Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bracket Challenge!

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
DomCrosetto
School: Appalachian State

Bracket Challenge!

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:55 pm

End your sadness & join the Madness!

Sun Belt focused group for March Madness. $5 per entry (up to 25 allowed). Need ESPN account (free). Tuesday’s play-in games don’t count. Brackets will be locked by first game Thursday at 12:15 EST.

Group: Sun Belt Syndicate
Password: mustbeawinner

Venmo - @Dominick-Crosetto
PayPal - @domcrosetto

https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-cha ... ID=5520284

appdaze

Re: Bracket Challenge!

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:48 pm

uhhmmmm, no. Not a fan of gambling being on here. Also, I would never send a random podcaster even $1.

Perhaps if people want to post screen shots/pics of their brackets for fun we can do a thread with that.

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:17 pm

appdaze wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:48 pm
uhhmmmm, no. Not a fan of gambling being on here. Also, I would never send a random podcaster even $1.

Perhaps if people want to post screen shots/pics of their brackets for fun we can do a thread with that.
No one is stopping you from making one for free. I choose to make one with a little on the line in order to award the winner(s).

As for the 'random podcaster' comment, I'm an App fan, having lived in Boone for the better part of 7 years (now living in Durham as a season ticket holder & Yosef Club donor). I would have loved to have focused on App solely but the Black & Gold guys do a fantastic job & I found that only about half the Belt had good representation in the video/podcasting realm. I try to provide what I can but am also doing it completely solo & figuring it out as I go. Saw this as a great way to spread brand awareness & possibly create some excitement around the Big Dance after the Sun Belt had a pretty strong league overall this season.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:05 pm

DomCrosetto wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:17 pm
appdaze wrote:

No one is stopping you from making one for free. I choose to make one with a little on the line in order to award the winner(s).

As for the 'random podcaster' comment, I'm an App fan, having lived in Boone for the better part of 7 years (now living in Durham as a season ticket holder & Yosef Club donor). I would have loved to have focused on App solely but the Black & Gold guys do a fantastic job & I found that only about half the Belt had good representation in the video/podcasting realm. I try to provide what I can but am also doing it completely solo & figuring it out as I go. Saw this as a great way to spread brand awareness & possibly create some excitement around the Big Dance after the Sun Belt had a pretty strong league overall this season.
I never said anything was stopping me from making a free one. I already have. A "little on the line" is gambling whether it's $5 or $500. I've known some who lost their way "a little on the line" at a time. That's a great backstory. You are still a random person asking others to put money in your accounts. Notice I didn't post this on your video threads. If you want to give content creation about the sunbelt, then rock and roll. Asking other random people to gamble both on brackets and giving a stranger money is where I decided to comment. Some people may take you up on it. That is their choice. My other comment is about having gambling on here. I suppose we need a bookies folder now. It's ok if you don't like my comments; this is a message board. Just as I have the choice to make a free bracket, you are making the choice to put yourself and your thoughts on the internet, so be ready for dissenting voices without dropping your back story as if that makes everything peachy. Good luck on the content side, but I stand by my opinion of having gambling here, but in the end that is up to what the mods prefer.

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:04 pm

appdaze wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:05 pm
DomCrosetto wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:17 pm
appdaze wrote:

I never said anything was stopping me from making a free one. I already have. A "little on the line" is gambling whether it's $5 or $500. I've known some who lost their way "a little on the line" at a time. That's a great backstory. You are still a random person asking others to put money in your accounts. Notice I didn't post this on your video threads. If you want to give content creation about the sunbelt, then rock and roll. Asking other random people to gamble both on brackets and giving a stranger money is where I decided to comment. Some people may take you up on it. That is their choice. My other comment is about having gambling on here. I suppose we need a bookies folder now. It's ok if you don't like my comments; this is a message board. Just as I have the choice to make a free bracket, you are making the choice to put yourself and your thoughts on the internet, so be ready for dissenting voices without dropping your back story as if that makes everything peachy. Good luck on the content side, but I stand by my opinion of having gambling here, but in the end that is up to what the mods prefer.
It read as a snide comment - random podcaster (as if my face & name aren't out there, as well as my username). If I wasn't prepared for this, & the detractors that could come along with it, I wouldn't have done it.

Thanks for the comment about content creation & I appreciate the mods for allowing me to share it here. If they choose to take this down for the gambling aspect, that is certainly their right to do & I will absolutely respect it. I didn't notice any brackets listed or shared so I decided to see if there was interest here.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:03 am

I hope this helps to build some interest in basketball at App. I also appreciate your posts about App basketball and the Sunbelt in general. Can be fun.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:24 am

March Madness... Great time of year!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:25 am

pop5app wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:03 am
I hope this helps to build some interest in basketball at App. I also appreciate your posts about App basketball and the Sunbelt in general. Can be fun.
Thanks for saying that. Wish I lived closer to take in more basketball games in person. Hoping to get to at least 1 baseball game in Boone this year and make some visits to some away venues during work travel. This is certainly a football & baseball conference with basketball coming in at a distant 3rd. Not sure how many other conferences around the country would say the same thing ha!

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:19 am

Haven't seen as many entries as I would have liked...so...(Appdaze will like this)...it's now FREE! $50 to be awarded to the winner! Still a private group but the password is still the same. mustbeawinner

Enter before first tip at 12:15!

Good luck to all who do!

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:20 am

DomCrosetto wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:19 am
Haven't seen as many entries as I would have liked...so...(Appdaze will like this)...it's now FREE! $50 to be awarded to the winner! Still a private group but the password is still the same. mustbeawinner

Good luck to all who do!
Here's the link - https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-cha ... =clipboard

Wally

Unread post by Wally » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:53 am

DomCrosetto wrote:

Good luck to all who do!
Wasn't even going to do a bracket till I saw this conversation... :lol: Now I kinda want to give a random podcaster $5!

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:05 am

Wally wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:53 am
DomCrosetto wrote:

Good luck to all who do!
Wasn't even going to do a bracket till I saw this conversation... :lol: Now I kinda want to give a random podcaster $5!
hahaha love it!

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:06 am

Thanks Nick for getting this together! I look forward to winning it! (:

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:56 pm

Congrats are in order to Chris for winning the inaugural Sun Belt Syndicate NCAA bracket challenge!

Check out the social pages to see (a very zoomed out view) his bracket. He’s a massive UConn fan so he was doubly happy with the victory last night!

Hope to see everyone back next season, plus more!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”