Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State to the Sun Belt

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
bcoach
School: Appalachian State

Re: App State to the Sun Belt

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:40 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:
bcoach wrote:I have never seen so many guys interested in fashion. We cry we are short on money then we have to have 30 different kinds of uniforms. Just give me the one that helps get us into the end zone and stick with it.
BUT!!!! just let me say this GREY?????
We're not concerned with fashion, just bored during the offseason. No need to jump up on the high horse.

I agree with you on the grey.
Sorry didn't mean to jump on the horse. I just spent a week on vacation and you KNOW that means going in all the little shops and looking at cloths. Now I get back and want to see a little about football and damn if we are not back in the dress shop :lol:

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:43 pm

bcoach wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
bcoach wrote:I have never seen so many guys interested in fashion. We cry we are short on money then we have to have 30 different kinds of uniforms. Just give me the one that helps get us into the end zone and stick with it.
We're not concerned with fashion, just bored during the offseason. No need to jump up on the high horse.

Sorry didn't mean to jump on the horse. I just spent a week on vacation and you KNOW that means going in all the little shops and looking at cloths. Now I get back and want to see a little about football and damn if we are not back in the dress shop :lol:
:lol: I hate clothes shopping...but, at least when guys talk clothing or fashion it's about sports jerseys. That's at least a little redeeming.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:21 pm

GlassOnion wrote:I hate doing things like this that have already been done. Like Boise's smurf turf, then came a bunch of posers.

We need to separate App from the others, not follow them. We need our own brand.

It's called Nike. I'm sure it depends on the deal we get. It's hard to turn it down if it saves us money. My guess is the grey will be used as the alternate jersey. In the end, if it pleases the players and helps attract recruits I won't complain.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:25 pm

hapapp wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:I hate doing things like this that have already been done. Like Boise's smurf turf, then came a bunch of posers.

We need to separate App from the others, not follow them. We need our own brand.

It's called Nike. I'm sure it depends on the deal we get. It's hard to turn it down if it saves us money. My guess is the grey will be used as the alternate jersey. In the end, if it pleases the players and helps attract recruits I won't complain.
Im not talking about clothing brand.

Im talking about being App State rather than Nike State.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:33 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:
bcoach wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:

:lol: I hate clothes shopping...but, at least when guys talk clothing or fashion it's about sports jerseys. That's at least a little redeeming.
I hear you loud and clear. On a serious note though, how do you build an identity when you are costantly changing it. Any question what a Michigan uni looks like or ND or many of the others that have a national identity? Are we a block A, are we a Yosef and if we are which Yosef are we? I just remember the yellow hats from last year and wondering who the heck had the ball :lol: Maybe we haven"t gotten the invite yet because they can't find us!
Now before some of you guys go nuts I am just messin wit ya

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:38 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
hapapp wrote:

You have my vote.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:45 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
hapapp wrote:

Why don't we see what they look like before we diss them? I don't want us to get away from what is our identity either but I will reserve judgment until I actually see them.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:53 pm

hapapp wrote: Why don't we see what they look like before we diss them? I don't want us to get away from what is our identity either but I will reserve judgment until I actually see them.
It doest matter to me what they look like. If all it is, is a copy of somebody else, I dont care for it. Trying to be the same as everyone else isnt what is going to sell our program.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:56 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
hapapp wrote: Why don't we see what they look like before we diss them? I don't want us to get away from what is our identity either but I will reserve judgment until I actually see them.
It doest matter to me what they look like. If all it is, is a copy of somebody else, I dont care for it. Trying to be the same as everyone else isnt what is going to sell our program.
It is if that's what kids are looking for; and from what I can tell, it is.

That's not an endorsement of the practice, but every kid now looks at the Nike Combat unis and that's what they want to wear.

Unread post by 8993 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:17 pm

If everybody is so innovative and thinks that App State is copying what other universities have already done, then come up with something on your own. Yes, we may (or may not) be getting grey uniforms, but what's so wrong with that? Just because another school has black uniforms, does that mean we cannot? We are evolving to fit the times, and to draw in the recruits and crowds, so that's a good thing to me. Anyways, the grey uniforms usually look really great, and none of them look the same, so I believe that App State can pull them off, while also reinventing them next year while we are doing away with ASU and going solely to App State and Appalachian State.

Something I think should be brought up that is off topic, but does anybody think the MAC is considering inviting App State to join? I'm all for the Sun Belt, but geographically, the MAC would make more sense. I could see App and JMU going in together, if JMU was ready, which I don't think they are.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:18 pm

GlassOnion wrote:

As long as they don't look like those Cincy or Notre Dame basketball uniforms from the BE Tourney. :shock:

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:27 pm

hapapp wrote:I didn't realize white was our school color.
You are kidding aren't you?
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:29 pm

hapapp wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:

As long as they don't look like those Cincy or Notre Dame basketball uniforms from the BE Tourney. :shock

Yeah, those shorts definitely clash with the tatoos.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Apparently Adidas has a whole line of these uniforms.

Here is an article about these "uniforms" and the players' reactions to them.

http://www.oregonlive.com/collegebasket ... n_bas.html

ASU1234

Unread post by ASU1234 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:32 pm

GlassOnion wrote:

You do realize our current jerseys are knockoffs of Miami from early 2000's....just saying.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:42 pm

8993 wrote:If everybody is so innovative and thinks that App State is copying what other universities have already done, then come up with something on your own. Yes, we may (or may not) be getting grey uniforms, but what's so wrong with that? Just because another school has black uniforms, does that mean we cannot? We are evolving to fit the times, and to draw in the recruits and crowds, so that's a good thing to me. Anyways, the grey uniforms usually look really great, and none of them look the same, so I believe that App State can pull them off, while also reinventing them next year while we are doing away with ASU and going solely to App State and Appalachian State.

Something I think should be brought up that is off topic, but does anybody think the MAC is considering inviting App State to join? I'm all for the Sun Belt, but geographically, the MAC would make more sense. I could see App and JMU going in together, if JMU was ready, which I don't think they are.
Well there is no need to come up with something. We have something. We didn't wear jeans and tee shirts last year. As far as grey goes, what the heck does that have to do with our school colors? Maybe we shouldn't have school colors any more. Maybe we could have a different color uni each week. Then we could have both teams come out of the same place and have a contest. See who can guess which team is ours. ;)

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:44 pm

ASU1234 wrote: You do realize our current jerseys are knockoffs of Miami from early 2000's....just saying.
There is a big difference between the same "style" and a complete knockoff including color.

Would you take a Michigan jersey, stick a yosef head sticker on the helmet, change the name on the front to Appalachian State, and wear it?

I didnt think so.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:46 pm

I've got to hand it to BooneTown. The guy can get a discussion going with one simple post. He is either a troll extraordinaire, or really has some good insight into App football :lol:

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:48 pm

hapapp wrote:Teams where white because it is a neutral color, as is grey. My point, I guess, was that no one here has seen the uniforms and in typical fashion folks are complaining.
I don't think anyone has to see the uniforms to realize what they will look like in grey. Shoot we should wear a nice shade of neutral tan or some desert camo just to change things up a bit.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

Unread post by 8993 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:53 pm

bcoach wrote:
8993 wrote:If everybody is so innovative and thinks that App State is copying what other universities have already done, then come up with something on your own. Yes, we may (or may not) be getting grey uniforms, but what's so wrong with that? Just because another school has black uniforms, does that mean we cannot? We are evolving to fit the times, and to draw in the recruits and crowds, so that's a good thing to me. Anyways, the grey uniforms usually look really great, and none of them look the same, so I believe that App State can pull them off, while also reinventing them next year while we are doing away with ASU and going solely to App State and Appalachian State.

Well there is no need to come up with something. We have something. We didn't wear jeans and tee shirts last year. As far as grey goes, what the heck does that have to do with our school colors? Maybe we shouldn't have school colors any more. Maybe we could have a different color uni each week. Then we could have both teams come out of the same place and have a contest. See who can guess which team is ours. ;)
Yes, we may have something, but we are rebranding. What's wrong with using something different that what we have? I understand the tradition argument, but we can't always wait for tradition. Just because we are possibly using grey uniforms does not mean that we are ripping off every other school that has had a grey uniform. Having a grey uniform is not like using a blue uniform, or a red uniform. Grey is a neutral color, a mix between black and white. What's so bad about grey? I don't get it. If you think we're losing our identity because of grey uniforms, then you should probably petition Appalachian State for getting rid of the retro Yosef at the end of the year too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”