Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

FSU threatens to go BIG10

appdaze

Re: FSU threatens to go BIG10

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:35 pm

Well, the ACC just laid their nuts on the table. Lets see if they are big enough.

Bootsy
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:24 pm

Regardless of where FSU ends up, once again...the lawyers win.

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:44 am

Bootsy wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:24 pm
Regardless of where FSU ends up, once again...the lawyers win.
Makes me want to switch career fields sometimes. Damn.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:32 am

Whenever a college football team kind of comes out of nowhere and looks phenomenal the skeptical part of me goes hmmm. Then they fall back to earth and often you hear of some shady stuff. Not to say they fall into this category but UCF seems to have bitten off more than they can chew. Moved up in class and went 6-7. I know it's a huge school but are they the cautionary tale of getting ahead of yourself? Do they pay out big NIL or are they simply able to get Florida kids?

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:14 am

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:34 pm

Not sure exactly what "probation" is for Level 2 penalties. If means not opportunity to play in ACC championship or playoffs....I am thinking they may lose a few more to portal.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... violations
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:39 pm

FSU will end up in either Big 10 because that conference doesn't have a team in Florida, or they'll end up in the SEC because the SEC will want to keep the Big 10 from getting that. This was discussed in another thread...I actually think it's going to be very good for interest and viewership to have all the great brands concentrated into leagues and get multiple great matchups every week.

The ONLY..ONLY...thing I care about in terms of the ACC breakup is that wherever UNC goes, Duke gets to go with them...that would be one of the biggest sports tragedies ever if that rivalry got broken up. And yes UNC is leaving...they're probably the most valuable ACC property. Yeh Duke doesn't bring anything for football value, but talk about upgrading your brand....a conference bringing in UNC and Duke would now own THE best cbb rivalry in history.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:11 am

Should FSU leave the ACC latest backfill candidates

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 804a&ei=23
BLACK SATURDAY

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:26 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:11 am
Should FSU leave the ACC latest backfill candidates

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 804a&ei=23
I'd love for the ACC to take Memphis, USF and Tulane. That opens the door for ECU and a Western AAC team to join the Belt.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:36 am

WVU should have been an ACC team long ago - long term rivals with VT, Pitt, Syracuse, UVA, Miami ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

rbarthle17
Site Admin

Unread post by rbarthle17 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:25 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:41 am
I agree on Miami. It is a pro sports town. Team only gets support when winning. Wonder what the TV viewership is when they are on TV? Does it move the needle?
You mean to tell me The 🙌🏻 isn't back yet??!!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:34 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:36 am
WVU should have been an ACC team long ago - long term rivals with VT, Pitt, Syracuse, UVA, Miami ---
Does WVU have the money? They are cutting whole departments on the academic side and the state had peak population in 1950 census. Since then 5 of 8 census counts has the state losing population and with coal moving in the direction it is I don't see that changing.

(I don't mean any of this as anti-WV, but just asking the questions that came to my mind.)
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:36 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:34 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Does WVU have the money? They are cutting whole departments on the academic side and the state had peak population in 1950 census. Since then 5 of 8 census counts has the state losing population and with coal moving in the direction it is I don't see that changing.

(I don't mean any of this as anti-WV, but just asking the questions that came to my mind.)
Is it also that combined with TV market. What major TV market would be added if add WVA. Personally, be fine given rivals ...but. It all about the money in today's world
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:52 pm

This is hard for Seminole fans to hear but nobody wants them. The Big10 is going to have 18 teams next year. They could get to 20 if they want but if they did, FSU is so far down the pecking order that it isn’t conceivable that they get a bite. The BIG covets UNC and UVA from the ACC. They probably still want to make a run at ND and if they really want to get into Florida, Miami solves that problem and is a better academic fit than FSU. Not to mention, they could always go West and pick up Stanford and Cal to go with the other 4 Pac cast offs.

The SEC doesn’t need them. They already have the Florida market and it is an ESPN property so why would they want to give FSU more money than they already do. I’m not sure that FSU fully understands what the end game is going to look like if they get their way and break the GOR.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:11 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:36 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:34 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:

Is it also that combined with TV market. What major TV market would be added if add WVA. Personally, be fine given rivals ...but. It all about the money in today's world
TV markets were implied by my mention of population. I think the biggest city is the size of Burlington. I am not sure of the biggest metro area and TV market. That is easy to find on Wikipedia but I assume they are not cracking the top 120 media markets.

A shame it comes down to that and not other factors but that is what life is like for money driven college athletics.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:32 pm

You guys are all correct about what is happening in academics at WVU and also about the economy - Absolutely no hard feelings about these comments. The one thing that can't be taken in account is the huge numbers of West Virginians across the nation who follow WVU and watch all games. I have friends and relatives all around the country who are watching. They bring huge crowds to events like bowl games and away football games, but you guys are right about TV markets - they are in the Pittsburgh market, as stated, which brings nothing new -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:27 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:52 pm
This is hard for Seminole fans to hear but nobody wants them. The Big10 is going to have 18 teams next year. They could get to 20 if they want but if they did, FSU is so far down the pecking order that it isn’t conceivable that they get a bite. The BIG covets UNC and UVA from the ACC. They probably still want to make a run at ND and if they really want to get into Florida, Miami solves that problem and is a better academic fit than FSU. Not to mention, they could always go West and pick up Stanford and Cal to go with the other 4 Pac cast offs.

The SEC doesn’t need them. They already have the Florida market and it is an ESPN property so why would they want to give FSU more money than they already do. I’m not sure that FSU fully understands what the end game is going to look like if they get their way and break the GOR.
AMEN brother!!! BTW FSU sucks donkey ****.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:09 pm

A potential geography victory for the ACC.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... d-nc-judge
#99ForPresident!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:14 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:09 pm
A potential geography victory for the ACC.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... d-nc-judge
It's a great time not to be an FSU fan. It gives me a headache just thinking about how long all of this will drag out. By the time the lawsuits wrap up, FSU's legal expenses will equal what they'll owe the ACC for GOR payments.

InFor6More

Unread post by InFor6More » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 pm

I long for the days of RayCom ACC basketball on Thursday nights, staying up past bedtime to watch Curtis Staples and Lakista McCuller, but not Donald Williams….never Donald Williams.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”