Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Greensboro Chapter?

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: Greensboro Chapter?

Unread post by biggie » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:54 pm

With the news everyday most of us in the triad are scared to go anywhere near HP these days.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:23 pm

ASU2012 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:50 pm
AppState89 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:49 pm
ASU2012 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:40 pm
MountaineerChemist10 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:04 am
Unfortunately, I couldn't attend any of the viewing parties. However I was very impressed with how many were offered throughout the country. Especially here in NC; one in very city in the piedmont, RTP area, coastal area etc. Keep it up ASU Alumni!

I'm especially relieved to see the Greensboro Chapter being back (after missing almost all this season) & now a High Point & Burlington chapter getting started. Technically I live in Greensboro, but right on the border to High Point & is originally from Burlington.
Facebook link to the High Point chapter?
I don't think there is a High Point chapter. I've lived in HP over 45 years and don't know of one. And I'm probably the most die hard App fan in High Point.
Challenge accepted ;)

Lets have a Tokyo Express watch party for a basketball game :lol:
Tokyo Express sounds good.

MountaineerChemist10

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:43 am

AppState89 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:49 pm
ASU2012 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:40 pm
MountaineerChemist10 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:04 am
Unfortunately, I couldn't attend any of the viewing parties. However I was very impressed with how many were offered throughout the country. Especially here in NC; one in very city in the piedmont, RTP area, coastal area etc. Keep it up ASU Alumni!

I'm especially relieved to see the Greensboro Chapter being back (after missing almost all this season) & now a High Point & Burlington chapter getting started. Technically I live in Greensboro, but right on the border to High Point & is originally from Burlington.
Facebook link to the High Point chapter?
I don't think there is a High Point chapter. I've lived in HP over 45 years and don't know of one. And I'm probably the most die hard App fan in High Point.
I apologize, I thought there was one lol. I do remember a viewing party in High Point for last year's New Orleans Bowl. Made me think someone was starting a new High Point chapter. Perhaps that's why the "Greensboro" one is officially called the "Piedmont/Triad" Chapter. Combines Greensboro & HP together. Maybe Burlington as well.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am

I am not sure if Burlington has a chapter, but they did a viewing party at a bar and restaurant a few years ago. That was the only viewing party I am aware of in Burlington, though I may be missing the notices. I generally go to the Greensboro viewing party but I did do the Burlington that one time to check it out. Living in McLeansville the distance is about the same, though I prefer to spend my money in Guilford and Greensboro so I generally go in that direction.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

MountaineerChemist10

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:02 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am
I am not sure if Burlington has a chapter, but they did a viewing party at a bar and restaurant a few years ago. That was the only viewing party I am aware of in Burlington, though I may be missing the notices. I generally go to the Greensboro viewing party but I did do the Burlington that one time to check it out. Living in McLeansville the distance is about the same, though I prefer to spend my money in Guilford and Greensboro so I generally go in that direction.
Right. I remember noticing someone in Burlington hosting a viewing party for at least 1-2 games this season. I believe they all met at BWW @ Alamance Crossing. I used to live in Burlington, eventually moving into Greensboro in '17. SO glad I did; Burlington is ok but lacks the social life other cities like Greensboro & W-S offers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Alumni Chatter”