Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Colorado and transfer portal

mike87
School: Appalachian State

Re: Colorado and transfer portal

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:22 pm

1-11 CU probably gives App v.2022 a run for it's money. I wouldn't turn my nose up at the departures. I like coach Prime but 24/7 of him likely would wear on me.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:38 pm

mike87 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:22 pm
1-11 CU probably gives App v.2022 a run for it's money. I wouldn't turn my nose up at the departures. I like coach Prime but 24/7 of him likely would wear on me.
I’m not sure that he is Coach Prime the same behind the scenes. Back in the early Neon Deion days, my dad was riding up an elevator with Deion. My dad isn’t someone that gets star struck or impressed by fame but he was taken aback by how polite and cordial he was in a private setting.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:27 pm

Colorado to give transferring players access to practice film

Https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ctice-film
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:02 am

I would say we evaluate any potential player on an individual basis and not based on the team record. A fit is a fit and a miss is a miss.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:08 am

I'd love to see the statistics of playing time/snaps of portal guys. I'm sure that a great majority of the ones who hit the portal barely played at the school they are leaving. I'm sure the reasons for transferring vary and some guys simply didn't fit in or just didn't like where they originally landed. Most probably thought they would be "the man" and could not handle the reality. I get that everyone wants to play and the days of grinding in practice and earning a spot are about gone. This whole Colorado thing is about nauseating to be honest. Almost no other bad program is getting as much press as they are. I can't believe they posted locker room meetings on line. Who does that?

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:23 am

Looks as if ODU had a DL (Wallace) commit to Colorado
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:51 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:38 pm
mike87 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:22 pm
I’m not sure that he is Coach Prime the same behind the scenes. Back in the early Neon Deion days, my dad was riding up an elevator with Deion. My dad isn’t someone that gets star struck or impressed by fame but he was taken aback by how polite and cordial he was in a private setting.
I'm sure he can dial it up and down. I can be cordial for an elevator ride (as long as it's only a few stories). Point though is everyone isn't a fit for everybody. I wouldn't automatically dismiss the players who don't feel like it's a fit.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:58 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:08 am
I'd love to see the statistics of playing time/snaps of portal guys. I'm sure that a great majority of the ones who hit the portal barely played at the school they are leaving. I'm sure the reasons for transferring vary and some guys simply didn't fit in or just didn't like where they originally landed. Most probably thought they would be "the man" and could not handle the reality. I get that everyone wants to play and the days of grinding in practice and earning a spot are about gone. This whole Colorado thing is about nauseating to be honest. Almost no other bad program is getting as much press as they are. I can't believe they posted locker room meetings on line. Who does that?
Well, they've had 55 players enter the portal and counting as of 10:00AM EST. That's a full roster of starters, depth and walk ons haha.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:49 am

311neers wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:58 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Well, they've had 55 players enter the portal and counting as of 10:00AM EST. That's a full roster of starters, depth and walk ons haha.
Players now get paid to play and they can transfer anywhere without penalty so this is now fair. He knows coaches can turn a program around in just one year with the new rules so he cut 90% of the time to upgrade the roster.

If we have a few on the team who are wasting a scholarship then I hope Shawn will tell them to transfer down as well. We have seen with Troy Everett how players can manipulate the system to look around without telling their college. We don't have to like the new rules but we better adapt or die.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:22 pm

311neers wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:58 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
If I were the AD at Colorado, I think it is easy to conclude they need a MAJOR overhaul. This is very unusual but not nauseating to me. I understand a major move had to be made and what they are doing is clear. They are bulldozing the building and starting from scratch. The majority of the players there were probably not at the level they needed (skills, mental, etc) to be competitive at a P5 level. Coach is just making the moves needed to help them move on and bring in a new group. It appears the administration and fanbase is supportive of this complete reboot of the program approach. Part of this move by the AD incorporated the marketing and publicity benefits they gain. That was part of the plan the AD wanted by bringing in Deion Sanders as the coach. He knew the media would accompany him.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:30 pm

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun May 07, 2023 12:32 pm

I just saw where the number who have "left" Colorado is now over 60. I'm not sure how you build a team to be competitive this coming season. Of course, if he pulls in players from the portal who only have 1 year of eligibility then it's going to be tough for a couple of years.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun May 07, 2023 12:42 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 12:32 pm
I just saw where the number who have "left" Colorado is now over 60. I'm not sure how you build a team to be competitive this coming season. Of course, if he pulls in players from the portal who only have 1 year of eligibility then it's going to be tough for a couple of years.
I believe the coach is estimating approximately 65 to 70 players to put on uniform this season.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”