please let us play in the 11th ranked conference

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
ASUPATCH
School: Appalachian State

Re: please let us play in the 11th ranked conference

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:10 pm

JCline0429 wrote:
ASUPATCH wrote:
PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:i just read that the sunbelt was ranked 11th out of 11. could someone tell me why we would want to play in a conference where our closest opponent would be over 6-7 hours away? why we would want to play in a bowl that might be in a shithole and not at least control our own destiny in the playoffs? i hate this conference repositioning crap and when it comes down to it...the money talks. id like to move up but i darn sure would like to travel to a game from time to time that doesnt involve time zone changes on a weekly basis. south alabama??? what a football history they have inthere long 4 year span...geprgia state...dont blink...you might drive by their towering one building campus...who's next on the radar..the unversity of phoenix or devry university or itt tech? jesus, mary and yosef! this is getting freakin' ridiculous!
Mapquest Boone to Atlanta form me. Unless you stop at every exit along the way it wont take 6-7 hours.
How many teams in the proposed coference located in Atlanta? How many require plane travel?
In the proposed plan it would be Atlanta and Statesboro. The problem with using this train of thought is that there are only two division one conferences that fit what you want. The Socon and the Acc. The Acc isnt giving us an invite any time soon and The Socon will be even more travel friendly for you when Gardner Webb or Presby replace GaSouth. Even in the CAA you are flying to Maine NH RI Delaware, Towson, Hostra and probably even W and M. Ask Boise State how bad flying to every single away game since they moved up has hampered them. Montana currently flies to evey away game but 1 every other year at MSU and they made a record amount of playoff appearences in a row on an FCS budget. Same goes for NDSU UNI MonSt EWU all premerier fcs teams and rarely get to drive.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 pm

JCline0429 wrote:
PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:i just read that the sunbelt was ranked 11th out of 11. could someone tell me why we would want to play in a conference where our closest opponent would be over 6-7 hours away? why we would want to play in a bowl that might be in a shithole and not at least control our own destiny in the playoffs? i hate this conference repositioning crap and when it comes down to it...the money talks. id like to move up but i darn sure would like to travel to a game from time to time that doesnt involve time zone changes on a weekly basis. south alabama??? what a football history they have inthere long 4 year span...geprgia state...dont blink...you might drive by their towering one building campus...who's next on the radar..the unversity of phoenix or devry university or itt tech? jesus, mary and yosef! this is getting freakin' ridiculous!

One of the funniest posts ever.
jcline liking my posts and even calling one funny...the mayans were right...the world is ending in three + weeks... :mrgreen:

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:01 pm

yea but when I talk to my friends from State and Carolina I can say "we're big time too"! :shock:

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:32 am

A couple of poster must own some FCS bulletin boards or something else FCS related. See no other reason for wanting to kill off our football program by remaining in the FCS.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

GoAppsGo92

Unread post by GoAppsGo92 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:49 am

GoApps70 wrote:A couple of poster must own some FCS bulletin boards or something else FCS related. See no other reason for wanting to kill off our football program by remaining in the FCS.
This is the last stand for the FCS or (and) bust crowd. Let them have their last uprising. I'm so glad that this issue will be over soon (eventhough it's been over for nearly a year), so we can move on. Way, way, way overdue. :roll:

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:12 am

GoAppsGo92 wrote:
GoApps70 wrote:A couple of poster must own some FCS bulletin boards or something else FCS related. See no other reason for wanting to kill off our football program by remaining in the FCS.
This is the last stand for the FCS or (and) bust crowd. Let them have their last uprising. I'm so glad that this issue will be over soon (eventhough it's been over for nearly a year), so we can move on. Way, way, way overdue. :roll:
And the FBS or bust crowd can crow loudly, pat themselves on the back and run straight to the water cooler to brag to their co-workers. Meanwhile, the make a smart decision crowd, which comprises the majority of the fanbase, will continue to wait and see what happens from this.

GoAppsGo92

Unread post by GoAppsGo92 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Count me as one that will be happy with any of the possible logical choices (SBC, MAC or CUSA) as one or the other comes to pass in the coming weeks. Bragging at the water cooler? I don't know about that. Count me as someone that's in the "smart decision" crowd that has looked at this issue and the risks associated with it, and can only come to one conclusion: It's time for Appalachian State's evolution to include our athletic program.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”