Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Appstate Endzone Camera

JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:41 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:35 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:17 pm
I would like the SEZ setup to be closer to the field..that is a decent size gap
It’s that way for practice area.
We could always put seating in that could roll back for practice. The entire lower level of the Holes Center has seating like that. Also, the Rock Garden could be moved to the side between the end zone seats and sideline seating. That along with the NEZ Club ticketholder would help close in the gaps in those corners.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:10 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:41 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:35 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:17 pm
I would like the SEZ setup to be closer to the field..that is a decent size gap
It’s that way for practice area.
We could always put seating in that could roll back for practice. The entire lower level of the Holes Center has seating like that. Also, the Rock Garden could be moved to the side between the end zone seats and sideline seating. That along with the NEZ Club ticketholder would help close in the gaps in those corners.
Good point. They would have to dig out Cline Hill to put the roll backs in.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:27 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:10 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:52 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:47 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:33 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:44 am
Throwing out ideas is what message boards are for. Neither I, nor you, nor anyone else here (probably) are on the board or work high enough up in the athletics office to have any real impact on stadium growth. So what I laid out is a vision that addresses some problems and undoubtedly creates a few new ones. My idea saw the elimination of one premium space and the creation of a different one that actually has a better view of the field. You have to be able to play 3D chess when thinking up stadium enhancements. One change always leads to another.

We’re just dudes on a fan site sharing ideas. That’s all.
Ok. They are ideas on a message board. So there can’t be a disagreement or a cogent response as to why that isn’t feasible without people getting their knickers in a twist?

We aren’t decision makers here, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t think like decision makers and look at the idea holistically from all angles.

One of the biggest obstacles that limits the number of people that we can squeeze into the stadium isn’t the current seating or the “underutilized” space is the flippin’ gates in and out of KBS. The Fire Marshall won’t sign off on more people until the gates can be made to open wider. It sounds like an easy fix, but clearly it isn’t or we would have done it by now.

And I’m not providing feedback with you to be argumentative. These are conversations that have been had.
So if a major issue is ingress and egress, (which I fully understand and agree is a problem) why did you categorically shoot down a SE gate on the basis “nobody will walk up that hill”? Our whole campus is a hill. Fans have to walk up and down several of them to get to the stadium from their parking spots. It’s not like it’s whole new concept to people.

Using the field level gate in the NEZ doesn’t really alleviate the bottleneck because it still pushes everyone to the same general area…the NEZ.
You apparently didn’t read my entire comment. I questioned the feasibility of staffing a SE Gate with ticket scanners and security for what would be nothing more than an auxiliary option for those unwilling to wait in line. Given that anyone using said gate to enter or exit would still have to pass the NE gate to get there, as there is no parking above the NE gate, it doesn’t really correct the bottleneck issue. I.E. is the juice worth the squeeze. I myself would probably choose to walk uphill to that gate to avoid the crowd, but it still wouldn’t justify the cost.

And again. I’ve asked that question about the SE gate.
I walk up that hill to the existing SE gate every game. Never a line and easier than walking up the stadium stairs. If no one uses it (SE GATE) it still would apparently help with fire code problems. The fire code does not say they have to be used...just available.

The word "apparently" is an inside joke for my group that I tailgate with. To that group. It is hard to use the word in a sentence without putting someone down.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:11 am

Mods. Is there a way to upgrade YC to allow the posting of photos directly from our phones’ camera rolls?
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:09 pm

Is our team going to run out through that narrow gap in the temporary bleachers - surrounded by Carolina fans?

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:12 pm

Hope not..that would not do much for getting the home crowd going
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:22 pm

I’ve been wondering that too. I’m hoping they come out from the east end of the temp stands.
WE ARE YOSEF!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:15 pm

There’s already a 3 page thread on the heels message board raising safety concerns for how close the bleachers are to the field. Questioning whether NCAA safety guidelines were followed. Losers.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:25 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:15 pm
There’s already a 3 page thread on the heels message board raising safety concerns for how close the bleachers are to the field. Questioning whether NCAA safety guidelines were followed. Losers.
I read that. There was some real beta male energy in that thread. They are the worst

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:51 pm

WHy dOn’T tHEy pUt a FEncE aNd PaDDiNg thErE!?!?!

Broooos…it’s not done yet

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:51 pm

It's a legit concern. More than one App player has the same concern. But, they do fit NCAA regulations and I would expect some kind of padding to be installed.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:23 am

APPdiesel wrote:
My favorite one was the a$$clown that said we should have to forfeit if one of the Heel players got hurt.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:17 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:51 pm
It's a legit concern. More than one App player has the same concern. But, they do fit NCAA regulations and I would expect some kind of padding to be installed.
I said same thing at the stadium on Saturday. NCAA regulations need to be adjusted then because the bleachers are really close to the field. If a player is running full speed in the end zone it is close enough he could hit them before he stops. Hope there is a lot of padding added.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:18 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:23 am
APPdiesel wrote:
My favorite one was the a$$clown that said we should have to forfeit if one of the Heel players got hurt.
I haven’t read that board in a while but that shows their fear. They should feel confident even with 7-8 players out and they want to cry over 1? Injuries happen. They are looking for any excuse to feel better if we beat them.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:54 am

Run plays shouldn’t be a problem, you have 10 yards of end zone + distance to fence to stop. Most pass plays shouldn’t either as majority are out routes or spot at goal line.

People seeing issues where there aren’t any.
Bring Your A Game!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:56 am

huskie3 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:54 am
Run plays shouldn’t be a problem, you have 10 yards of end zone + distance to fence to stop. Most pass plays shouldn’t either as majority are out routes or spot at goal line.

Guess you've never heard of a fade, corner, or post routes...
tAPPedInSports.net

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:56 am

huskie3 wrote:

The current seats are no closer than they were when we had them up for those two years. There weren’t any issues then. They are just manufacturing excuses.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:00 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:56 am
huskie3 wrote:

The current seats are no closer than they were when we had them up for those two years. There weren’t any issues then. They are just manufacturing excuses.
They are a good 5-7 yards closer.. which is two steps. That's a lot.

I agree they're manufacturing excuses, but it is a legit concern. Again, a concern some of our own players (and coaches) also have. Both teams have to play into that end zone (barring a mess up from a team at the coin toss) so it isn't any kind of unfair advantage.
tAPPedInSports.net

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:07 am

AppStateNews wrote:
huskie3 wrote:

Fade and corner are “out” routes (where players are running out of end zone sideline). In red zone post is more of a spot pass. So no they shouldn’t be problem.
Bring Your A Game!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:10 am

huskie3 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:07 am
AppStateNews wrote:
huskie3 wrote:

Fade and corner are “out” routes (where players are running out of end zone sideline). In red zone post is more of a spot pass. So no they shouldn’t be problem.
Didn't realize players only run fast and can't stop while in the red zone. My bad.
tAPPedInSports.net

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”