Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Championship Game

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Championship Game

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:28 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:17 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:09 pm
postalapp90 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:38 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:28 pm
postalapp90 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:18 pm
A lame duck tipped hail mary pass likely kept Troy from the NY6 game
I don't think we could assume that. If Tulane wins today their resume is better. If it was really close the committee would have had Troy ranked 23-25 already. Tulane had the loss to USM but they will have gotten revenge on their loss to UCF and have 2 top 25 wins. Troy would have a loss to a .500 App team and unranked Ole Miss team.
Troy would be on a 12 game win streak with an opening day loss at ranked Mississippi. They wouldn't have a loss to .500 appalachian state so I feel sure they would be ranked higher than Tulane
My bad on the last sentence. You are talking about if we had lost to them. Remember that the committee views the AAC as a little stronger, which they are until those 3 teams leave.

I would not say this if Troy was already ranked and South Alabama was in the 26-28 range of the polls and CFP's top team not ranked heading into this weekend but that is not the case. You could make a strong case for South Alabama to be ranked with a 10-2 record and only losses are 1 point to top 15 UCLA and 4 points to SBC Champion and likely top 25 this week Troy. If they viewed our league as equal or better than the AAC then Troy would be 19-21 and South Alabama would be 23-25 in the CFP this week.
It would be hard to keep Tulane out with the win against the Big12 champ @ Kansas St. That is an impressive win.

Tulane deserves it this year but I think the AAC is about to have a hard time with strength of schedule. The new g5 is going to be a dog fight. Unfortunately with the money (NIL) and the things Liberty is going to be willing (AKA Louisville) to do, they will be tough to out rank.
Just curious- do you sleep? Time stamp on posts. 😆😆

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:31 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:17 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:09 pm
postalapp90 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:38 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:28 pm
postalapp90 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:18 pm
A lame duck tipped hail mary pass likely kept Troy from the NY6 game
I don't think we could assume that. If Tulane wins today their resume is better. If it was really close the committee would have had Troy ranked 23-25 already. Tulane had the loss to USM but they will have gotten revenge on their loss to UCF and have 2 top 25 wins. Troy would have a loss to a .500 App team and unranked Ole Miss team.
Troy would be on a 12 game win streak with an opening day loss at ranked Mississippi. They wouldn't have a loss to .500 appalachian state so I feel sure they would be ranked higher than Tulane
My bad on the last sentence. You are talking about if we had lost to them. Remember that the committee views the AAC as a little stronger, which they are until those 3 teams leave.

I would not say this if Troy was already ranked and South Alabama was in the 26-28 range of the polls and CFP's top team not ranked heading into this weekend but that is not the case. You could make a strong case for South Alabama to be ranked with a 10-2 record and only losses are 1 point to top 15 UCLA and 4 points to SBC Champion and likely top 25 this week Troy. If they viewed our league as equal or better than the AAC then Troy would be 19-21 and South Alabama would be 23-25 in the CFP this week.
It would be hard to keep Tulane out with the win against the Big12 champ @ Kansas St. That is an impressive win.

Tulane deserves it this year but I think the AAC is about to have a hard time with strength of schedule. The new g5 is going to be a dog fight. Unfortunately with the money (NIL) and the things Liberty is going to be willing (AKA Louisville) to do, they will be tough to out rank.
One they lose their top teams the Sun Belt will be top G5 league but no doubt that the AAC still had advantage this year.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:58 pm

Basically, every conference needs an automatic qualifier to be a true playoff and not an invitational tournament.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”