Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

please let us play in the 11th ranked conference

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

please let us play in the 11th ranked conference

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 pm

i just read that the sunbelt was ranked 11th out of 11. could someone tell me why we would want to play in a conference where our closest opponent would be over 6-7 hours away? why we would want to play in a bowl that might be in a shithole and not at least control our own destiny in the playoffs? i hate this conference repositioning crap and when it comes down to it...the money talks. id like to move up but i darn sure would like to travel to a game from time to time that doesnt involve time zone changes on a weekly basis. south alabama??? what a football history they have in their long 4 year span...geprgia state...dont blink...you might drive by their towering one building campus...who's next on the radar..the unversity of phoenix or devry university or itt tech? jesus, mary and yosef! this is getting freakin' ridiculous!
Last edited by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

Re: please let us play in the 11th ranked conference

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:40 pm

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:i just read that the sunbelt was ranked 11th out of 11. could someone tell me why we would want to play in a conference where our closest opponent would be over 6-7 hours away? why we would want to play in a bowl that might be in a shithole and not at least control our own destiny in the playoffs? i hate this conference repositioning crap and when it comes down to it...the money talks. id like to move up but i darn sure would like to travel to a game from time to time that doesnt involve time zone changes on a weekly basis. south alabama??? what a football history they have inthere long 4 year span...geprgia state...dont blink...you might drive by their towering one building campus...who's next on the radar..the unversity of phoenix or devry university or itt tech? jesus, mary and yosef! this is getting freakin' ridiculous!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc12.htm

Uh....You mean 8th, just behind the ACC?

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:44 pm

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:i just read that the sunbelt was ranked 11th out of 11. could someone tell me why we would want to play in a conference where our closest opponent would be over 6-7 hours away? why we would want to play in a bowl that might be in a shithole and not at least control our own destiny in the playoffs? i hate this conference repositioning crap and when it comes down to it...the money talks. id like to move up but i darn sure would like to travel to a game from time to time that doesnt involve time zone changes on a weekly basis. south alabama??? what a football history they have inthere long 4 year span...geprgia state...dont blink...you might drive by their towering one building campus...who's next on the radar..the unversity of phoenix or devry university or itt tech? jesus, mary and yosef! this is getting freakin' ridiculous!

All those folks in charge of making all these conference moves must be idiots. ASU leadership should just put their head in the sand and let all this commotion pass over. :roll:

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Mapquest Boone to Atlanta form me. Unless you stop at every exit along the way it wont take 6-7 hours.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

nomadb

Unread post by nomadb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:47 pm

If GaSo comes with us and potentially JMU, you have some pretty good old school App rivalries there. GaState is in Atlanta which is a pretty short drive. I doubt most people go to more than 2 or 3 away games a year anyway, so if you fall in that category, this should be just fine.

I will dearly miss the playoffs but apparently the BCS is setting a spot in the playoff picture for a mid-major school/conference so we may one day find ourselves there

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:01 pm

If Georgia Southern leaves, we could be stuck in the 4th or 5th best FCS conference. That is a scary proposition.

FWIW, the Sun Belt is 11-5 on the field against C-USA over the past two seasons.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 pm

FWIW. There is some good BBQ in South Alabama. It's not North Carolina ( eastern or western), but Dreamland Barbeque is very good.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:18 pm

If the Sun Belt is ranked 11th, that puts the Socon about 15th.

I hate how all these FCS lovers claim Division1 membership and scream and whine when called Division 2, and draw an invisible line to exclude the best of college football to justify their greatness.

ggasu

Unread post by ggasu » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:40 pm

GlassOnion wrote:If the Sun Belt is ranked 11th, that puts the Socon about 15th.

I hate how all these FCS lovers claim Division1 membership and scream and whine when called Division 2, and draw an invisible line to exclude the best of college football to justify their greatness.
This year the Sun Belt is ranked 8th while Southern is 16th.

Last year Sun Belt was 12th Southern 16th

In 2010 the Southern was ranked ahead of the Sun Belt.....Southern 12th Sun Belt 16th

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc10.htm

Just change the numbers after fbc to get end of year rankings

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:20 pm

There is just no pleasing some people.
Some would question us being given a billion dollars and invited into the SEC.

You get wherever you are going by taking the first step.
You don't plan to go a mile, take one step, stop and ask why you are not there yet.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:11 pm

im just ranting about the life of fbs in general...yes we're all app fans but i'd betcha 80 % still keep an eye toward the acc and look whats happened to that conference. from miami to boston...the travel...the expense. i thought bowls and athletics was all about the student athletes. guess the almighty buckaroo has the last say. and yes, i forgot about ga. state (4.5 hrs away) playing football and coincidentally, so have the fans of ga. state for that matter. look...i dont travel to a lot of the away games...mrsbeerhatguy would $hit a brick if i tried to get away with not being around all fall but you gotta admit, its fun to get a call from a buddy who says..."c'mon and lets meet at elon or the whee or spartanburg...or a beech trip to charleston." i will wager that 85 % won't travel to a single game other than a ga. state because it'll be long drives on short weekends. just my terrible 2 cents worth but you dont like my opinion...no problem...start your own gripe page. the only scenario ill like will be a ga. so., app, jmwho, and someother closer destinations with hopefully a few old rivalries...ps...screw unc-c they wont play us and dont want us to jopin their attempt a fielding a winning product...they can kiss it too! damn, im getting crankier in my old age...for those of you who dont know, mrsbeerhatguy is about to bring forth another beerhatchild..so i'm a little on edge until yosef howard's knob harris is born in january.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:34 am

Congrats BeerHatGuy on BeerHatChild!!!

My wife and I attend about 9-10 games a year...some seasons, all 11 + playoffs. So moving up to FBS will definitely change our travel plans...BUT...I think we must make the move into whichever Conf issues an invite. I too, would like to see the SB add us and GSU/JMU!!!

My wife said that we would pick a couple of travel games a year and go to any bowl game that App plays in...is she a "keeper" or what...LOL!!!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:16 am

Wait, he procreated? We are all in trouble.

Congrats though.

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:25 am

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:guess the almighty buckaroo has the last say.
yes he does!

and i say GO APPS!
Go APPS!

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:52 am

Dear Mr Beer Hat,

I wish you would give it a try anyway. If your wife is all you say she is, I'd love to build a new facade to hide all the aluminum on the East Side, I will personally provide the mortar... :D

Congrats on the new addition!

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:44 am

ASUPATCH wrote:
Mapquest Boone to Atlanta form me. Unless you stop at every exit along the way it wont take 6-7 hours.
How many teams in the proposed coference located in Atlanta? How many require plane travel?
Last edited by JCline0429 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a.k.a JC0429

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 am

GoApps70 wrote:There is just no pleasing some people.
Some would question us being given a billion dollars and invited into the SEC.

You get wherever you are going by taking the first step.
You don't plan to go a mile, take one step, stop and ask why you are not there yet.
A billion dollars and the SEC. Which fans do you know of who would question that?
a.k.a JC0429

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:49 am

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:im just ranting about the life of fbs in general...yes we're all app fans but i'd betcha 80 % still keep an eye toward the acc and look whats happened to that conference. from miami to boston...the travel...the expense. i thought bowls and athletics was all about the student athletes. guess the almighty buckaroo has the last say. and yes, i forgot about ga. state (4.5 hrs away) playing football and coincidentally, so have the fans of ga. state for that matter. look...i dont travel to a lot of the away games...mrsbeerhatguy would $hit a brick if i tried to get away with not being around all fall but you gotta admit, its fun to get a call from a buddy who says..."c'mon and lets meet at elon or the whee or spartanburg...or a beech trip to charleston." i will wager that 85 % won't travel to a single game other than a ga. state because it'll be long drives on short weekends. just my terrible 2 cents worth but you dont like my opinion...no problem...start your own gripe page. the only scenario ill like will be a ga. so., app, jmwho, and someother closer destinations with hopefully a few old rivalries...ps...screw unc-c they wont play us and dont want us to jopin their attempt a fielding a winning product...they can kiss it too! damn, im getting crankier in my old age...for those of you who dont know, mrsbeerhatguy is about to bring forth another beerhatchild..so i'm a little on edge until yosef howard's knob harris is born in january.
At least you're one of the few who has the courage to point our some of the pitfalls.
a.k.a JC0429

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Yosef Howard's Knob Harris. I like it. Congrats. I can see a really good reality show opportunity coming for you and the family :lol:

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:59 pm

One of the funniest posts ever.
a.k.a JC0429

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”