Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Change something…

WASU 93
School: Appalachian State

Re: Change something…

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:54 pm

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:50 pm
Beside the “A” on Goat Hill, I want to see an actual cabin…Yosef’s Cabin. With a front porch area and viewing deck where fans can have their pics taken and donate money for the photo op. The house will have a chimney and maybe even a still…a coon hound and a real live Yosef. And…here’s the kicker— The viewing area will have 4-8 seats and before every game, there’s a raffle…10-20 bucks and the winner gets to sit and watch the game from the front porch with their buddies…it’s a great line of sight for the field. I guarantee you people will donate to that raffle and it will be a money maker that could fund a scholarship in 6 home games. Ark state has the waterfall, Georgia has Ugga…Notre dame -touchdown jesus and other schools have gimmicks for the fans to enjoy…I know…some will say we don’t need gimmicks because we’re app state but as Andre Agassi once opined…”image is everything”…I want people to see that cabin on tv and think…oh APP STATE’S getting ready to whip some ass
I am 100% on board with this. Have Yosef step out on the front porch (spot light him for night games) and fire the gun (use special effects if you must) to start the team running out. (Maybe have the chimney puffing smoke leading up to it and the still doing some crazy stuff). Run a sluice down to field level and he can slide down it just like Bernie the Brewer.

My change would be to get creative marketing the Yosef Club and/or get some off the Mountain large corporate sponsors involved with program. We have a great brand to sell, tap into Joe Gibbs Nascar marketing minds and make it really special.
Last edited by WASU 93 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:54 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:28 pm
I wish the Nike official apparel worn on the sides was available to the public.

I live in TX and the chances of me getting one of those black Nike script "Mountaineers" hats is lower than zero. I don't care how much they cost, I want one.
They weren’t made available to the store for sale. They were athletic department issue only.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:29 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:54 pm
PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:50 pm
Beside the “A” on Goat Hill, I want to see an actual cabin…Yosef’s Cabin. With a front porch area and viewing deck where fans can have their pics taken and donate money for the photo op. The house will have a chimney and maybe even a still…a coon hound and a real live Yosef. And…here’s the kicker— The viewing area will have 4-8 seats and before every game, there’s a raffle…10-20 bucks and the winner gets to sit and watch the game from the front porch with their buddies…it’s a great line of sight for the field. I guarantee you people will donate to that raffle and it will be a money maker that could fund a scholarship in 6 home games. Ark state has the waterfall, Georgia has Ugga…Notre dame -touchdown jesus and other schools have gimmicks for the fans to enjoy…I know…some will say we don’t need gimmicks because we’re app state but as Andre Agassi once opined…”image is everything”…I want people to see that cabin on tv and think…oh APP STATE’S getting ready to whip some ass
I am 100% on board with this. Have Yosef step out on the front porch (spot light him for night games) and fire the gun (use special effects if you must) to start the team running out. (Maybe have the chimney puffing smoke leading up to it and the still doing some crazy stuff). Run a sluice down to field level and he can slide down it just like Bernie the Brewer.

My change would be to get creative marketing the Yosef Club and/or get some off the Mountain large corporate sponsors involved with program. We have a great brand to sell, tap into Joe Gibbs Nascar marketing minds and make it really special.
I like this Idea....Like Yosef is welcoming everyone to his home to have some football fun. Whistle blowing, smoke coming out...Yosef wonders out...gets the crowd started with an APP...STATE....APP....STATE and then he fires a gun to get the team to enter the field.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:32 am

We already have an App Athletics staff rich in communications and promotions position titles (and presumably
skills commensurate with those titles). What are they communicating and promoting now? Perhaps some performance/program evaluation and tweaking are in order.

Given a magic wand or an App State Athletics "friendly" family with deep, deep pockets, I'd (A) completely finish the 105 Project; (B) retire the athletic program's stadium construction debt; and (C) re-engineer/enhance KBS lighting--in that order. I'd allow zero new KBS expenditures other than first-class maintenance until "The 105" could proudly host a full year's schedule of athletic events.

Retiring the stadium debt would free up thousands and thousands of debt-service dollars annually that could be (with the Chancellor's, the Foundation's & the BOTs' approval) re-invested into new programs, services and/or facilities.
Last edited by asu66 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:58 am

I know it’s basically in the works and probably not exactly pertinent to this discussion but I’d like to see a completely revamped Sunbelt Conference with App in the East to include Charlotte, ECU, CCU, Stink along with ODU, Marshall and JMU. Watched most of the game last night. My freshman son was there and said it was a good crowd with a great atmosphere. Loved that Kerns got on the mic at the end. It’s just a completely different vibe at any game when we play someone more local versus a Texas State or Monroe. Obviously we won’t see that Belt lineup but that’s a huge change I would make.
Every home football game would be rocking and our athletic budget would not suffer. Other financial stuff listed above would be made easier.

zim262

Unread post by zim262 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:50 am

At the home football game have the band turn 90 degrees or so to the right, so the that the west side can hear them more clearly.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:10 am

zim262 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:50 am
At the home football game have the band turn 90 degrees or so to the right, so the that the west side can hear them more clearly.
Could you mic the band? Would that be allowed?

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:48 am

Good topic!! Love these...they're fun

- I wish we would have renovated Varsity and the basketball team still played there. (people beat me to this). Wish the basketball team was consistently good (there's momentum with this; seems more interest in bball from fans; love to see it)

- Want us to never ever wear all gold football uni's again. Really want us to renew our contract with Nike; it's expiring; unless we've reupped it? Can't have Adidas uni's..no...under no circumstances adidas...those are consistently hideous on a variety of teams (see NC State for example)

- Wish we had the old PA announcer is KBS...don't know his name; nothing wrong with the current guy, I just grew up with the other one and loved his voice.

- Wish we would have retired #14 after Armanti. We still should retire it, now for both him and Marcus.

- Want field level suites in the NEZ instead of the patio; a lot of $$ potential in those.

- My wife doesn't like the new dorms where stadium lot used to be. Her issue is that you can't see the mountains when walking; which makes it feel less like Appalachian. (While I'm on the subject, I wish she's go to more games lol).

- A former wish... now that they've regraded the hill and moved it closer, I love it; adds to our stadium; I don't like sitting on it, but I think it's now become an asset to the stadium instead of detracting. So a shout out...great job by the powers that be.

- Want us to use the 80's Yosef head in the swoosh with wings logo (Sparky Woods era helmets) once per year on a throwback, and would love to see that logo used on merchandise as a secondary throwback logo. I think of it on one of those faded style '47 brand shirts...know the ones I mean.

Back to work...if I think of any more I'll post them

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:11 am

I wish the East-West Mountaineer Express would leave a bit later on game nights or we move the games up an hour. I have only used the bus a time or two but it is a great way to get to Boone without such a large carbon footprint, which is important to me. The pre-Covid schedule had me leaving the Charlotte game in Boone just before the end of the game, and I missed some of the scoring due to that.

I would consider the bus as an option much more if the timing or either or both was adjusted a bit.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am

I'd love to have the track back around the football field. The salmon color really made the field pop on game days especially when we had the letterhead style endzones.

DON'T LET MY FRIDAY SARCASM KILL THIS THREAD.

On a serious and somewhat relatable note, I wish there was a way to bring the crowd a little bit close.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:46 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am
I'd love to have the track back around the football field. The salmon color really made the field pop on game days especially when we had the letterhead style endzones.

On a serious and somewhat relatable note, I wish there was a way to bring the crowd a little bit close.
Well played.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:57 am

AppinVA wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:07 pm
1ASU78 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:20 pm
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:21 pm
Coke products
YES!!!
No!!!!
Now If you choose miracle whip we may have to part ways.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:12 am

More mic'd up crowd noise on our television broadcasts.

The main difference between us and the "big boys" TV broadcasts is the crowd noise seems to be mute. Anyone who is there knows that's not the case, but it always seems anemic on TV.

Also a more modern seating/parking selection tool for YC/Season Tix.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:57 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:12 am
More mic'd up crowd noise on our television broadcasts.

The main difference between us and the "big boys" TV broadcasts is the crowd noise seems to be mute. Anyone who is there knows that's not the case, but it always seems anemic on TV.

Also a more modern seating/parking selection tool for YC/Season Tix.
Agree on the mic issues.

The new Pacolion (sp?) platform should assist with ticketing. I believe the plan is to go with digital tickets next season. I’m not sure about parking. Could you elaborate on what you meant? Could be helpful.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:05 pm

Would be good if home basketball games began at 7:30. I bet attendance would increase. 6:30 is just too early. Difficult for many to get there from out of town.
Wish we could lure in some better non conference opponents.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:17 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:57 am
Agree on the mic issues.

The new Pacolion (sp?) platform should assist with ticketing. I believe the plan is to go with digital tickets next season. I’m not sure about parking. Could you elaborate on what you meant? Could be helpful.
It was an idea I've seen on here before that I wish I could give credit to the originator but can't remember who it was, but essentially have a system where it lets you choose your parking spot on a first come/first serve basis based on your priority points and donor level. Give a month period for current Yosef Club members to go in and choose a new spot or keep their current. If you don't choose anything and just renew at the current level, you keep your spot. Then after those 2 weeks, it opens up for new YC and season ticket holders to go in and choose. Essentially a seating chart like Ticketmaster uses for tickets except for parking spots. Season tickets could be the same concept. I'd imagine it'd be rather difficult to code that considering you have both priority points and donor level to consider, but I don't think it's impossible and it sure would save a lot of headaches.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:20 pm

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am

This guy gets it lol

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:25 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:

I live in TX and the chances of me getting one of those black Nike script "Mountaineers" hats is lower than zero. I don't care how much they cost, I want one.
They weren’t made available to the store for sale. They were athletic department issue only.
That's a shame. As ridiculous as it sounds I'd pay $100 for a hat like.

Offering the apparel we see worn on the sidelines can be a great money making opportunity and an easy way to help fans connect with the program.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:38 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:25 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:

That's a shame. As ridiculous as it sounds I'd pay $100 for a hat like.

Offering the apparel we see worn on the sidelines can be a great money making opportunity and an easy way to help fans connect with the program.
Agreed. Maybe I am wrong...but the golf bags would be good idea to sell. I ended up getting an App. St golf bag from alumni hall store on King. Have received several inquiries about App. St in general in DC area since I have sported the bag at the course.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

PoplarHillApp

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:51 pm

I'd like to see stronger cellular/WIFI device signal in KBS and Holmes. During the games all of the available bandwidth is eaten up. I've tried to send photos/videos to friends not able to make the games and cannot get signal to even send a text. With Skyline/Skybest as a sponsor of App State Athletics, this would be a nice fix.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”