Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

“Weak 1”

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: “Weak 1”

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:34 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:23 pm
App_in_Maiden wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:06 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:17 pm
We would have been ecstatic to beat Dook so they earned it. I give them some props
Exactly. I find it funny people are hating on UNCC beating Duke, but we beat a weak UNC and SC team in 2019 and I own a shirt that says “king of the Carolinas”. I get people love to hate on UNCC because of their fans, but don’t discredit a win like that for their program. Some on this board forget where we used to be.
With the exception of GaSo I am generally happy to see a Prig5 school fall to a Great5 school. I am a bit on the fence with UNCC and ECU since the recruiting is so much of an overlap with us. But I would prefer they win than a Prig5 school, as long as App is also having a great year so they are not gaining on us. So I am fine with UNCC taking a W over a weak Duke team at their own stadium that was not even at 100% capacity in the smallest FBS stadium in use. That is as excited as I can get. But glad they won. I was happier for ETSU.
I’m guessing no Vandy fans posted #BeatETSU
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:39 pm

I watched some of the ETSU/Vandy game .It was no fluke.0-11year in Nashville?

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:41 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:34 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:23 pm
App_in_Maiden wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:06 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:17 pm
We would have been ecstatic to beat Dook so they earned it. I give them some props
Exactly. I find it funny people are hating on UNCC beating Duke, but we beat a weak UNC and SC team in 2019 and I own a shirt that says “king of the Carolinas”. I get people love to hate on UNCC because of their fans, but don’t discredit a win like that for their program. Some on this board forget where we used to be.
With the exception of GaSo I am generally happy to see a Prig5 school fall to a Great5 school. I am a bit on the fence with UNCC and ECU since the recruiting is so much of an overlap with us. But I would prefer they win than a Prig5 school, as long as App is also having a great year so they are not gaining on us. So I am fine with UNCC taking a W over a weak Duke team at their own stadium that was not even at 100% capacity in the smallest FBS stadium in use. That is as excited as I can get. But glad they won. I was happier for ETSU.
I’m guessing no Vandy fans posted #BeatETSU
It's all in the hashtag. And on the Vanderbilt message board all I have seen for the past 8 months has been #BeatCOState This one is certainly on the posters on their message board. Can't blame the coach or players for the missing #BeatETSU hashtag.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:46 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:39 pm
I watched some of the ETSU/Vandy game .It was no fluke.0-11year in Nashville?
Certainly 23-3 is certainly no fluke. 20 points would either be due to some crazy turnovers that gave ETSU easy points or ETSU dominated. And that would still not fully explain only 3 points for Vandy. I am thinking there are many in Johnson City happy to have football back.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:07 pm

At least the niners finally have a decent reason to unlock the doors at CLUB LIT...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”