Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SATTERFIELD TO CINCY

Longrifle28
School: Appalachian State

Re: SATTERFIELD TO CINCY

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:18 am

I think Satt lost a lot of fans up there when he looked at USC after not being there very long. Didn't handle it well, and now not telling your players?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:20 am

Very wise move, Louisville fans mostly delusional and all. He went to get a 6 year deal versus possibly 1 more year and tons of whining by Card faithful even when Louisville wins. Deal probably reached late in night or early AM....sometimes difficult to make a clean break and tell team in meeting. Unfortunate but facts of life. Good luck to SS and family!

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:20 am

Anyone have the contract details?

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:21 am

I have no idea about the situation, but stories get broken all the time now days and people don't have the opportunity to execute a plan. Twitter has zero limitations, so if someone decided to publish before a meeting could be called, it's not necessarily Satterfield's fault. I feel for the players, but some folks just look for something to be hurt about.

This is a surprise to me but I hope he does great!

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:24 am

canes_mj wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:20 am
6 years. Haven't seen dollar amount. Looks like buyout is $3.5M but unsure if he walked on his own or was terminated, I don't know if Louisville has to pay it.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:30 am

I told you guys...that Louisville program is toxic. Satterfield's morals are too good to do what they are asking. Louisville is a bunch of crooks. I could not believe he went there in the first place. I can pull for Cincinnati. This will be a great move for him.

Louisville would still be conference USA if they hadn't bent every rule possible. Both Football and Basketball.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Louisville Slugger was the first corked bat in baseball.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:32 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:21 am
I have no idea about the situation, but stories get broken all the time now days and people don't have the opportunity to execute a plan. Twitter has zero limitations, so if someone decided to publish before a meeting could be called, it's not necessarily Satterfield's fault. I feel for the players, but some folks just look for something to be hurt about.

This is a surprise to me but I hope he does great!
yeah one of the tweets mentioned it didn't firm up until last night. Not a lot of time to call a meeting but Satt should have sent a mass text for a meeting this morning or told his agent nothing is firm until i meet or something. bad look for him, but hes shown some problems understanding the gravity of his actions before a la USC.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:35 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:38 am
Louisville fans conveniently forgot the mess they had with Petrino and how much Satt had to change within that program. That program was on life support when he got there.
That is a fact and he just had a fantastic recruiting class. Not so sure they were very happy to see him leave. I for one am glad to see him get out of that place. Hope he takes his new QB and running back recruits with him.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:37 am

311neers wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:24 am
canes_mj wrote:
6 years. Haven't seen dollar amount. Looks like buyout is $3.5M but unsure if he walked on his own or was terminated, I don't know if Louisville has to pay it.
I can't find dollar amount either...but looks like Louisville was actually owed $3.5 million because he left before the end of that deal, and that Cincy paid the buyout. Good move...he was on the hotseat the last few years; they had decent season at 7-5 this year, but that's generally not acceptable and there was a good chance he'd be getting fired soon at UL; now he gets 6 more years at Cincy. Glad for him
Last edited by canes_mj on Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:45 am

canes_mj wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:37 am
311neers wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:24 am
canes_mj wrote:
I can't find dollar amount either...but looks like Louisville was actually owed he $3.5 million because he left before the end of that deal, and that Cincy paid the buyout. Good move...he was on the hotseat the last few years; they had decent season at 7-5 this year, but that's generally not acceptable and there was a good chance he'd be getting fired soon at UL; now he gets 6 more years at Cincy. Glad for him
The BC and UK losses probably sealed the deal.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:00 am

Other than the new longer contract terms, I see this as a lateral move at best. I know they will be a Big12 team very soon but I still think there is not much difference between the ACC and the Big12. Maybe some could argue that it is easier to win in the Big12 but other than Clemson it is pretty easy to win in the ACC. This tells me that Louisville never grew on Scott or the family and he was just looking for the first out he could find. Wish him the best as always but it just seems lateral at best to me.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:10 am

Lateral or not, congratulations and good luck in WKRP land.
Bring Your A Game!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:12 am

t4pizza wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:00 am
Other than the new longer contract terms, I see this as a lateral move at best. I know they will be a Big12 team very soon but I still think there is not much difference between the ACC and the Big12. Maybe some could argue that it is easier to win in the Big12 but other than Clemson it is pretty easy to win in the ACC. This tells me that Louisville never grew on Scott or the family and he was just looking for the first out he could find. Wish him the best as always but it just seems lateral at best to me.
Lateral move, but it "restarts the clock" so to speak. He probably needed a big year at UL next year or he'd have been gone. Now he gets to start anew at a program that's doing well, and with that brand new contract you mentioned.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:15 am

t4pizza wrote:
Lateral move professionally, but from my outsider's perspective, a move up in quality of job, fanbase, experience, etc. Like others have said above, Louisville folks have been calling for his head since season 2. I think Cincy fans will be more gracious than that. And he's stepping into an established, winning program; not a complete rebuild like Louisville was.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:17 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:12 am
t4pizza wrote:
Lateral move, but it "restarts the clock" so to speak. He probably needed a big year at UL next year or he'd have been gone. Now he gets to start anew at a program that's doing well, and with that brand new contract you mentioned.
he didn't quadruple his salary like Chadwell did, but he went from having ~$4MM guaranteed at Lville to ~$24MM guaranteed from Cincy so a smart move if Lville wasn't willing to extend him. Hopefully he can give us some NIL $$$

I travel to both cities for work occasionally and i actually prefer Cincy to Lville but they really are a lot alike

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:25 am

Coach- "hey team meant to tell you that I'm taking another job "

QB, couple of backs, a wide receiver- "that's ok coach meant to tell you we are entering the Portal anyway "

Coach- "no problem guys meant to tell you that we have already looked at the Portal to upgrade your positions anyway "

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:35 am

No shortage of negativity here is there.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:37 am

I have not read this thread fully so it may have already been discussed, but the reason Satt "didn't tell his players" is because it wasn't supposed to be leaked yet. He had a meeting scheduled with his players today. Someone at Cincy leaked it and their athletic department announced it before he could address it. Realy put Satt in a bad spot.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:38 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:25 am
Coach- "hey team meant to tell you that I'm taking another job "

QB, couple of backs, a wide receiver- "that's ok coach meant to tell you we are entering the Portal anyway "

Coach- "no problem guys meant to tell you that we have already looked at the Portal to upgrade your positions anyway "
Soooo... like basically any other job!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:55 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:37 am
I have not read this thread fully so it may have already been discussed, but the reason Satt "didn't tell his players" is because it wasn't supposed to be leaked yet. He had a meeting scheduled with his players today. Someone at Cincy leaked it and their athletic department announced it before he could address it. Realy put Satt in a bad spot.
You sure? He HAD to have done SOMETHING wrong. :roll: Dripping in sarcasm.
Last edited by bcoach on Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”