Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coach Prime Colorado

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coach Prime Colorado

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:34 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:49 am
The story on Sanders is, at a minimum, 3 years away. He is really too late for recruiting this year. Will he maybe get some pickups this year, sure. Colorado was terrible this year ...will be in 2023 and potentially 2024. I feel the seat starts to gets warm in 2025 if they do not at least have a winning record.
I think they become bowl eligible next year. JMU thought they had a lock at RB, and in comes Clemson to take him away, just two months from National signing say. He won't magically land a top 25 recruiting class, but I think he will get some guys to flip, plus bring in some transfers. In today's CFB it's not as hard to build a team quick. Will be a challenge to win the PAC 12, but I think bowl eligibility is possible.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:24 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:25 am
appdaze wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:50 am
Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:13 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:33 pm
He is Lavar Ball.
How?
He was loud and boisterous even before he got to Jackson. He did it to make is son the QB. He took the Colorado job and said his son is going to be the QB. He doesn't care about his reputation with the whole hbcu thing. He is going to try to do anything he can to get his son in the NFL. That is the ultimate goal of his pride. Just like Lavar.
"He's going to have to earn it though, believe that" is what he said after saying his son would be the QB. Don't just draw the outlines, paint the full picture. Shedeur was a 4 star QB out of high school with other offers from P5 schools. Likely better than any other QB currently on the Colorado roster. Maybe he didn't say it out loud, but I guarantee you Lincoln Riley took Caleb Williams to USC with him knowing he'd be the starter, and never even thought he'd have to earn it.

Lavar only promoted his sons, Deion coaches a team. Does he hope his son makes it to the NFL, sure. Does that make him a bad parent for wanting what's best for his son, nope. Plenty of videos out there for anyone to see of him coaching and speaking to the team, not just his son. When he's gets on t.v. he talks about the team, not just his son.

Nothing like Lavar Ball
If you don't see it that's fine. Never said his kid wasn't a good talent, so were two of the Balls. Oscar did t coach? He took his boys to the euro pro leagues and oversaw all their training. His son will be the starter whether he earns it or not. The other qbs are already hitting the portal. Never said he was a bad parent either. You sure found a bunch of points I didn't mention to try to create some sort of argument. Its easy to say your son has to earn it when you run off the competition. Don't just look at the pictures, read the book.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:12 pm

I'm not expert (by a long shot) but I think DS will do pretty well at Colorado. He succeeded at Jackson State by convincing FBS talent to go to an FCS HBCU. That's a pretty impressive recruiting accomplishment regardless of any other factors (don't really know) might be involved. He's taking some of that talent with him and he will swing some others. He will also shake things up and get some performance out of some under-performing talent that is already at Colorado. Not sure he'll be bowling next season but I won't be surprised and I think he will definitely have them winning some games.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:12 pm

I think he will be bowling season 1. If he squeaks out 5-6 wins they will be dying to get him in a bowl.

His ability to have sustainable success will be a matter of who he can keep as his assistants in the revolving door coaching carousel. The attention he brings the program will be something rising coaches can feed on.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:27 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:24 am
appdaze wrote:
appdaze wrote:
He is Lavar Ball.
How?
He was loud and boisterous even before he got to Jackson. He did it to make is son the QB. He took the Colorado job and said his son is going to be the QB. He doesn't care about his reputation with the whole hbcu thing. He is going to try to do anything he can to get his son in the NFL. That is the ultimate goal of his pride. Just like Lavar.
"He's going to have to earn it though, believe that" is what he said after saying his son would be the QB. Don't just draw the outlines, paint the full picture. Shedeur was a 4 star QB out of high school with other offers from P5 schools. Likely better than any other QB currently on the Colorado roster. Maybe he didn't say it out loud, but I guarantee you Lincoln Riley took Caleb Williams to USC with him knowing he'd be the starter, and never even thought he'd have to earn it.

Lavar only promoted his sons, Deion coaches a team. Does he hope his son makes it to the NFL, sure. Does that make him a bad parent for wanting what's best for his son, nope. Plenty of videos out there for anyone to see of him coaching and speaking to the team, not just his son. When he's gets on t.v. he talks about the team, not just his son.

Nothing like Lavar Ball
If you don't see it that's fine. Never said his kid wasn't a good talent, so were two of the Balls. Oscar did t coach? He took his boys to the euro pro leagues and oversaw all their training. His son will be the starter whether he earns it or not. The other qbs are already hitting the portal. Never said he was a bad parent either. You sure found a bunch of points I didn't mention to try to create some sort of argument. Its easy to say your son has to earn it when you run off the competition. Don't just look at the pictures, read the book.
I'll assume the autocorrect of Oscar was meant to be Lavar. Lavar coached AAU, and of course worked with his kids outside of their organized leagues. He did what he did strictly to promote his son's to the league. He never talked about the team's it was all about his boys.

Deion could do the same thing, be given the same platform, and has more than enough connections to help his son along the way. He decided to coach not just his son but the young men at Jackson State and now Colorado. Maybe he initially got into coaching to help his son, but it's apparent he's enjoyed building relationships with all of the players.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:36 pm

Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:27 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:24 am
appdaze wrote:

How?

Nothing like Lavar Ball
I'll assume the autocorrect of Oscar was meant to be Lavar. Lavar coached AAU, and of course worked with his kids outside of their organized leagues. He did what he did strictly to promote his son's to the league. He never talked about the team's it was all about his boys.

Deion could do the same thing, be given the same platform, and has more than enough connections to help his son along the way. He decided to coach not just his son but the young men at Jackson State and now Colorado. Maybe he initially got into coaching to help his son, but it's apparent he's enjoyed building relationships with all of the players.
He is undoubtedly teaching those players the greatest lesson of their lives. People with money, a platform, and your ear will tell you whatever you want, but in the end with will ditch you for the next personal opportunity. He does enjoy the relationships because, like the rest of his professional career, he has shown that he loves the spotlight, and those relationships give him that spotlight. Yup.....building relationships.......I don't fault him for what he is doing; just don't dress it up for something it isn't.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:21 am

2023 schedule starts out TCU, Nebraska, Colorado State and then PAC 12 teams. Going to be rough the first year even in a weak conference.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:53 am

I believe 1st two are losses and 3rd is a toss-up. The Buffs were that bad in 2022...
Just my opinion
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:57 am

appdaze wrote:
He is Lavar Ball.
No he isn't. Prime is an ultra talented football great that is a member of multiple Hall of Fames. Pretty sure Lavar Bell can't say that. In addition, Prime is an excellent marketer. Most people forget that before Prime came along, corner backs were an unheralded position. They certainly were not in the prime focus group of players that they have become. That all started with Prime Time. He was bold, brash and talked lots of trash and he got people to notice. He is doing the same thing now that he is a coach. He is making sure people notice whatever he is doing and that brings attention (some good, good bad) to his teams. No way Game Day ever goes to Jackson State if Prime isn't the coach. The guy was able to recruit multiple 4 star and a 5 star to FCS Jackson State. He will get players to come to Colorado, without question. Lavar Ball is an empty bag of air, and Deion Sanders is far from that. Like him or not, he is not just a mouth as he has produced at every level he has ever been as a player and a coach.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:44 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:53 am
I believe 1st two are losses and 3rd is a toss-up. The Buffs were that bad in 2022...
Just my opinion
Colorado was definitely a very bad team, but Nebraska, Colorado State, Arizona, and Arizona state weren't the greatest themselves. It won't be the same squad that was 1-11 last year, but Deion will definitely have some transition pains, and while I don't think all games between TCU and Oregon State are W's for Colorado, I'd say they're all closer to toss ups.

3 of those 4 are at home, and I'm sure that first home game against the old hated rival in Nebraska will have that stadium rocking like old times.

Should definitely be an interesting year for them. I think bowl eligible, but wouldn't be surprised if they weren't. Definitely don't see more than a 6-7 win season in the next couple years

falcoapp

Unread post by falcoapp » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:49 pm

The CU job is career suicide for most coaches. Then again, Deion isn't your average coach. If he gets them in a bowl the first year, he's the real deal. It's just that bad of a program.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:22 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:57 am
appdaze wrote:
He is Lavar Ball.
No he isn't. Prime is an ultra talented football great that is a member of multiple Hall of Fames. Pretty sure Lavar Bell can't say that. In addition, Prime is an excellent marketer. Most people forget that before Prime came along, corner backs were an unheralded position. They certainly were not in the prime focus group of players that they have become. That all started with Prime Time. He was bold, brash and talked lots of trash and he got people to notice. He is doing the same thing now that he is a coach. He is making sure people notice whatever he is doing and that brings attention (some good, good bad) to his teams. No way Game Day ever goes to Jackson State if Prime isn't the coach. The guy was able to recruit multiple 4 star and a 5 star to FCS Jackson State. He will get players to come to Colorado, without question. Lavar Ball is an empty bag of air, and Deion Sanders is far from that. Like him or not, he is not just a mouth as he has produced at every level he has ever been as a player and a coach.
#1. I never referenced their abilities as previous players of their sports. I am referencing the willingness to do whatever to get their kids to the pros.

#2. They are both great marketers because the balls got all sorts of hype they would not have normally attained without their father and this made their name nationally known.
#3. He makes sure people notice what he is doing because he craves the attention.

#4. Never did I question his impact on bringing GameDay to Jackson state. Game day is about entertainment and he is entertaining. That sells advertisement slots so he is good for business.

#5. Yes he will get players to go to Colorado that want the exposure that his personality brings as will assistant coaches be seeking that attention. That is a business move on the part of the players and assistant coaches.

#6. Both lavar and Deion did what they did to get their kids noticed and out there. Lavar was successful and has faded into the background. You can't call him a bag of wind when his tactics worked and his kids are playing in the pros making more in a month than you're jealous butt makes in a year. Deion is bringing his sone along for a similar ride by using his name, antics, and personality to bring in great athletes that will make his sone look even better.

As I previously stated. I don't like or dislike him. I don't fault him one bit for doing what he is doing. Clearly he is giving it all for his son to succeed and I greatly applaud him for that. Just don't get caught up in the bandwagon hype before the horse has even been shoed. I'll have to leave this at this statement because judging by the reply some feelings ha e been hurt or something talking about Deion so yea, idk, I guess you really like the guy and that's cool, enjoy watching him do his thing.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:12 pm

falcoapp wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:49 pm
The CU job is career suicide for most coaches. Then again, Deion isn't your average coach. If he gets them in a bowl the first year, he's the real deal. It's just that bad of a program.
Doesn't have to be. Keep in mind they have been national champions. Of course, that was 30 years ago but its not like its a terrible place to recruit. I think right coach can turn things around. We'll see if DS is the guy who can.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:49 am

He loves himself. The fake crying today more than proved it

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:19 am

At least now I’ll look to see what Colorado is doing on the field. So Deion brings that to the table. He might take a bunch of JS players with him but soon he’s got to get better than that. They lost to NC Central and in last year’s Celebration Bowl lost to SC State (two teams that bring no fear to opponents). I figure 2-10 next year, at best. I wish him no bad luck but soon he better get down to work instead of hyping himself. I can think of no other coach in football that promotes himself as much.

In yesterday’s game, I thought the game announcer might be his wife. She was all over “Coach Prime” about how cool he was, over and over again. The man in the booth had to balance it out. Can’t recall her mentioning the other coach (the one whose team won the game) more than a single time.

It’s going to be interesting out there. “I’m coming” has got to be traded in for some other catchphrase once he gets there. To me, Deion is likeable where other self-promoters like Lavar Ball and John Calipari are not.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”