Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

If FBS move is real, let's keep it classy!

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
AppScott89
School: Appalachian State

Re: If FBS move is real, let's keep it classy!

Unread post by AppScott89 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Can someone explain the no playoffs in 2013? I thought as long as you do not add scholarships, you could make the playoffs. Old Domino did this in 2012. They couldn't win the CAA, but they could make the playoffs and did.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:51 pm

ODU delayed their announcement till after June 1 last year, which is the deadline. If we declare Wed. we'll be in the same transition phase with ODU.

Both will now be uneligible.

ODU being uneligible to win the CAA was a conference rule, not NCAA. The were a full fledged FCS team last year.

appmandan

Unread post by appmandan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:11 pm

This is not ment to rub people the wrong way, so I'm sorry in advance if it does.... but have we stopped calling this conference the Sun Belch Conference? I've been out of the loop for a long time, but it seems like that was how it was referenced on this board most of the time. After the CUSA snub, is everyone seeing the Sun Belt as not so bad after all these days?

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:35 pm

vegattk wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
vegattk wrote:If ASU wants to do this... and wants to do it for the right reasons.. I'm good...

But I still have this lingering feeling that we're STILL sitting at the kiddy table.

I certainly hope I'm wrong. Maybe we'll start to see ASU get air time on ESPN and in the NC newspapers... :roll:
I guess so. If it didn't both you that the Apps were "sitting at the kiddy table" before, it shouldn't bother you now. ;)

I don't have any reason to doubt that App State is doing this for the right reasons.
I never said I didn't want out of the SOCON... I've always been a post-season guy anyway.

I'm just now lamenting the fact that my potential season of 15 chances to watch ASU football will be trimmed by 3... That my seat prices will probably go up when I can barely afford them now... and that I won't be able to drive down the road to watch an away game (The ONLY positive for the SOCON)...

Here's to hoping we don't grow too "big" for our britches too quickly...
Not traveling to nearly all away games will free up money for any cost increase for tickets in Boone. If we're getting higher quality games I'll be glad to sacrafice a few road trips.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

vegattk

Unread post by vegattk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm

And here... we.... go....

Last edited by vegattk on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One game does not a postseason make.
More App Games > Less App Games

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm

GlassOnion wrote:ODU delayed their announcement till after June 1 last year, which is the deadline. If we declare Wed. we'll be in the same transition phase with ODU.

ODU being uneligible to win the CAA was a conference rule, not NCAA. The were a full fledged FCS team last year.
If we file papers before July 1 we will not be eligible. ODU announced in advance but didn't file until after the deadline. I have a feeling we will apply and start the process asap.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

vegattk

Unread post by vegattk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:38 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
vegattk wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
vegattk wrote:If ASU wants to do this... and wants to do it for the right reasons.. I'm good...

But I still have this lingering feeling that we're STILL sitting at the kiddy table.

I certainly hope I'm wrong. Maybe we'll start to see ASU get air time on ESPN and in the NC newspapers... :roll:
I guess so. If it didn't both you that the Apps were "sitting at the kiddy table" before, it shouldn't bother you now. ;)

I don't have any reason to doubt that App State is doing this for the right reasons.
I never said I didn't want out of the SOCON... I've always been a post-season guy anyway.

I'm just now lamenting the fact that my potential season of 15 chances to watch ASU football will be trimmed by 3... That my seat prices will probably go up when I can barely afford them now... and that I won't be able to drive down the road to watch an away game (The ONLY positive for the SOCON)...

Not traveling to nearly all away games will free up money for any cost increase for tickets in Boone. If we're getting higher quality games I'll be glad to sacrafice a few road trips.
I don't know about you... but I've always had a good time watching App play in Boone... I always thought that was a silly argument.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:41 pm

vegattk wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
vegattk wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:

I don't know about you... but I've always had a good time watching App play in Boone... I always thought that was a silly argument.
Having a good time has never been a problem, but I would rather any FBS team in Boone over most FCS teams. I think you'll be surprised at some of the teams we get to come to the Rock.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:45 pm

appmandan wrote:This is not ment to rub people the wrong way, so I'm sorry in advance if it does.... but have we stopped calling this conference the Sun Belch Conference? I've been out of the loop for a long time, but it seems like that was how it was referenced on this board most of the time. After the CUSA snub, is everyone seeing the Sun Belt as not so bad after all these days?
Yes, after the door was slammed by C-USA, the Sun Belt became the bees knees and the place to be. :lol:

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:50 pm

appmandan wrote:This is not ment to rub people the wrong way, so I'm sorry in advance if it does.... but have we stopped calling this conference the Sun Belch Conference? I've been out of the loop for a long time, but it seems like that was how it was referenced on this board most of the time. After the CUSA snub, is everyone seeing the Sun Belt as not so bad after all these days?
Since then the SunBelt has surpassed CUSA in football strength and the trend continues as CUSA has just taken the bottom three grid iron performers in the Sunbelt for their media markets.

I think that once people started realizing where we would end up, they did a little research and stopped with the ignorant, outdated perceptions of the SBC.

For the record I've never used such a moniker of the SBC.

vegattk

Unread post by vegattk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Two auto bowls! Godaddy or New Orleans!

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Don't jump vegattk. :lol:

I wonder if biggie is going to hold to his claims about never supporting App, attending games again, etc. he made on the old board? :oops:

vegattk

Unread post by vegattk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:58 pm

RankinApp wrote:Don't jump vegattk. :lol:

I wonder if biggie is going to hold to his claims about never supporting App, attending games again, etc. he made on the old board? :oops:
For some reason I thought Biggie was a pro-fbs guy....

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:00 pm

vegattk wrote:For some reason I thought Biggie was a pro-fbs guy....
No way. I remember thinking I hope there's no sharp knives and shoelaces around while the dude was typing. :lol:

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Since then the SunBelt has surpassed CUSA in football strength and the trend continues as CUSA has just taken the bottom three grid iron performers in the Sunbelt for their media markets.
I agree, when the CUSA expanded they might have been thinking media markets was the ticket (and they might be right). Now however I think they wish they were a little stronger in the football department.

vegattk

Unread post by vegattk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:21 pm

And a thick one too!

appstategrad2008

Unread post by appstategrad2008 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 pm

vegattk wrote:And a thick one too!

Mind if I steal this for my Facebook? Love it.

vegattk

Unread post by vegattk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:25 pm

appstategrad2008 wrote:
vegattk wrote:And a thick one too!

Mind if I steal this for my Facebook? Love it.
Not at all..

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 pm

GlassOnion wrote:ODU delayed their announcement till after June 1 last year, which is the deadline. If we declare Wed. we'll be in the same transition phase with ODU.

So be it. Let's get this party started! :mrgreen:
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”