Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sun Belt to Discuss Our Membership March 9th

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Sun Belt to Discuss Our Membership March 9th

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:54 pm

JCline0429 wrote:
firemoose wrote:
Maddog1956 wrote:I don't think anyone knows for sure because I don't think the SB knows for sure. Benson sounded like he maybe had the votes (for something) but he doesn't want to be 6 or 7 to 10 (or how many voting members there are). He knows he keeps his job if all the members walk away fairly happy. Right now there sounds like there are several configurations that are acceptable to some of the schools but none that are acceptable to all.

I heard nothing that made it seem that APP or GS is in at this time. I think both would improve the SB football side of things or make a better SB foot print in the south but I'm not really sure that is important to them. There could be many criteria that's more important. I don't know much at all about the SB or any of the school that are in it so I couldn't even guess what is important to them.

I would have thought that APP in the CUSA was an ideal fit also.

APP and GS may already be in and that would be great, but nothing he said gave any clue that the SB even knew what they were going to do themselves.
It's not just the SB. It's pretty much every FBS conference, even the Big 5 (4). No one knows what they are going to be doing yet. And until the Maryland case is decided no one will. Some moves will be made by the Go5 to position themselves but major moves will wait. And just because a team makes a move, or in our case moves up, that does not mean that is where they will be in a couple of years or even a few months. It's going to be three to five years before this whole thing is sorted out. Our best bet is to move up if offered and then see where things fall.

We might have to bite a hard bullet for a year or two (I doubt it will take that long but might as well plan for worse case) but when the moves are made and the real path that the huge amounts of money is going to take comes to light then the rest of the conferences will realign to give their members the best possible financial situation. This is going to take a while to play out but you can't dance if you aren't inside the dance hall.

Some dance halls aren't worthy of entering. ;)
Better than the middle school gym. 8-)
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

GlassOnion

Re: Sun Belt to Discuss Our Membership March 9th

Unread post by GlassOnion » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:53 am

Troy just signed Boise St to a home/home. If we could sign just 1 home game similar to that a year, while plaing GSU, Troy, WKU, maybe an ODU or even a UNCCee, we'd have the opportunity to build this program further.

We have maxed out attendance at ~31,000. With that schedule we could be 35,000+. A better gameday atmosphere means better recruiting, better recruiting begets more wins. More wins, more money better facilities and so on.

If we apply our resources smartly, and fully buy into the move as a fanbase, like ODU did coming into FCS, we'll not be an also ran FBS team.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”