Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The James Madison Way

Black Saturday
School: Appalachian State

The James Madison Way

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:32 am

Carolina can get their WAY, why not JMU? No need for any rules in today's world, because no one feels they are applicable to them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 4ce7d&ei=3

"This current James Madison team is good enough to make their FBS bowl debut in the Cotton, Peach or Fiesta bowls."

I have no argument that they aren't.
BLACK SATURDAY

ASUTodd

Re: The James Madison Way

Unread post by ASUTodd » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:38 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:32 am
Carolina can get their WAY, why not JMU? No need for any rules in today's world, because no one feels they are applicable to them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 4ce7d&ei=3

"This current James Madison team is good enough to make their FBS bowl debut in the Cotton, Peach or Fiesta bowls."

I have no argument that they aren't.
Can't blame them for trying. I'm sure we would be doing the same if we were in their shoes. The best way to nip this in the bud is to surprise the crap out of them and beat them. Nothing would be more obnoxious than a bunch of loud hillbillies, from the mountains of NC, coming to Harrisonburg for the sole purpose of rubbing in a humiliating loss. We can remind them of the goal line fumble, over and over and over again.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:50 am

I would hope we would do the same back in the day sans outlining we should be in a particular bowl. Not sure how NCAA can approve this as it would seem open to litigation to a team or teams that thought they should be in NY6 game or another particular bowl game that JMU wound be selected if that particular bowl game has a high payout. The path of least resistance for NCAA is to deny. Not saying I agree or disagree... however, NCAA may surprise people.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:56 am

We would absolutely be doing the same thing and can't blame them. We are going to knock them out of the top 15 but these rules don't need to be changed until after the season ends.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:47 am

My dream scenario. They get approved and crush UConn breaking the top 20. Lose to us. Coastal loses to Texas State. JMU loses to Coastal. We beat the Georgia’s. We have tie breaker over JMU to Championship game and they don’t go to NY6 or even NO Bowl.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:55 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:47 am
My dream scenario. They get approved and crush UConn breaking the top 20. Lose to us. Coastal loses to Texas State. JMU loses to Coastal. We beat the Georgia’s. We have tie breaker over JMU to Championship game and they don’t go to NY6 or even NO Bowl.
So your saying we kinda, sorta, maybe control our own destiny. All of our goals are still ahead of us.
#99ForPresident!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:02 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:55 am
So your saying we kinda, sorta, maybe control our own destiny. All of our goals are still ahead of us.
Almost. We need Coastal to lose to Texas State and Coastal to beat JMU. If JMU beats Coastal and they get approved, they still go to championship game. If Coastal beats both JMU and Texas State, they go.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:15 am

Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:02 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Almost. We need Coastal to lose to Texas State and Coastal to beat JMU. If JMU beats Coastal and they get approved, they still go to championship game. If Coastal beats both JMU and Texas State, they go.
I do believe Tx. St. can best CCU. However, CCU beating jmu will be difficult. So, let's hope no waiver for jmu🤣🤣
#99ForPresident!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:21 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
I don't think that JMU is eligible for the SBC championship game. So, if that's true, we only need Coastal to lose either to Tx State or JMU. and we have to win out. Totally doable...

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:24 am

Does Jacksonville State also get a waiver? They're technically bowl eligible. One one hand I feel the rule is out dated, especially with the openness of the transfer portal. On the other hand, they knew it was the rule when they joined, and should an exception be made just because of their record? Maybe. Would they be up in arms and making national news if they were only sitting at 6 wins now? Probably not.

As for the NY6 bid...

What about Tulane who currently sits at the highest ranked G5 team. You just tell them with a month to go in the season that they're potentially no longer the highest ranked squad because of a mid season rule change? Is that fair to their players? Or Liberty who could likely go undefeated as well, are they forgotten although eligible? Let's say they give JMU the opportunity to play in a NY6 bowl and get demolished. Would questions be raised at that point about the decision?

I would hope these are all things the NCAA would consider before just giving in to the media and political pressure.

Take care of Georgia State this week, but the more I watch JMU the more things I find that if App comes to Harrisonburg ready and plays to their potential, could return to Boone victorious. They are beatable.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:36 am

The fact JMU voted to not allow eligible teams leaving the CAA to transition to FBS to participate in conference championship games, but now want others to ignore those same rules for their benefit is the main reason I want them to have to sit this out.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:44 am

The Rock wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:36 am
The fact JMU voted to not allow eligible teams leaving the CAA to transition to FBS to participate in conference championship games, but now want others to ignore those same rules for their benefit is the main reason I want them to have to sit this out.
Rich men north of Richmond don't like playing by rules they set.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:43 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:24 am
Does Jacksonville State also get a waiver? They're technically bowl eligible. One one hand I feel the rule is out dated, especially with the openness of the transfer portal. On the other hand, they knew it was the rule when they joined, and should an exception be made just because of their record? Maybe. Would they be up in arms and making national news if they were only sitting at 6 wins now? Probably not.

As for the NY6 bid...

What about Tulane who currently sits at the highest ranked G5 team. You just tell them with a month to go in the season that they're potentially no longer the highest ranked squad because of a mid season rule change? Is that fair to their players? Or Liberty who could likely go undefeated as well, are they forgotten although eligible? Let's say they give JMU the opportunity to play in a NY6 bowl and get demolished. Would questions be raised at that point about the decision?

I would hope these are all things the NCAA would consider before just giving in to the media and political pressure.

Take care of Georgia State this week, but the more I watch JMU the more things I find that if App comes to Harrisonburg ready and plays to their potential, could return to Boone victorious. They are beatable.
Allowing JMU to play in a bowl game, the SBC championship, and/or a NY6 game would cause an uproar among many other teams. It would also completely de-legitimize the few things the NCAA can control when it comes to football. It would be an astoundingly stupid decision in every possible way... which is why the NCAA will almost certainly allow JMU to play in the postseason.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:47 am

Since we couldn't get a waiver and have way less sympathy.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:07 am

I also think it stinks that they--like everyone else--wants the rules bent in their favor while opposing concessions for anyone else.

However, a couple things:

1: Their situation was a little different than what we and the Stink went through. It was frustrating that we would have been bowl eligible in our first FBS year were it not for this rule, and I'm sure GaSO was even more frustrated since they were 8-0 in conference. But the different circumstances of JMU's transition means they have gone through two of those full-FBS-but-no-bowl seasons instead of one. So that does give me a little more sympathy. And we can't deny they're kicking tail.

2: The selfish part of me wants to see them not only make a bowl, but snag a spot in an NY6, since the bowl payouts are way higher for those marquee games, and that money funnels down to all of the schools in the conference. I get that pride dictates that we don't want a conference-mate doing that before we do, but it would be a win for every SBC team.

RaleighApp27609

Unread post by RaleighApp27609 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:09 am

Rick83 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:21 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
I don't think that JMU is eligible for the SBC championship game. So, if that's true, we only need Coastal to lose either to Tx State or JMU. and we have to win out. Totally doable...
Correct. My understanding is JMU is ineligible for both the Sunbelt Championship game (I am also assuming the Sunbelt East title too) as well as a bowl game. Regardless of the season JMU is currently having, an exception by the NCAA would cause a ton of legal issues. I also seem to remember App State's request to get a waiver for bowl game participation was denied by the NCAA back in 2014. I do not feel one bit sorry for JMU. They knew the rules when moving up to FBS.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:25 am

Yeah, they sit like we did. I can hear the bragging now, only team to win a bowl game in its first 2 years, blah, blah, blah. Keep it consistent, they will be fine.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:09 am

I’ve said it a million times. JMU fans are about as awful as UNC fans. The entitlement complex. These idiots knew what they signed up for. The hypocrisy of how they handled the CAA situation and now this is incredible.

Suck it up clowns, wipe your tears with those dumbass streamers.

GO APPS!!

RaleighApp27609

Unread post by RaleighApp27609 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:38 am

appstate24 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:09 am

GO APPS!!
When JMU comes to Boone next season, I will create a sign with those exact words. Don't worry Appstate24 I will credit you with this quote on the bottom corner of the sign. :D

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:24 pm

RaleighApp27609 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:38 am
appstate24 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:09 am

GO APPS!!
When JMU comes to Boone next season, I will create a sign with those exact words. Don't worry Appstate24 I will credit you with this quote on the bottom corner of the sign. :D
Do it! :lol: :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”