Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SATTERFIELD TO CINCY

DenverOfTheEast
School: Appalachian State

Re: SATTERFIELD TO CINCY

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:02 pm

GREAT FOR THE SATTERFIELD FAMILY -- APP FANS SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR ONE OF THEIR OWN.

HE BUILT APPSTATE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! - WITHOUT HIM AND ARMANTI NO STATUE OF COACH MOORE, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT.

WON 3 1-AA CHAMPIONSHIPS AS THE PLAY CALLER AND TOOK FBS TO HIGH LEVELS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS --

HE'S A GOOD MAN AND GREAT FAMILY.

NO ONE REMEMBERS HE WALKED IN A TOTAL SH*T SHOW AT LOUISVILLE WITH WHAT BOBBY PETRINO LEFT HIM.

Cardinal fans were ungrateful - let them hire their boy at Purdue now - plus Basketball sucks at Louisville - the whole thing is a debacle - fan base, ungrateful and arrogant.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:08 pm

I doubt Deion will have great success at Colorado. His big speech to the team was about himself. And said “you won’t be wearing caps in the meeting rooms” and he is speaking in a meeting room and what does he have on? Sold out the HBCU after he was going to be their savior. Kept saying “I’m coming!” Big deal you already here. The word in the coaching circles is that he is a good recruiter but not a great coach. At that level, you better know how to coach.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:16 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:18 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:58 pm
PJ42 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:23 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:32 am
Good for Scott! I don’t blame him one bit.

Anyone see this?

Not speaking with the Team is poor taste but there seems to be a coaching history of this type of behavior at Louisville… John L Smith told his Louisville team he was leaving for MSU at halftime, Petrino had one foot out the door in what seemed to be every year… Satt flirting with USC and now this. Louisville just needs to accept they are a stepping stone

He had a meeting scheduled for today..... a leak messed it up !!!
Will anyone remember a year from now whether he told them or not? NOPE!
Tommy Tuberville left a recruit mid-meal to take a job at Cincinnati. So, there’s definitely a lower bar. And he’s managed to become a senator now!

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:18 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:08 pm
I doubt Deion will have great success at Colorado. His big speech to the team was about himself. And said “you won’t be wearing caps in the meeting rooms” and he is speaking in a meeting room and what does he have on? Sold out the HBCU after he was going to be their savior. Kept saying “I’m coming!” Big deal you already here. The word in the coaching circles is that he is a good recruiter but not a great coach. At that level, you better know how to coach.
Yeah I saw that speech. Everyone on social media was going crazy over it of course. I just think about if my kid was in that room, how would I feel? Not very good. His ego might catch up to him at this level

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:35 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Deion gave a speech about himself? Imagine that :roll: :lol:

Deion cares about one person, and only one person. I loved him as a kid when he was with the Braves and the Falcons. Now I’m so sick of hearing about him. He’s definitely a hype man, and draws plenty of attention, and because of that he will snag some highly rated recruits. But have my doubts about his long-term success. He’s gonna run into some pretty dang good coaches now.

GO APPS!!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:44 pm

One coach who probably is not happy to have to face Coach Satterfield again - Neal Brown - he couldn't beat him in the SBC
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:36 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
He just landed Sean Lewis from Kent State to be his OC.

Just my opinion, but a head coach at the power 5 level may not need to be a great Xs and Os guy if he can surround himself with guys that are.

YNWA

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:51 pm

Saban told the Bama players he inherited he was going to run most of them off.

Orgeron challenged the Ole Miss players who were said about Cutcliff being fired to fight him right there on the spot and ripped his shirt off.

Harbaugh screamed obscenities at returning players and told them they were replacable.

Can't remember the coach, but he made the returning players stand up and said "you got the last guy fired, and that's not going to be me."

Prime is giving a standard an intro coach speech to a team that's hiring because they fired the previous guy. Especially to a team that went 1-11.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:13 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:51 pm

Orgeron challenged the Ole Miss players who were said about Cutcliff being fired to fight him right there on the spot and ripped his shirt off.

Harbaugh screamed obscenities at returning players and told them they were replacable.

Can't remember the coach, but he made the returning players stand up and said "you got the last guy fired, and that's not going to be me."

Prime is giving a standard an intro coach speech to a team that's hiring because they fired the previous guy. Especially to a team that went 1-11.
Maybe you're right but he's gonna need a lot more than a dozen or so Jackson St. players to win in the Pac-12 at Colorado, even after USC and UCLA leave. They are not 'Bama, Ole Miss, or Michigan. I'm all for challenging the players to step it up or get out but I'm not a fan of Neon Deon.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:17 pm

He will raise NIL money and that will bring in talent.If he hires good assistants he can make things interesting.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:43 pm

If Colorado supports him and provides the necessary means to do what is necessary to win, I have no doubt that Prime will turn that program around. The big question will be how long he stays there after having some success.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:10 am

T-Dog wrote:

I'd just like to point out that Orgeron got fired from Ole Miss, and then bounced around, landed his dream job at LSU, won a national championship, and got fired again. All because he couldn't stop being a idiot.

The rest of your point stands.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:28 am

goapps93 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:13 pm
T-Dog wrote:

Maybe you're right but he's gonna need a lot more than a dozen or so Jackson St. players to win in the Pac-12 at Colorado, even after USC and UCLA leave. They are not 'Bama, Ole Miss, or Michigan. I'm all for challenging the players to step it up or get out but I'm not a fan of Neon Deon.
I watched some of his video speech to the team (why they felt the need to post that is beyond me)- I mean I know why but still. Other than saying they have been an embarrassment and "I'm coming" 100 times it was a load of crap. While the reality is that the team probably has guys who need to move on if he honestly thinks he can bring in a bunch of FCS level players and magically turn a PAC 12 team into a big winner he's nuts. Those colorful and cool speeches only goes so far. Let's see if he can put a staff together and actually win games. He was a great player and actually did some cool stuff with my Reds but this is a whole new deal. If he can convince higher level players to come to Colorado maybe.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:53 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:28 am
goapps93 wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

I watched some of his video speech to the team (why they felt the need to post that is beyond me)- I mean I know why but still. Other than saying they have been an embarrassment and "I'm coming" 100 times it was a load of crap. While the reality is that the team probably has guys who need to move on if he honestly thinks he can bring in a bunch of FCS level players and magically turn a PAC 12 team into a big winner he's nuts. Those colorful and cool speeches only goes so far. Let's see if he can put a staff together and actually win games. He was a great player and actually did some cool stuff with my Reds but this is a whole new deal. If he can convince higher level players to come to Colorado maybe.
Always will have a soft spot for Prime while he was a Red😂.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:08 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:28 am
goapps93 wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Just depends on how much he can pay the players he needs. The speech brought back memories. I kept expecting to hear " Yes Drill Sergeant"! He even stole a line " Your girl will be up in the stands with another guy" very close to your girl will be back home with Jody. Even had other DIs around the room to make comments. 100% basic training.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:09 am

Just depends on how much he can pay the players he needs. The speech brought back memories. I kept expecting to hear " Yes Drill Sergeant"! He even stole a line " Your girl will be up in the stands with another guy" very close to your girl will be back home with Jody. Even had other DIs around the room to make comments. 100% basic training.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:55 am

People are talking about Colorado football for the first time in 20 years, I bet they get better fast.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:02 am

I heard yesterday that over 200 guys from the portal had directly contacted Deion. There is no shortage of interest.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:11 am

No matter how it's done, rarely does a coach leaving for another job go well publicly
- they either initially deny, and then are called a liar later
- if they express interest and are open about it, they are criticized as using their current team as a stepping stone; they lose that team
- if they tell them in tell, the team turns on them (see Brian Kelly trying to sell his move to his ND players?)
- if it leaks, all heck breaks loose
- if it's completely out of the blue and unexpected, fans feel betrayed

There's no good way to do this usually....this doesn't happen in my job. My business isn't open for the entire world, I don't have media asking me about what I'm going to do. I can privately look for a better opportunity and no one knows until I find it, and if I stay no ne knows I ever was looking in the first place. It's unique to sports. Many here got plenty pissed at Satt for leaving App; and Drink....woulda have been pissed at Clarke for leaving but he's not winning so now we want him gone. Coaches walk a razor's edge and they have to look out for themselves because fans and this business is fickle.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:28 am

canes_mj wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:11 am
No matter how it's done, rarely does a coach leaving for another job go well publicly
- they either initially deny, and then are called a liar later
- if they express interest and are open about it, they are criticized as using their current team as a stepping stone; they lose that team
- if they tell them in tell, the team turns on them (see Brian Kelly trying to sell his move to his ND players?)
- if it leaks, all heck breaks loose
- if it's completely out of the blue and unexpected, fans feel betrayed

There's no good way to do this usually....this doesn't happen in my job. My business isn't open for the entire world, I don't have media asking me about what I'm going to do. I can privately look for a better opportunity and no one knows until I find it, and if I stay no ne knows I ever was looking in the first place. It's unique to sports. Many here got plenty pissed at Satt for leaving App; and Drink....woulda have been pissed at Clarke for leaving but he's not winning so now we want him gone. Coaches walk a razor's edge and they have to look out for themselves because fans and this business is fickle.
Well now you’ve gone and made too much sense. How dare you?
WE ARE YOSEF!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”