Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Napier Article from AP

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Napier Article from AP

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:02 pm

Can't wait to hear SC, Tenn, Vandy, UGA, etc complain about the sign stealing and comment about how easy it is with that many staff. LOL

https://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ ... port-staff

HighlandsApp

Re: Napier Article from AP

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:35 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:02 pm
Can't wait to hear SC, Tenn, Vandy, UGA, etc complain about the sign stealing and comment about how easy it is with that many staff. LOL

Learning everything about your opponent is everywhere including how they line up and what signals they may use. It isn't going away and I suspect everyone does it if they have the resources.

Guy is really smart. Him biding his time rather than jumping at the first three or four million dollars somebody offered him really paid off with his over 7 million dollar annual salary. I think Drinkwitz probably put himself in the worst position with Missouri job. Satterfield's jump to Louisville had and maybe still has more upside because of the lighter ACC.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:40 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:35 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:02 pm

Learning everything about your opponent is everywhere including how they line up and what signals they may use. It isn't going away and I suspect everyone does it if they have the resources.

Guy is really smart. Him biding his time rather than jumping at the first three or four million dollars somebody offered him really paid off with his over 7 million dollar annual salary. I think Drinkwitz probably put himself in the worst position with Missouri job. Satterfield's jump to Louisville had and maybe still has more upside because of the lighter ACC.
Exactly. We have some who found out they may be stealing our signals and got upset but I say be smarter and don't do anything that could possibly be stolen where the other team can know what you are doing.

Drink definitely was offered too early and he jumped because it is all about the money. He has a family and ego and that may change for him in 15-20 yards but for now he needed the money. I get it.

Napier is the blueprint. If you sustain success and are the real deal then don't jump so quick and it can pay off big. I will say though that Napier was already making 2M, which is way more than we pay, so he can afford to be more patient. He is already a millionaire.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:02 pm

Interesting that Napier was paid as much as he is. I assume all the analysts were paid as well. Although SBC Championship Game had decent fan turnout, many of their games did not appear to have anything close to sellout..it must be the deep pockets providing the support.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:18 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:02 pm
Interesting that Napier was paid as much as he is. I assume all the analysts were paid as well. Although SBC Championship Game had decent fan turnout, many of their games did not appear to have anything close to sellout..it must be the deep pockets providing the support.
He was highest paid in the league. As for support yes I suppose when you have a big bank in the town that is a major corporate sponsor that helps a lot. lol

Napier is really good and I'm glad for him. You see the staff he wants. Keep in mind that he has turned down other places because he requested that stuff and it was not approved. He waited and waited to get his dream scenario and he has it. He has no reason not to win the SEC East and be a title contender by 2023 now. When you have a transfer portal that acts as free agency basically then a college team can see a quick turnaround these days.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:51 pm

The year before he got there we beat them 63-14 ..... seems like an eternity ago after the past two seasons. He was by far the best coach in the Conference.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:01 pm

I keep reading they have poor attendance....I think it is just the big stadium and the camera angle. All of our programs should switch the cameras to the other side to show a crowd. Louisiana had a nice crowd and pretty loud....Not Boone loud but loud enough to mess with our offense. With that sun, everyone is going to sit in the side in the shade.

AppBox

Unread post by AppBox » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:41 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:01 pm
I keep reading they have poor attendance....I think it is just the big stadium and the camera angle. All of our programs should switch the cameras to the other side to show a crowd. Louisiana had a nice crowd and pretty loud....Not Boone loud but loud enough to mess with our offense. With that sun, everyone is going to sit in the side in the shade.
A few of their fans I talked to at their pre-game tailgates mentioned normal attendance is 16-20k.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”