Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coastal #23 in Coaches Poll

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coastal #23 in Coaches Poll

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:55 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:51 pm
Let’s see how they look after they’ve gone through multiple years of getting gutted at every coaching position imaginable.
I am thinking they might be in bigger trouble when Moglia goes than just losing some assistants. They have already lost a few since Chadwell took over but they were a program who did not have the money to sustain in FBS until Moglia came along. I feel like his passing is going to be their biggest test as a program.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:57 pm

Good for coastal. They deserve where they are.

Let's judge them as a program after they've been around for 100 years, seen coaches come and go as well as players. Time will statistically make us all similar.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:58 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:54 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:32 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:23 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:07 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:56 pm
Hate them or love them.... They get it done. This is why I like a killer mentality..... They get the job done. They don't care if other teams fans are comfortable at their stadium. They dont care if they say something to offend anyone. We can come up with 1 million different reasons to hate them....but let's just call it like it is. They haven't given in to what others want and they kept their eyes on what they wanted....and they fought hard to get it. Props to them and I hope they win out.
And they've cheated along the way. If that's the program you want, you don't want to be an App fan. Remember, Chadwell has brought NCAA sanctions to three different schools and leaves right before the sanctions are enforced.

Coastal will be hit with them soon enough.
No part of that condoned cheating. Not sure how you got that. If they are then I hope they get caught. Until they are, guess what? They beat us and are winning games. You appear to be "in the know" when it comes to all things App State and the Sun Belt. If you have information that is relevant to them cheating then divulge.... If all you have is his past cheating then that is speculation. I have no knowledge of them cheating. I don't follow them closely enough to care. What I do know is that if they aren't cheating, then I hope they win out. Makes the Sun Belt look better. Peace.
You literally said you want our program to be like theirs... Which is led by a known cheater... You did condone it whether you meant it that way or not.

Last I heard, over 50% of their team are non-qualifiers. That was back in the 2018 (maybe 2019) draft class so it could be better now. But, I'll just say there's a good reason we don't really compete for their recruits. And when we are in competition, we win 95% of the time.

Chadwell purposely goes for guys that academically can't make it anywhere else. And then plays guys that aren't even enrolled in the school....
I'm 100% with you in not wanting to be like them and I wonder if that is why he does not have any P5 offers, yet. He definitely does not care about academics and is known to do anything it takes to win. I don't want to be like that.

My only issue is that they are beating us on the field despite the fact that when we compete with them for players that we win those battles. They wanted Burger pretty badly and I just hope they don't somehow get to him and urge him to his the portal with our struggles. We got to beat these teams on the field like we do in recruiting or it makes us look bad that we are not getting the most out of our players.
Burger will not be going to Coastal. I will bet on that. His family hates the culture there. It was confirmed they made the right choice when we played down there. They got verbally abused by alumni. Not students, alumni. Because their son chose us over them.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:01 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:58 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

And they've cheated along the way. If that's the program you want, you don't want to be an App fan. Remember, Chadwell has brought NCAA sanctions to three different schools and leaves right before the sanctions are enforced.

No part of that condoned cheating. Not sure how you got that. If they are then I hope they get caught. Until they are, guess what? They beat us and are winning games. You appear to be "in the know" when it comes to all things App State and the Sun Belt. If you have information that is relevant to them cheating then divulge.... If all you have is his past cheating then that is speculation. I have no knowledge of them cheating. I don't follow them closely enough to care. What I do know is that if they aren't cheating, then I hope they win out. Makes the Sun Belt look better. Peace.
You literally said you want our program to be like theirs... Which is led by a known cheater... You did condone it whether you meant it that way or not.

Last I heard, over 50% of their team are non-qualifiers. That was back in the 2018 (maybe 2019) draft class so it could be better now. But, I'll just say there's a good reason we don't really compete for their recruits. And when we are in competition, we win 95% of the time.

Chadwell purposely goes for guys that academically can't make it anywhere else. And then plays guys that aren't even enrolled in the school....
I'm 100% with you in not wanting to be like them and I wonder if that is why he does not have any P5 offers, yet. He definitely does not care about academics and is known to do anything it takes to win. I don't want to be like that.

My only issue is that they are beating us on the field despite the fact that when we compete with them for players that we win those battles. They wanted Burger pretty badly and I just hope they don't somehow get to him and urge him to his the portal with our struggles. We got to beat these teams on the field like we do in recruiting or it makes us look bad that we are not getting the most out of our players.
Burger will not be going to Coastal. I will bet on that. His family hates the culture there. It was confirmed they made the right choice when we played down there. They got verbally abused by alumni. Not students, alumni. Because their son chose us over them.
Not surprising. That was the most rednecks I've seen in one place ever.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:56 pm

Longrifle28 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:01 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

So you've never been to Statesville, eh?

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:19 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:56 pm
Longrifle28 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Lol no!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:56 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

I heard the students loud and clear but did not see alumni ragging him. I'm not shocked to hear that and glad to know he won't go back closer to home then. I know they would love to get him somehow. We definitely have a better culture and class of fans than they do. Just hearing their students with the F*** App State chants told me all I needed to know. If you notice Chadwell, nor anyone from the school, asked them to stop. They are a classless bunch down there.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:57 pm

The worst team in the West curb stomped us as I recall , and the others there have impressed me this season,though inconsistently sans USA and Troy.I think one of them wins it.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:58 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:37 pm
AppWyo wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:11 pm
What has helped Troy the most this season is not being in the East Division of the Sun Belt.
Indeed but outside of a lucky play they had us beat. Maybe we would have won 7 games by now if we had been in the West.
I understand why people say this, but I don't agree. Yes, we won on a great play as time expired, but if that same play happened at the end of the first half, nobody would be say this. App actually beat them in total yardage and QB sacks. We shut down their running game completely. We beat them in every meaningful way. Big plays are part of the game.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:15 pm

I have witnessed our students cross , in my opinion , the line as far as language and other vulgarities.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:41 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:58 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
What has helped Troy the most this season is not being in the East Division of the Sun Belt.
Indeed but outside of a lucky play they had us beat. Maybe we would have won 7 games by now if we had been in the West.
I understand why people say this, but I don't agree. Yes, we won on a great play as time expired, but if that same play happened at the end of the first half, nobody would be say this. App actually beat them in total yardage and QB sacks. We shut down their running game completely. We beat them in every meaningful way. Big plays are part of the game.
Of course we outplayed them in many stats but there is only one meaningful stat in football and that is the scoreboard. They had the lead and we won a lucky Hail Mary pass. If that play does not happen then we would be upset at how we beat them in so many ways but failed to do so where it counts. Looking at those stats are moral victories and we luckily beat them on a last second tipped pass that happened to score.

AppBox

Unread post by AppBox » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:36 am

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:15 pm
I have witnessed our students cross , in my opinion , the line as far as language and other vulgarities.
And our alumni shouting things at the opposing teams bench that have made me wish I'd left my kids at home. Though I will say this season has been better. Now all I hear are complaints about play calling and execution 🤣

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:00 am

I can't believe we have people who complain about the fans and student bodies at opposing schools. We do our share of bullcrap.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:46 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:41 am
Yosef84 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
Of course we outplayed them in many stats but there is only one meaningful stat in football and that is the scoreboard. They had the lead and we won a lucky Hail Mary pass. If that play does not happen then we would be upset at how we beat them in so many ways but failed to do so where it counts. Looking at those stats are moral victories and we luckily beat them on a last second tipped pass that happened to score.
Completely missed the point, but it's fine. Discount a legit win if you want to. If "lucky" plays are arbitrarily excluded, a lot of games would be different. When time expired, that "one meaningful stat" favored App State.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:11 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:58 pm
appstate77 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:51 pm
What will happen when Georgia Tech scoops up their coach after thr season?
Seems like he could aim higher and for a place he has a chance to win.
If it happens they got the last 3 years…can’t worry about a good coach leaving….just need one to start with

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Longrifle28 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

I don’t like all the vulgarity either but our fans do it too. The guy beside me at CCU yelled, “break his neck” every time we got a guy close to McCall.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:40 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Longrifle28 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I don’t like all the vulgarity either but our fans do it too. The guy beside me at CCU yelled, “break his neck” every time we got a guy close to McCall.
Just go back to the Marshall game last year and the behavior of some of our fans. And, at the south end of the student section every week we have a group of fans who scream and yell at the opposition team coming and going thru the tunnel. One can surmise what is being said and its not "safe travels" or "good luck."

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:41 pm

Lack of class .No excuses.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:43 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:46 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:41 am
Yosef84 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
Completely missed the point, but it's fine. Discount a legit win if you want to. If "lucky" plays are arbitrarily excluded, a lot of games would be different. When time expired, that "one meaningful stat" favored App State.
I get your point and like you said- we won. That is what matters but it is not like we dominated so I am not going to brag about that win. Just glad the stars aligned on that last play. We are very close to having 8 wins by now and also very close to just having 3.

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:59 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:15 pm
If you don't remember it, it didn't happen.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”