Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Off topic (but also on topic): Eric Church cancels concert to watch Duke/UNC basketball game

School: Appalachian State

Off topic (but also on topic): Eric Church cancels concert to watch Duke/UNC basketball game

Unread post by 8993 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:43 am

While he may be an App State alum, Eric Church continues to show the masses that he is a Tarheel first and foremost. Whether you are somebody who is okay with Mountaineer fans having a secondary team or if App State IS your secondary team, you have to admit that this is a trashy move. Cancelling a concert that people purchased tickets to see, with many likely making travel arrangements well in advance for, so you can watch a basketball game? Oof.

TMZ: Eric Church cancels big concert so he can watch UNC vs. Duke... fans pissed!

T-Dog

Re: Off topic (but also on topic): Eric Church cancels concert to watch Duke/UNC basketball game

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:54 am

Here's how this thread will go.

I'll say that I always never liked him. Because that's true.

Others will come in and say this is a trashy move, a discrase to App, bring up September 2019, and should return his App degree, etc.

94 and other insiders will talk about how he still has his App suite and goes a lot for his alma mater that no one knows about or wants to acknowledge.

Then it's a back and forth for like 4 pages between WV, 94, spacemonkey or some of the other usual suspects about that.

NewApp will then ask a random question that could be answered with a Google search and someone will eventually take the bait.

Out of the blue, another poster will then bring up "real country music" from back in the day and maybe post a YouTube video of such. Others will follow talking about other past country music acts. Maybe Ken Burns's documentary will be brought up at some point.

AppSt94

Re: Off topic (but also on topic): Eric Church cancels concert to watch Duke/UNC basketball game

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:19 am

It was a douchebag move. The Foo Fighters cancelled their tour due the death of their drummer. Church canceled a show to attend a basketball game. One is not like the other.

There you go Thomas. I didn’t want to disappoint.
Last edited by AppSt94 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:20 am

T-Dog wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:54 am

Others will come in and say this is a trashy move, a discrase to App, bring up September 2019, and should return his App degree, etc.

94 and other insiders will talk about how he still has his App suite and goes a lot for his alma mater that no one knows about or wants to acknowledge.

Then it's a back and forth for like 4 pages between WV, 94, spacemonkey or some of the other usual suspects about that.

NewApp will then ask a random question that could be answered with a Google search and someone will eventually take the bait.

Out of the blue, another poster will then bring up "real country music" from back in the day and maybe post a YouTube video of such. Others will follow talking about other past country music acts. Maybe Ken Burns's documentary will be brought up at some point.
This is the content we need

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:23 am

T-Dog wrote:

This is gold. I was a firm believer of "Cliff Notes" in my younger years prior to getting serious about school...I am done with this thread as I have read the Cliff Notes😁
In your 2nd edition Cliff Notes, you need to reference Luke Combs as the comparison seems to be made when there 15 pages on Eric Church...
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:24 am

Right cause no one on this board would do the same if we were playing for a NCAA football championship. And I don't care for Eric Church either way.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:25 am

"It is what it is." Moving on. LUUUUUUUKKKE!

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:42 am

T-Dog wrote:

This is so spot on it's amazing. Probably one of the best posts I've ever seen on here. You forgot to mention a country artist coming to Legends or Varsity Gym in the 70's.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:13 pm

can we put this in other schools athletics where threads about unc walmart fans belong.

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:24 pm

Church probably got word of how many ticket holders for his concert planned to skip it to stay home and watch the game so he decided to join them. Maybe his folks will learn they shouldn’t schedule a concert on Final Four weekend.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:35 pm

I’ve defended him previously but not today. That is a selfish move and turning your back on the fans that support you and many of which spend a troubling amount of their discretionary income to see a show like this (airfare, hotels, etc).

This is exactly the move a fan of not his alma mater would make in life.

Disappointed he isn’t honoring a commitment, and the irony of the “gather again” tour. It’s really just the if it’s convenient tour.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:58 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:35 pm
I’ve defended him previously but not today. That is a selfish move and turning your back on the fans that support you and many of which spend a troubling amount of their discretionary income to see a show like this (airfare, hotels, etc).

This is exactly the move a fan of not his alma mater would make in life.

Disappointed he isn’t honoring a commitment, and the irony of the “gather again” tour. It’s really just the if it’s convenient tour.
Yep, he’s a bum. Total d*ck move to his fans.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:07 pm

T-Dog wrote:

It’s also important to remember that he’s a bum!!
YNWA

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:31 pm

I’m sorry but that was funny as crap. Please don’t slap my man in public. He is joking.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:52 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:31 pm
I’m sorry but that was funny as crap. Please don’t slap my man in public. He is joking.
But, what if Luke Combs slaps Eric Church?

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:52 pm

postalapp90 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:24 am
Right cause no one on this board would do the same if we were playing for a NCAA football championship. And I don't care for Eric Church either way.
When I took off a couple of days to go to the Coastal Carolina game, nobody had to eat the cost of a flight or hotel room.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:53 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:52 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:31 pm
But, what if Luke Combs slaps Eric Church?
I would play good money to see that.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:15 pm

From Reddit:
Canceled: Eric Church: The Gather Again Tour AT&T Center Saturday, April 2nd at 8PM

To the Church Choir,

This Saturday, my family and I are going to stand together to cheer on the Tar Heels as the team has made it to the Final Four.

As a lifelong Carolina basketball fan, I've watched Carolina and Duke battle over the years but to have them matchup in the Final Four for the first time in the history of the NCAA Tournament is any sports enthusiast's dream.

This is also the most selfish thing I've ever asked the Choir to do: to give up your Saturday night plans with us so that I can have this moment with my family and sports community. However, it's that same type of passion felt by the people who fill the seats at our concerts that makes us want to be part of a crowd at a game of this significance.

Woody Durham always said, "Go where you go and do what you do," thanks for letting me go here and be with the Tar Heels."

https://www.reddit.com/r/ericchurch/com ... e_details/
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:32 pm

AppYosef! wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:24 pm
Church probably got word of how many ticket holders for his concert planned to skip it to stay home and watch the game so he decided to join them. Maybe his folks will learn they shouldn’t schedule a concert on Final Four weekend.

I remember the Smithereens played Legends during a Final Four game between UNLV and Duke (either 90 or 91), needless to say there were not nearly as many people in attendance as there should have been. At the time they were a fairly popular college band and the members were shocked that so few showed. It was a good show for those that attended.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:43 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:32 pm
AppYosef! wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:24 pm

I remember the Smithereens played Legends during a Final Four game between UNLV and Duke (either 90 or 91), needless to say there were not nearly as many people in attendance as there should have been. At the time they were a fairly popular college band and the members were shocked that so few showed. It was a good show for those that attended.
I saw Carbonleaf at Legends the night of game 7 of the Red Sox/Yankees ALCS where the Red Sox came back from 3 games down.

There was a small tv with the game on and half the crowd were huddled around it, prompting the lead singer to complain on stage about people being more interested in a sport than their show.
YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”