I never liked Stadium Lot, so I don't miss it; I know that was a big deal for a lot of people who don't like the changes. Dorms def needed upgrading. I like having more in number smaller lots; seems like each lot takes on its own personality and vibe. I currently park in Music and love it. FYI my wife hates what they've done. So I get the other point of view. Just curious for discussion's sake.
I like that the residential space has swapped spots with parking. It always seems disjointed with the massive sloping parking lot in the middle. I was up last weekend and I do like the new Justice parking lot.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:54 am

I think its pretty fabulous.

AppChiro2015

Unread post by AppChiro2015 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:41 am

Are there any updates photos of the new Justice parking lot area where Coltrane used to be? Looking forward to seeing all the changes that’ve happened this past year when we come up for the UNC game

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:42 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:41 am
canes_mj wrote:
I like that the residential space has swapped spots with parking. It always seems disjointed with the massive sloping parking lot in the middle. I was up last weekend and I do like the new Justice parking lot.
You're right it's remarkable that side of campus was so ugly and now it's fantastic.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:43 am

AppChiro2015 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:41 am
Are there any updates photos of the new Justice parking lot area where Coltrane used to be? Looking forward to seeing all the changes that’ve happened this past year when we come up for the UNC game
Here are some aerial shots of the new building and parking lot

https://www.appstate.edu/appalachians-f ... nce-halls/

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:43 am

canes_mj wrote:
The only time Stadium Lot was good was during tailgating. Other than that it was a huge waste of space so I love what they've done with it. I do wish we could have somehow kept duck pond field but it honestly just turned into Greek Row during football games so I'm not hugely disappointed it's not there anymore. To me, while it's a MASSIVE change, it's a good change and makes us look like a legitimate university.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:43 am

canes_mj wrote:
I think you're in the majority West campus is now gorgeous

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”