Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

From the Winston-Salem Journal

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
appst89
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

From the Winston-Salem Journal

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Not much new here, but it was posted just a little over an hour ago.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/asu/fo ... f6878.html

mountaineerman

Re: From the Winston-Salem Journal

Unread post by mountaineerman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:09 pm

I am really concerned with the feel of this article this is taking the fun out of the whole process

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:16 pm

mountaineerman wrote:I am really concerned with the feel of this article this is taking the fun out of the whole process
I'm not getting good vibes either, but there is so much going on behind the scenes that I don't think we can do anything but take a wait-and-see approach. I still don't believe that the Sun Belt, or any other potential destination, is going to make any announcement while we are still in the playoffs. It just wouldn't be good for either side.

skjellyfetti

Unread post by skjellyfetti » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Well, this is discouraging. Sounds like Cobb knows nothing more than any of us. :?
I just don’t have a lot of that information right now. I would think we’re on radar screens. The question is, are we on the top of the list, the bottom of the list or in the middle?

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Cobb is just not going to say anything right now. Why would he with everything going on right now (playoffs??????) ?
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

GoAppsGo92

Unread post by GoAppsGo92 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:30 pm

HighPointApp wrote:Cobb is just not going to say anything right now. Why would he with everything going on right now (playoffs??????) ?
Hmm... then you are suggesting that Charlie is lying to the reporter to tamp down conference talk until after the playoffs?

Wouldn't it be better to for Charlie to simply say he has no comment at all?

Why would he give off the impression that he is scrambling for information and waiting to talk to Benson if he has been talking to him all along?

Here is what I think: Charlie is telling the truth, and Benson has no marching orders from the SBC presidents on how to proceed.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:35 pm

GoAppsGo92 wrote:
HighPointApp wrote:Cobb is just not going to say anything right now. Why would he with everything going on right now (playoffs??????) ?
Hmm... then you are suggesting that Charlie is lying to the reporter to tamp down conference talk until after the playoffs?

Wouldn't it be better to for Charlie to simply say he has no comment at all?

Why would he give off the impression that he is scrambling for information and waiting to talk to Benson if he has been talking to him all along?

Here is what I think: Charlie is telling the truth, and Benson has no marching orders from the SBC presidents on how to proceed.
We both don't know squat about what's going to happen. Being a proud alumni I would love to see us move. If we don't I'm not changing how much I love my university. There are people on this board being ignornant and posting out of their a$$es. Nobody will know anything until it happens or it doesn't happen.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

GoAppsGo92

Unread post by GoAppsGo92 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 pm

My post was on volume 5, and yours on volume 20. I was just honestly asking the question. Your post was suggesting that Charlie lied to Tommy Bowman because he doesn't want to talk about it. We all know that happens from time to time, but I was simply asking why you thought that way, and what would the motivation be? I suggest that Charlie is being accurate, and if he has not heard directly from Benson, it's because Benson has not been authorized by the SBC presidents to do so. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:58 pm

I'm thinking some of us are reading way too much into every comment or story, whether they be from Charlie Cobb or that blogger in Kansas. The SunBelt does not have to hurry to make any decision and it has been mentioned plenty that we are in the mix no matter what some of the attitudes are around here about whether or not Cobb is doing enough. The fact that he said he has been on the phone all day tells me he's working on it. And I bet all of his phone conversations have not been about the SunBelt. Let's all just wait and see what happens once all the possibles are done with the playoffs.
WE ARE YOSEF!

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:01 pm

GoAppsGo92 wrote:My post was on volume 5, and yours on volume 20. I was just honestly asking the question. Your post was suggesting that Charlie lied to Tommy Bowman because he doesn't want to talk about it. We all know that happens from time to time, but I was simply asking why you thought that way, and what would the motivation be? I suggest that Charlie is being accurate, and if he has not heard directly from Benson, it's because Benson has not been authorized by the SBC presidents to do so. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

This is a dead topic to me now. I've said my piece and I'll lose no sleep over where or what division we play football in. If we had to go to D II for athletics to survive, I'd be right there supporting the school.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Playoffs have no bearing on what goes on in the administrative offices. Jerry Moore is coaching the team and the team is preparing to face Illinois State. Other than that, it's no distraction.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

HappyHippie

Unread post by HappyHippie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Cobb cares about himself and himself only. If anyone thinks he cares about Appalachian States future, you are fooled.

MountainMan

Unread post by MountainMan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:10 pm

HappyHippie wrote:Cobb cares about himself and himself only. If anyone thinks he cares about Appalachian States future, you are fooled.
Not.

HappyHippie

Unread post by HappyHippie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Yep

GoAppsGo92

Unread post by GoAppsGo92 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:12 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
GoAppsGo92 wrote:My post was on volume 5, and yours on volume 20. I was just honestly asking the question. Your post was suggesting that Charlie lied to Tommy Bowman because he doesn't want to talk about it. We all know that happens from time to time, but I was simply asking why you thought that way, and what would the motivation be? I suggest that Charlie is being accurate, and if he has not heard directly from Benson, it's because Benson has not been authorized by the SBC presidents to do so. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

This is a dead topic to me now. I've said my piece and I'll lose no sleep over where or what division we play football in. If we had to go to D II for athletics to survive, I'd be right there supporting the school.
So much passion for a dead issue. :) I agree with what you said: no matter what I'm an ASU fan for life, but this is without a doubt one of the most pivotal moments in ASU's history, and that of course makes it a good conversation subject as well.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Hippie. If Cobb can't move ASU to the FBS level, its not as likely that he moves to the next level.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:28 pm

for Cobb's professional career, you better believe he wants to add to his resume' that he took App to the next level. Its not going to look good for him during the interview process at a BCS school, trying to explain how with all of Apps resources, he could not get them moved up.

HappyHippie

Unread post by HappyHippie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Hear that VA. Money is a bitch.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:49 pm

HappyHippie wrote:Hear that VA. Money is a bitch.
It's what keeps the lights on and food on the table.

HappyHippie

Unread post by HappyHippie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Yep, the power bill is outrageous.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”