Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Awesome Armanti Story

AppBSW2013
School: Appalachian State

Awesome Armanti Story

Unread post by AppBSW2013 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:31 am

My dad works with a lady whose grandchildren were born premature and have since had many medical issues and made many trips to hospitals around the state, they are now five years old. Their mother is the daughter of the lady that works with my dad and this is the story my dad shared with me:
The children's mother went to high school with an unnamed receiver who played at App when Armanti was quarterback and has kept in touch with the receiver over the years. The receiver knew that the twins had doctor's appointments in Charlotte and the family would be staying at the Ronald McDonald House and got in touch with Armanti. Armanti showed up to visit the family and sat around playing with the kids for a time. After a while Armanti said he was going to step away for a minute and came back with a pair of gloves to give to the twins.
This is just an awesome story that is a testament to the man that Armanti Edwards is. He's as great off the field as he is on the field.

appbio91

Re: Awesome Armanti Story

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Good to hear he is giving back to the community. I would expect no less.

Maddog1956

Re: Awesome Armanti Story

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 am

AppBSW2013 wrote:My dad works with a lady whose grandchildren were born premature and have since had many medical issues and made many trips to hospitals around the state, they are now five years old. Their mother is the daughter of the lady that works with my dad and this is the story my dad shared with me:
The children's mother went to high school with an unnamed receiver who played at App when Armanti was quarterback and has kept in touch with the receiver over the years. The receiver knew that the twins had doctor's appointments in Charlotte and the family would be staying at the Ronald McDonald House and got in touch with Armanti. Armanti showed up to visit the family and sat around playing with the kids for a time. After a while Armanti said he was going to step away for a minute and came back with a pair of gloves to give to the twins.
This is just an awesome story that is a testament to the man that Armanti Edwards is. He's as great off the field as he is on the field.
He always hit me that he was very sincere and humble, not a big head by any means.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”