Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

TPoEE: Queens Reign Supreme and Perfect

T-Dog

TPoEE: Queens Reign Supreme and Perfect

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue May 07, 2013 2:29 pm

This week a look at how the softball program rose from playing at Watauga Optomist to winning the SoCon and having the best home record in Division I. Then a preview of the Softball Tourney in Geeland, a look at the Groundhog Week of App baseball, the biggest difference between Jones and Pollard, what the McNeese cancellation means, SoCon realignment updates and more.

http://www.yosefscabin.com/the-perils-o ... d-perfect/

appbio91
School: Appalachian State

Re: TPoEE: Queens Reign Supreme and Perfect

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:35 am

This is a great write about out softball team. I have follwed them for years and I could not agree more that the lack of facilities stunted our growth. Converting the old baseball field was a great idea but the 2012 facilities upgrade was much needed. Our field looked a little bit ridiculous with the dugouts in left and right field. We have a nice home now a great coaching staff and lots of young talent. I think it was huge that we went down to Upstate and beat them this year. Outside of the powers (SEC, ACC) Upstate is considered the premier program in this area. They have gone from DII to a top 25 (for a short time this year) in only 5 or 6 years. We have much better name recognition and there is no reason why our program should not be able to achieve similar results. We have a bright future IMO.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon May 13, 2013 10:56 am

FWIW, the Sun Belt put 3 teams in the NCAA tournament. No doubt we have come a long way but the competition will be getting tougher.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:10 pm

hapapp wrote:FWIW, the Sun Belt put 3 teams in the NCAA tournament. No doubt we have come a long way but the competition will be getting tougher.
I saw that as well. Upstate has Western Kentucky in their first regional. That will give us an idea of the level of play. I posted in another thread that we need to build on this years success because moving to the Sunbelt is a move up for softball as well.

Different topic but related. I went to a few softball games this year and it was hard to find a seat at a couple games. That was great to see. Many of the spectators were athletes from other sports coming out to support. I know this was an organized effort but not sure if this was the first year. I certainly noticed it at softball and womens volleyball. I hope this continues in the future.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”