Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

JMU- Welcome to SB and curse of GASouth

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
JohnnyBurrito
School: Appalachian State

Re: JMU- Welcome to SB and curse of GASouth

Unread post by JohnnyBurrito » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:32 pm

citroknight wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:14 pm
JohnnyBurrito wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:38 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:34 pm
Well I could be wrong but it looks like if we can win out and ODU loses one in addition to our game, I think we win the east. If, big if, we win out we would have head to head wins against everyone in the east. We would just need someone else to beat ODU.
ODU lost to Ark St. all we need to do is beat them and they’ll have 2 losses.
ODU is 2-0 in conference play, they beat Ark St 29-26.
Ok, so I was drinking and researching

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:33 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:46 pm
They have a really tough schedule the rest of the season
At GA ST, APP and So AL = home - GaSo, Marshall, JMU
As it turns out everybody has a tough road in the east. The transfer portal has made it G5 football a great melting pot equalizer. P5 Dudes that want a new start or more playing time can help lift a program from the bottom as we've seen in half of this season. If you have freshmen that can contribute, just about no sense in saving their shirt or they could be gone next season where to they can play. Home grown at G5 will be a tougher road to continue to travel. The portal is changing the way we do things.
BLACK SATURDAY

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:51 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:33 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
As it turns out everybody has a tough road in the east. The transfer portal has made it G5 football a great melting pot equalizer. P5 Dudes that want a new start or more playing time can help lift a program from the bottom as we've seen in half of this season. If you have freshmen that can contribute, just about no sense in saving their shirt or they could be gone next season where to they can play. Home grown at G5 will be a tougher road to continue to travel. The portal is changing the way we do things.
In an interview on the Black and Gold podcast Thomas Hennigan basically said the problem on our team is that the App culture of playing for the other 10 guys was in trouble. Said he saw the start of the problem in 21. He said those guys who didn’t buy into the play for your teammates concept usually got run out of the building before they became a team “cancer”. Basically said the culture is learned by going through those first couple of years in the program. I think the transfer portal has to be used but how do we maintain that App culture? Honestly Henni ended up being all over the place on the transfer situation but that simply highlighted the difficulty in dealing with this new era.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:22 am

I agree with Henni. I hope our coaches and leadership can discover a creative solution to the problem.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:41 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:51 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:33 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
In an interview on the Black and Gold podcast Thomas Hennigan basically said the problem on our team is that the App culture of playing for the other 10 guys was in trouble. Said he saw the start of the problem in 21. He said those guys who didn’t buy into the play for your teammates concept usually got run out of the building before they became a team “cancer”. Basically said the culture is learned by going through those first couple of years in the program. I think the transfer portal has to be used but how do we maintain that App culture? Honestly Henni ended up being all over the place on the transfer situation but that simply highlighted the difficulty in dealing with this new era.
I can verify this has been a problem. There is more to it than the transfer portal, although that's a piece of it I believe. There is a disconnect between elements of the program that weren't historically there. I don't believe in the idea that you can't become too big to lose your "family-like" culture.
The Appalachian State

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:19 am

BLACK SATURDAY

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:29 am

Not good!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic