Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

GA State doesn't want GA Southern in SB

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
ASUMountaineer
School: Appalachian State

Re: GA State doesn't want GA Southern in SB

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:16 am

Maddog1956 wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:
Yes, the Western game is such a rivalry and so valuable, it happens to be the game we usually rest our starter. Hallock, Jackson, Presley, and Cadet, have ALL started against Western as the #2 QB. Kind of funny for a must win rivalrly game, isnt it?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
so funny just not true.... (where do you getting your facts from, you know there is a thing called Google)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
entered in the first quarter after starting quarterback Jamal Jackson injured his knee.
Jamel was the starting QB in 2012 wasn't he? And Hallock was one of two next in line. Steven Miller rushed for 245 yards for APP and we only came out 11 point ahead? Interesting, the way you guys are talking we should have blew them out 44-0.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now for the peanuts, still interested in this topic let me restate the my point....

Close games ... #1 in attendance ... close in-state schools ... opportunity to win .... tradition ... FBS teams usually play one FCS school...

Yeah, no reason to play them.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/appalachia ... ncaaf.html
Now, I'm convinced you're just trolling.

Seriously, App State will never travel to Cullowhee if App is FBS and WCU is FCS--it just won't happen. Why would App State take a loss in revenue to go play at WCU? Now, App State, I am sure, will schedule WCU to play in Boone occasionally if App goes FBS. It would be easy money for App State.

With that said, there is zero chance that an FBS App State would 1) travel to Cullowhee and 2) maintain a "rivalry" game annually with an FCS team. Just.Won't.Happen.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:25 am

ASUMountaineer wrote: Now, I'm convinced you're just trolling.

Seriously, App State will never travel to Cullowhee if App is FBS and WCU is FCS--it just won't happen. Why would App State take a loss in revenue to go play at WCU? Now, App State, I am sure, will schedule WCU to play in Boone occasionally if App goes FBS. It would be easy money for App State.

With that said, there is zero chance that an FBS App State would 1) travel to Cullowhee and 2) maintain a "rivalry" game annually with an FCS team. Just.Won't.Happen.
I agree with your statement with regard to football, but I do hope that App maintains a relationship with WCU for other sports. Basketball, Baseball and Track all have great rivalries...although not as visible as the Battle for the Ole Mountain Jug.

For football, I think we'll continue scheduling WCU occasionally but I would expect a hiatus when we move up. For a while, our scheduling of home games will be focused on finding FBS programs who will visit Boone so that we meet eligibility requirements. WCU is focused on revenue games, and we won't have the budget to make big payments. Ultimately, I wouldn't be surprised if we see WCU & Furman pop up on the schedule on a rotating basis...but probably not initially. Just my guess.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:54 am

We will likely try and schedule many SoCon schools for non-football sports as they are close.

I'd like to see a long series signed for basketball with DC. Baseball with WCU, Elon, Citadel, etc.

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:04 am

Saint3333 wrote:We will likely try and schedule many SoCon schools for non-football sports as they are close.

I'd like to see a long series signed for basketball with DC. Baseball with WCU, Elon, Citadel, etc.
Davidson and CofC will be in the same boat. I have a feeling this will push the Wildcats to the CAA, or maybe the A10 wants to maintain a presence in Charlotte, and the costs of getting on a plane, instead of a bus, will be soothed greatly by NCAA Tournament credits left on the table by the likes of Butler and Xavier. Still, they'll want some close bus trips, as will we.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”