Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NMSU-Idaho to SBC

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
brocktune90
School: Appalachian State

Re: NMSU-Idaho to SBC

Unread post by brocktune90 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:23 am

Living in Portland, Oregon, I would love being able to see App play with just a 6 hour drive!

RichMtn

Unread post by RichMtn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 pm

I may be offbase, but I get the feeling that the future of college football (especially at this level) is not about fans travelling to games. Its about three things - viewers, viewers and viewers.

We've been used to a league over the years where the schools were in driving distance and we'd show up en masse. But this new level is going to have a very different feel. There may just be an expectation that most games are going to be like ours - we pack the stadium, and if 300-600 fans come from the opponent, cool. its very counter-intuitive to me, but I'm not sure they see that as a big problem really.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:15 pm

mountaineerman wrote:The chatter on sbmb is we would be in the west division with both teams in nms and Idaho, along with wku if they stay this was not part of the deal I was on board till this.
GA South is the only institution nearer the East Coast/Atlantic Ocean than Appalachian and we're buying into a conference "opportunity" that will put us in a division with Idaho and New Mexico State? I don't believe Ken Peacock and Charlie Cobb would sign off on that "real deal."
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Dmanuhone

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:02 pm

"Here we go to Idaho" for you old timers.
Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Is there any credibility to App being a part of the Western Division? That makes absolutely zero sense.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm

appgrad wrote:NMSU isn't as bad for Texas State. Honestly - the people I know in Texas treat that kind of distance like it's nothing. Idaho, of course, is a different story.

I'm sure people are freaking out about this - but again, for football only, it's not a big deal. If we were in FCS, and scheduled a home and home with Montana, Northern AZ or NDSU to be played once every 4 years, the FCSers would be thrilled. This is about the same.
Don't we have some situation as it relates to winning a football game west of the Mississippi River? Maybe we can take care of that now once and for all.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:38 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
appgrad wrote:NMSU isn't as bad for Texas State. Honestly - the people I know in Texas treat that kind of distance like it's nothing. Idaho, of course, is a different story.

I'm sure people are freaking out about this - but again, for football only, it's not a big deal. If we were in FCS, and scheduled a home and home with Montana, Northern AZ or NDSU to be played once every 4 years, the FCSers would be thrilled. This is about the same.
Don't we have some situation as it relates to winning a football game west of the Mississippi River? Maybe we can take care of that now once and for all.

We'll have that in the bag by Week 2 of this season.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Goapps15 wrote:Is there any credibility to App being a part of the Western Division? That makes absolutely zero sense.
No way that happens. Makes zero sense. Who do you put in the east instead? La-Mo?, Ark St? 4 of the 6 Western schools would be in fairly close proximity anyway with Tx State, LaMo, LaLa, and Arky St.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:45 pm

appgrad wrote:
Goapps15 wrote:Is there any credibility to App being a part of the Western Division? That makes absolutely zero sense.
No way that happens. Makes zero sense. Who do you put in the east instead? La-Mo?, Ark St? 4 of the 6 Western schools would be in fairly close proximity anyway with Tx State, LaMo, LaLa, and Arky St.
I see it as WKU, App, GSU, Ga Sou, Troy and USA in the East. In the west ASU, ULL, ULM, TSU, NMSU, and Idaho.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Makes the most sense...though, again...likely WKU leaving for CUSA soon, once Tulsa splits for the new Conference TBNL (Big East). Not only that - they had a pretty long standing rivalry with MTSU, I believe.

If that happens, hope we can push for an East Coast school like JMU, or an old SoCon foe.

GoAppsGo92

Unread post by GoAppsGo92 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:10 pm

appsfan wrote:
appstategrad2008 wrote:With WKU rumored to be leaving, they're going to have to add at least one more anyway.
I would hope that school would be JMU...
I think there is a good chance it will... at least I hope so. The CAA is a complete mess, and JMU has the short straw.

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:17 pm

GoAppsGo92 wrote:
appsfan wrote:
appstategrad2008 wrote:With WKU rumored to be leaving, they're going to have to add at least one more anyway.
I think there is a good chance it will... at least I hope so. The CAA is a complete mess, and JMU has the short straw.
The short straw - but the biggest stadium (in the CAA)!

GoAppsGo92

Unread post by GoAppsGo92 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

asu66 wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:The chatter on sbmb is we would be in the west division with both teams in nms and Idaho, along with wku if they stay this was not part of the deal I was on board till this.
GA South is the only institution nearer the East Coast/Atlantic Ocean than Appalachian and we're buying into a conference "opportunity" that will put us in a division with Idaho and New Mexico State? I don't believe Ken Peacock and Charlie Cobb would sign off on that "real deal."
At least so far Idaho is the only one without a scheduled press conference....

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:10 pm

This is the driving times from Boone for the best possible config.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2040&p=21614&sid=2 ... d29#p21614

GoAppsGo92

Unread post by GoAppsGo92 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:13 am

GoAppsGo92 wrote:
appsfan wrote:
Idaho is definitely in. Will be voting to accept membership tomorrow... JMU looking better than ever for an invite... this guy was ahead of the AppState/GSU story as well as Idaho and NMSU:

Brent Thibodeaux ‏@BrentThibodeaux 7h
Was told if #WKU is invited and decides to join #CUSA, the #SunBelt already has a back-up plan in place. The writing is on the wall.
Expand
Eric Bernal ‏@EBER4 6h
@BrentThibodeaux Liberty or J. Madison?
Expand
Brent Thibodeaux ‏@BrentThibodeaux 6h
@EBER4 My sources are leaning towards JMU. Will hear more on that tomorrow.
Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
RETWEETS
3:15 PM - 26 Mar 13 · Details

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:25 am

asu66 wrote:
I agree. No way the administration agrees to put us in the west. This is someone trying to stir the pot. Tommy Bowman's article specifically mentioned an EASTERN division including App State. I'll stick with that until I hear otherwise from a more authoritative source.

GoAppsGo92

Unread post by GoAppsGo92 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:44 am

Yosef84 wrote:
asu66 wrote:
I agree. No way the administration agrees to put us in the west. This is someone trying to stir the pot. Tommy Bowman's article specifically mentioned an EASTERN division including App State. I'll stick with that until I hear otherwise from a more authoritative source.
We are in the East with one more team in the East to add after WKU leaves.

GoAppsGo92

Unread post by GoAppsGo92 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:46 am

GoAppsGo92 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
asu66 wrote:
We are in the East with one more team in the East to add after WKU leaves.
We may have to travel to either NMSU or IDAHO once every 6 years

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 am

The same guy as mentioned above already has two tweets today about a possible JMU Sun Belt invitation. I will post the links to both tweets below. The one that caught my eye was about them expecting two teams to be leaving. WKU is the one that most believe is leaving the question is who would the second team leaving be.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 am

The Rajun Cajuns! Unfortunately!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”