Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Appstate Endzone Camera

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:10 am

Didn’t realize so many people were so easily manipulated into finding problems where there aren’t any.

You don’t think NCAA guidelines were followed?
You don’t think a coaching staff who’s out on the field practicing every day haven’t noticed the construction?
You don’t think they’d walk up to it and say “hmm…seems a bit close to me?”
You don’t think athletes who have seen a hundred different stadiums in their lives can adjust to changing end zone seating depths?

We’ve just got armchair experts who’ve looked at a couple pictures on Twitter and a grainy webcam that’s easily two hundred lateral feet away and 50 vertical feet above the playing field and decided “I’m an expert on field dimensions and this is going to be a problem”. Got it.
Last edited by APPdiesel on Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:27 am

only problem with those bleachers will be the carolina fans sitting in them.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:36 am

mike87 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:27 am
only problem with those bleachers will be the carolina fans sitting in them.
Maybe the Carolina fans can be human padding to keep the players safe?
But... then again I hope it’s only App State players catching touchdowns that might need the pads

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:03 pm

Count me in as a fan of the look and one who thinks we should make that a permanent addition to the North End Zone. I know the ticket holders have access to the field level, so perhaps we wait a few years until they all have to reup and then remove that benefit. The extra seats are sorely needed and I think it actually looks better and can only imagine that permanent seats would be even more aesthetically pleasing.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:11 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:03 pm
Count me in as a fan of the look and one who thinks we should make that a permanent addition to the North End Zone. I know the ticket holders have access to the field level, so perhaps we wait a few years until they all have to reup and then remove that benefit. The extra seats are sorely needed and I think it actually looks better and can only imagine that permanent seats would be even more aesthetically pleasing.
I am NEZ holder and fine with adding perm seats .... would like to see a big gap in middle so team enters from the middle.
I am sure that some or many like the field level option.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:17 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:11 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:03 pm
I am NEZ holder and fine with adding perm seats .... would like to see a big gap in middle so team enters from the middle.
I am sure that some or many like the field level option.
I have NEZ as well. I don’t typically utilize the field level except in pregame and occasionally to stretch the legs at the half. I don’t think real expansion talks will happen for a few more years. There is as much work, if not more, that needs to be done outside the gates of KBS before the town and the university can entertain weekly crowds in the 35-40k range.

A2534

Unread post by A2534 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:23 pm

Pretty amazing how fast those things went up! Be interesting to see how everything looks in person and how the team will get on to the field.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:30 pm

A2534 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:23 pm
Pretty amazing how fast those things went up! Be interesting to see how everything looks in person and how the team will get on to the field.
They look pretty good up close. The west side was up Saturday at fan fest.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:17 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:00 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:56 am
huskie3 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:54 am
Run plays shouldn’t be a problem, you have 10 yards of end zone + distance to fence to stop. Most pass plays shouldn’t either as majority are out routes or spot at goal line.

People seeing issues where there aren’t any.
The current seats are no closer than they were when we had them up for those two years. There weren’t any issues then. They are just manufacturing excuses.
They are a good 5-7 yards closer.. which is two steps. That's a lot.

I agree they're manufacturing excuses, but it is a legit concern. Again, a concern some of our own players (and coaches) also have. Both teams have to play into that end zone (barring a mess up from a team at the coin toss) so it isn't any kind of unfair advantage.
the current seats are closer than what we had from 2016 and before as there were a few feet of red track surface visible those year. In 2017 when Wake came in we added more seats and had to move them right to the edge of the turf. In those days we had a single black boarder while we now have a black and a gold boarder.

2016 vs Miami

2017 vs Wake
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:50 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:17 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
huskie3 wrote:
Run plays shouldn’t be a problem, you have 10 yards of end zone + distance to fence to stop. Most pass plays shouldn’t either as majority are out routes or spot at goal line.

The current seats are no closer than they were when we had them up for those two years. There weren’t any issues then. They are just manufacturing excuses.

I agree they're manufacturing excuses, but it is a legit concern. Again, a concern some of our own players (and coaches) also have. Both teams have to play into that end zone (barring a mess up from a team at the coin toss) so it isn't any kind of unfair advantage.
the current seats are closer than what we had from 2016 and before as there were a few feet of red track surface visible those year. In 2017 when Wake came in we added more seats and had to move them right to the edge of the turf. In those days we had a single black boarder while we now have a black and a gold boarder.

2016 vs Miami

2017 vs Wake
boarder =border just couldn't resist as much sh#t as I take for my mistakes, lol Good post and analysis, JT.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:51 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:50 pm
JTApps1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
huskie3 wrote:

2016 vs Miami

2017 vs Wake
boarder =border just couldn't resist as much sh#t as I take for my mistakes, lol Good post and analysis, JT.
PS. Look at Miller Hill. It will take a tall concrete and aluminum structure to accommodate that crowd. They are butt to butt.
Video board will have to be jacked up higher or mounted on top of the structure some how. I know, I know,,, dead horse and all that jazz.
Google SUX

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:56 pm

On the NEZ Camera, are those people already camped outside the stadium waiting to get into the UNC game :) ?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:33 pm

Was never a fan of the overhang seats as they were planned and constructed. That empty space really gets to me. Even though it is used it still looks kind of silly in my opinion. I know these are only temporary, but from what I see now on the camera, and of course a better angle would help I think this is a much better look.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:21 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:51 pm
NewApp wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

2016 vs Miami

2017 vs Wake
PS. Look at Miller Hill. It will take a tall concrete and aluminum structure to accommodate that crowd. They are butt to butt.
Video board will have to be jacked up higher or mounted on top of the structure some how. I know, I know,,, dead horse and all that jazz.
Remember...that hill does not look like that anymore. It will hold a lot more people now.

MtnMan14

Unread post by MtnMan14 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:49 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:21 pm
NewApp wrote:
NewApp wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

2016 vs Miami

2017 vs Wake
Remember...that hill does not look like that anymore. It will hold a lot more people now.
I get the argument about seating, but do we not think the current student section is butt to butt? There are certainly ways to maximize seating there other than a grass hill.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:34 pm

The only ways to alleviate that problem are to implement a lottery where not every student can get in or to build more stands for students and allow them to spread out.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:37 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:34 pm
The only ways to alleviate that problem are to implement a lottery where not every student can get in or to build more stands for students and allow them to spread out.
That is what is likely to happen this year and possibly going forward. The SYC is up to 5,000 members and will likely take up all of the seats on the App side. Lottery winners will get hill seats.

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:31 pm

huskie3 wrote:

I'll present you with the first App TD of last season. I do agree that it's not a very likely occurrence but we certainly don't want anyone taken away on a stretcher either.

Check out the Sun Belt Syndicate podcast! Streaming audio everywhere & live video once a week.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:11 am

DomCrosetto wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:31 pm
huskie3 wrote:

I'll present you with the first App TD of last season. I do agree that it's not a very likely occurrence but we certainly don't want anyone taken away on a stretcher either.

But post routes only happen in the red zone and are spot throws! :roll:
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:19 am

MtnMan14 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:49 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:21 pm
NewApp wrote:
NewApp wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:

2016 vs Miami

2017 vs Wake
I get the argument about seating, but do we not think the current student section is butt to butt? There are certainly ways to maximize seating there other than a grass hill.
Current student seating section. They stand on the seats shoulder to shoulder.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”