Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Off topic (but also on topic): Eric Church cancels concert to watch Duke/UNC basketball game

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Off topic (but also on topic): Eric Church cancels concert to watch Duke/UNC basketball game

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:26 am

Yep, ambulance chaser attorney will have a field day with this one potentially
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

booneboy92

Re: Off topic (but also on topic): Eric Church cancels concert to watch Duke/UNC basketball game

Unread post by booneboy92 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:30 am

As old as this gets, I go back to the 100,000+ living alumni that don’t give a dime to App (athletics or otherwise). They don’t come to games, they pull for other teams (if any at all), they haven’t set foot in the High Country since their graduation 30+ years ago, and could care less about anything App. I know we see/post a little scorn and shame toward these folks, but nowhere near the attention that EC (who BTW doesn’t fall into this overwhelming majority) gets.

Here’s how I have EC pictured (in my own mind): Was rejected by UNC out of HS… Came to App as a 2nd (maybe 10th) choice… was a stoner musician while here… didn’t have many friends, only focus was pursuing music… bided his time while achieving his musical success AND a degree… hauled ass and went to the moon with his music.

From everything I’ve heard, he is a major donor (no matter his fan status). What about the other 100,000+? I’m not an EC fan. I do like his music, but don’t own any of it. I’ve never been to one of his shows. But I do acknowledge and admire his success as a singer/writer. I could care less who he pulls for, just as I could care less about that of the other 100,000+. The difference is, he is apparently doing his part from a funding standpoint. Just because we have an alum who happens to be a superstar, doesn’t mean he owes us a thing (monetarily or otherwise).

I’ll never understand the rectal pain he is able to inflict nor the space he takes up on this board… all while I’m wasting my own time contributing to it.

All this being said, it is ridiculous that he would cancel a concert to attend the Final Four. The same would be true for even if App were playing in it.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:35 am

Who is Eric Church?

Oh, I know - I should Google him.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:56 am

I will give EC some credit. He has the stones to mess with Texas. I've heard-tell one should not do that.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:56 pm

Mark Packer was talking about this yesterday on his ESPNU (Sirius/XM) show. Some dude (very handsome and powerful sounding btw) from Annapolis called and let the listeners know that EC is in fact an App State alum and he should open up his check book for the Yosef Club. Dustin Kearns was a guest a bit later on the show and he acknowledged EC is a Tarheel fan but also hinted that Church is an App State donor and stated "Eric Church has been great to App State and we're glad to be partners with him... "

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:07 pm

booneboy92 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:30 am
As old as this gets, I go back to the 100,000+ living alumni that don’t give a dime to App (athletics or otherwise). They don’t come to games, they pull for other teams (if any at all), they haven’t set foot in the High Country since their graduation 30+ years ago, and could care less about anything App. I know we see/post a little scorn and shame toward these folks, but nowhere near the attention that EC (who BTW doesn’t fall into this overwhelming majority) gets.

Here’s how I have EC pictured (in my own mind): Was rejected by UNC out of HS… Came to App as a 2nd (maybe 10th) choice… was a stoner musician while here… didn’t have many friends, only focus was pursuing music… bided his time while achieving his musical success AND a degree… hauled ass and went to the moon with his music.

From everything I’ve heard, he is a major donor (no matter his fan status). What about the other 100,000+? I’m not an EC fan. I do like his music, but don’t own any of it. I’ve never been to one of his shows. But I do acknowledge and admire his success as a singer/writer. I could care less who he pulls for, just as I could care less about that of the other 100,000+. The difference is, he is apparently doing his part from a funding standpoint. Just because we have an alum who happens to be a superstar, doesn’t mean he owes us a thing (monetarily or otherwise).

I’ll never understand the rectal pain he is able to inflict nor the space he takes up on this board… all while I’m wasting my own time contributing to it.

All this being said, it is ridiculous that he would cancel a concert to attend the Final Four. The same would be true for even if App were playing in it.
Only thing I'd comment to this (although I whole-heartedly agree) is that the boy should have the self-awareness to recognize the shade he casts on his alma mater by being such a suck up to the holes. And based on this whole cancellation thing, I can probably answer my own question. He doesn't. And I don't really care.

swva appfan

Unread post by swva appfan » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:53 pm

If only there was technology to put the game up on a big screen and he could stop the concert and watch the only part of the game that matters... the last two minutes with thousands of his fans possibly helping cheer on his team. He could have saved face and all this trouble. If only...

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:02 pm

All the uncheat, tar hole, vitriole aside: why hasn't the promoter of this concert taken legal action for breach of contract? He may have but I've not seen anything mentioned.

BTW per W. W. and the Dixie Dance Kings this is how I feel about uncheat:
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:42 pm

Tony Kornheiser on ESPN went off on EC today too. Said he had no faith in his own team to make it to the final 4 and should have asked of his country singer buddies to fill in for him while scheduling 3 makeup dates in San Antonio so that all the people who bought tickets would be able to catch at least one of them.

The saddest part of all of this is I’m positive he’s received hundreds of texts and DMs wishing his team good luck and saying how glad they are he gets to experience this with his family. 🤮
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:45 pm

Hey - it's all part of the "carolina way" - after the way they treated Coach K I hope they lose EVERY game in every sport forever
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:12 am

It does present a conundrum. Who to cheer against? Coach K's douchebag farewell tour or EC and the "carolina way". Who do I hate the least?

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:17 am

I'm pulling for Villanova. I've really enjoyed watching Wrights teams over the years.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:48 am

Thoughts?
Attachments
55CCD4E0-97A7-4D89-B349-AE8F74BA0830.jpeg
55CCD4E0-97A7-4D89-B349-AE8F74BA0830.jpeg (29.55 KiB) Viewed 2046 times

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:10 am

No problem from me. I know Luke's first pick in App. My second team is Georgia also, so I own a few shirts / caps. They don't get worn much but when I go to a Georgia game and there is no App game that day, I'll put it on. I'm not one of those absolutists who think we shouldn't have a team other than App though (obviously).

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:24 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:10 am
No problem from me. I know Luke's first pick in App. My second team is Georgia also, so I own a few shirts / caps. They don't get worn much but when I go to a Georgia game and there is no App game that day, I'll put it on. I'm not one of those absolutists who think we shouldn't have a team other than App though (obviously).
I completely agree.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:17 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:24 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:10 am
I completely agree.
Same here. I am a Duke fan. Went to the APP / Duke game. I guarantee we were cheering ( LOUD ) for APP.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:00 pm

The continued vitriol toward EC because he Has always been a UNC fan is beneath us. We need to get over it and move on.

Now EC the musician is another matter, especially if you planned to go to the concert. That is a pure Dick move.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:25 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:00 pm
The continued vitriol toward EC because he Has always been a UNC fan is beneath us. We need to get over it and move on.

Now EC the musician is another matter, especially if you planned to go to the concert. That is a pure Dick move.
It was also a Dick move when we played unc. He is a Dick

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:09 pm

Who is the bigger Richard, EC or all those that don’t give a dime back to APP?

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:11 pm

mike87 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:12 am
It does present a conundrum. Who to cheer against? Coach K's douchebag farewell tour or EC and the "carolina way". Who do I hate the least?
For me it's a no-brainer: uncheat to lose, at anything from basketball to football to jacks to mumblepeg. I'll take Duke mainly because I have a high school friend who went there and he's been to a number of App football games. He also proudly wore our black and gold and cheered loudly for the Apps.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”