Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UL alum in Fayetteville

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

UL alum in Fayetteville

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:14 pm

I drove down to Fayetteville Saturday to watch a baseball game there and I have never really spent any time in Fayetteville so I wanted to do that. I am trying to get to all the minor league stadiums in the state and then work on hockey and such.

While waiting in line for the gates to open I notice a bigger guy wearing a UL football t-shirt. So I asked him if he attended and he played from 2016 to 2018 or so and then coached for a year as a grad assistant. I mentioned my App State connection and that I wanted to say hello to a fellow SB member. His comment to me was how much App had Ul's number during his time there. I mentioned we used to make signs for ULLLLLLLL. He did not know about this but thought is was great and laughed a bit.

Fayetteville has a nice stadium and it is right by the train station so I got to see Amtrak, and a freight on the main line and a small freight on the tracks that run behind the outfield. That was more interesting than the game which was a 13-1 trashing from the away team. No trains running through the outfield however.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: UL alum in Fayetteville

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:43 pm

Made me think of the old movie with Richard Pryor, I think, where the train actually went thru the outfield
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:20 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:43 pm
Made me think of the old movie with Richard Pryor, I think, where the train actually went thru the outfield
Brewster’s Million

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:39 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:43 pm
That is what I was referring to. I figured someone would get the reference.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:54 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:14 pm
I drove down to Fayetteville Saturday to watch a baseball game there and I have never really spent any time in Fayetteville so I wanted to do that. I am trying to get to all the minor league stadiums in the state and then work on hockey and such.

While waiting in line for the gates to open I notice a bigger guy wearing a UL football t-shirt. So I asked him if he attended and he played from 2016 to 2018 or so and then coached for a year as a grad assistant. I mentioned my App State connection and that I wanted to say hello to a fellow SB member. His comment to me was how much App had Ul's number during his time there. I mentioned we used to make signs for ULLLLLLLL. He did not know about this but thought is was great and laughed a bit.

Fayetteville has a nice stadium and it is right by the train station so I got to see Amtrak, and a freight on the main line and a small freight on the tracks that run behind the outfield. That was more interesting than the game which was a 13-1 trashing from the away team. No trains running through the outfield however.
Going guess you saw one of the Palmetto trains unless you caught one of the late Auto Trains. I believe the only ones coming through Fayetteville are 89/90 and 52/53 AT right now with the COVID cancellations of the other New York to Florida trains.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:14 am

firemoose wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:54 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:14 pm

Going guess you saw one of the Palmetto trains unless you caught one of the late Auto Trains. I believe the only ones coming through Fayetteville are 89/90 and 52/53 AT right now with the COVID cancellations of the other New York to Florida trains.
I hope it was the Palmetto running about 90 minutes late. Otherwise it was the Silver Meteor running 16 hours late.

NC needs a 1 or 2 am train from Raleigh-Charlotte and Charlotte-Raleigh Piedmont service. If that was in place there would be so many more options to deal with the overnigth Crescent and Silver service through North Carolina.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”