Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Napier to FLA

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Napier to FLA

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:52 pm

Napier said on Twitter he will coach Saturday.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:18 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:42 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:39 pm
I'm having a really hard time seeing Chadwell at VT - I just feel they could do so much better
Him and those idiots. That’s a match made in heaven
Which idiots?
Chatwell seems like the perfect fit for Virginia tech IMO

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:04 pm

Leaving to go to another school to coach and still coaching in the championship game. That’s a bunch of BS.

We are bringing the sandpaper!
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:20 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:37 pm
Don't know about the rest of you all but it seems like Clark is here to stay as long as they let him. He is App thru and thru. 2 games left but looking to next year it will be interesting with all the talented seniors leaving. Others replacing coaching staff will only make what may be a rebuilding year a little better. Go App!
He’s App through and through for sure and completely loyal. If he beats Napier in the championship, his stock doubles and he’s on the national radar. The next two years will show how well he recruits and rebuilds. I think that will determine if he’s in other program’s conversations in a couple of seasons at the end of 2023. Just my guess.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:35 pm

I really wish the coaches and Athletic Directors could find a way to make their deals and not make the move until at least after their conference championship game. I really wish they would hold off until after the team involved finishes their bowl game. I just hate it for the players. On Coach Clark, from everything I’ve seen he’s a class act but make no mistake if he succeeds at App he will move up. Man has a family to care for, when somebody comes calling with enough money to insure a lifetime of financial stability for his family he will and should take the offer. Question, do we lose coaches to the UL or even the Duke situation? I don’t see anything but I’m not even close to “connected”.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:06 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:04 pm
Leaving to go to another school to coach and still coaching in the championship game. That’s a bunch of BS.

It has happened to us twice. The schools did not announce but there were verbal deals in place for both Satt and Drink.

Don't overlook UL because now their kids can huddle up and agree this game is for them. It does not matter if Napier is there or not because at the end of the day these kids are either the champs or the losers and they sure as hell don't want to be 0-3 against App in the CCG. I think they are going to give us their best shot. I just don't think they play the same near perfect game that they did against us before.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:23 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:06 pm
HighPointApp wrote:

It has happened to us twice. The schools did not announce but there were verbal deals in place for both Satt and Drink.

Don't overlook UL because now their kids can huddle up and agree this game is for them. It does not matter if Napier is there or not because at the end of the day these kids are either the champs or the losers and they sure as hell don't want to be 0-3 against App in the CCG. I think they are going to give us their best shot. I just don't think they play the same near perfect game that they did against us before.
I’m not overlooking anything. I’m not playing the game. I agree with your post.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:32 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:23 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
HighPointApp wrote:

I’m not overlooking anything. I’m not playing the game. I agree with your post.
I was talking about our team. I don't think they would but I hope they don't let this settle in their minds that this could help us. They will want to send him out with a win. I expect UL to be sky high for this game and ready to roll. This title game has been a monkey on the back of Napier so I'm pretty sure this is heavily important in his mind as well. After the Miracle on the Mountain and the last 2 title game outcomes we are a monkey on his back that this win would help get off his back.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:57 pm

👍🏻🇺🇸
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:10 pm

I don't think this will help us. Napier wants to send these seniors and team out on top. Napier wants nothing more than to beat App one more time. I expect them to come at us with everything in their arsenal. They are a talented well coached team and I expect them at their best.

It will take our best effort, nothing less. Penalties and turnovers if persistent, could be our demise. Would love to see us play a well planned, mistake free game.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:14 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
HighPointApp wrote:

Napier's patience really paid off verses both Satterfield and Drinkwitz cashing in on any $3.5mm a year that they could get. I'm sure that Napier's deal will be double that number and he waited for a school where he knew that he could succeed.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm

I have no idea how this will affect APP or ULL - I don't think it makes any difference to our guys - they remember what happened several weeks back and the is THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - as for ULL, the emotions could go several ways and I just don't think it will make them any better or any more dedicated to winning the championship. Everything being considered I would think the ULL players would prefer none of this happening -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:10 pm

I imagine the UL players have mixed emotions. It's hard to say what effect, if any, this may have. Cajun players want to win as much as our guys do.
WE ARE YOSEF!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:50 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:37 pm
Don't know about the rest of you all but it seems like Clark is here to stay as long as they let him. He is App thru and thru. 2 games left but looking to next year it will be interesting with all the talented seniors leaving. Others replacing coaching staff will only make what may be a rebuilding year a little better. Go App!
I agree he’s App thru and thru. But let’s make sure we reciprocate that loyalty.

It’s easy to forget he’s not even close to the highest paid Sun Belt coach, yet undoubtedly carries the highest expectations.

That may be something he’s willing to overlook during the honeymoon phase, but I promise you if that phone starts ringing and there are offers on the table for double/triple/quadruple the money he’s making now? With more funding for staff? And equitable expectations? I’m App thru and thru too, but I’d be listening to what they had to say…
YNWA

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:52 pm

If he wins the champ we might just have to pay the man.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:56 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:52 pm
...and we should. He inherited the job interim and won the bowl game. Was named head coach and was 9-3 and won the bowl game. Second year he won 10 games and has us back in the CCG. When we win the bowl game again I'd be in favor of a negotian.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:00 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:56 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:52 pm
...and we should. He inherited the job interim and won the bowl game. Was named head coach and was 9-3 and won the bowl game. Second year he won 10 games and has us back in the CCG. When we win the bowl game again I'd be in favor of a negotian.
I don’t disagree. And a renegotiated by our could be good for us.

I do see Shawn being less likely to bounce quickly if he’s being paid a good amount.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:12 pm

Let’s Go, Billy!
BLACK SATURDAY

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:00 pm

Clark may look to increase his assistant pool before he asks for a raise.

Three SBC CCGs, the host all three times lost their coach.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:36 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:14 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
HighPointApp wrote:

Napier's patience really paid off verses both Satterfield and Drinkwitz cashing in on any $3.5mm a year that they could get. I'm sure that Napier's deal will be double that number and he waited for a school where he knew that he could succeed.
I felt Satt could have waited and found even better while I thought Missouri was taking a huge gamble but that Drink possibly could have done better so I had had the discussion with some people who were adamant that you don't wait for these jobs and you take them because you may not get another shot. I felt a good coach could hold out for a better offer so you don't get stuck in a bad situation and Napier has proven you can do that. A coach has to keep winning but if they aren't a one hit wonder it is shown that more chances will come. It has surely paid off big time for Napier.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”