Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

So Miss v UL

Yosefus
School: Appalachian State

So Miss v UL

Unread post by Yosefus » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:42 pm

It looks like the Cajuns are having a TxSt type night. They don't look like a Napier team, he left the cubbards bare when he left town.
USM interesting offense with direct snap wildcat.

proasu89

Re: So Miss v UL

Unread post by proasu89 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:50 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:42 pm
It looks like the Cajuns are having a TxSt type night. They don't look like a Napier team, he left the cubbards bare when he left town.
USM interesting offense with direct snap wildcat.
Gore threw a beautiful ball on that TD.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:54 pm

USM looks stout ,and their receivers can fly.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:00 pm

NC State v VT is a horrible game. State is in trouble without Leary.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:17 pm

Leary sucked too, they are overrated, their defense is pretty good though

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:02 pm

Southern Miss handling lala
Bring Your A Game!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:47 am

State with the comeback win
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:04 am

Looks like Troy has the inside track to host the Belt Championship? Why on earth do they not rotate it every season? So is JMU the only Belt school ineligible for the conference or bowl game? Makes zero sense to me. Not everyone plays them but a loss counts in the standings? So virtually everyone in the west doesn't play them but losses count.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:04 am
Looks like Troy has the inside track to host the Belt Championship? Why on earth do they not rotate it every season? So is JMU the only Belt school ineligible for the conference or bowl game? Makes zero sense to me. Not everyone plays them but a loss counts in the standings? So virtually everyone in the west doesn't play them but losses count.
If I understand what you are saying. No one would show up. Hypothetical, If App. St. plays Troy in SBC Championship and it was Coastal turn to host, attendance would not be good. When we hosted both years,bi could lay down on the stands and take a nap given the amount of space between me and the next group. When we played LaLa last year, seemed like 1/3 to half of stadium was empty. We have to have one of the division champs host. If Troy wins West, it would be first time they host the SBC Championship since going to east /west format.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:38 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
If we had taken care of business it would not matter. Shame on us. Troy will have earned it.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:44 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
What's the advantage of rotating it? The team with the better record/ranking earns the right to host it. Nothing wrong with that.

The Sun Belt has the East and West Divisions. Everybody in the East plays all six of their opponents in the East, plus two opponents from the West.
Everybody in the West plays all six of their opponents in the West, plus two from the East.
Our two West opponents this year were Troy and Texas State. That will rotate next year to two different opponents from the West.

JMU plays all six East Division opponents, plus Arkansas State and Texas State. They have a conference record. They are just not eligible for the Conference Championship Game or a Bowl Game per NCAA rules since they moved up a division from FCS.

If everyone played everyone, we'd have 13 Conference Games a year. Not possible.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:52 am

I didn't stay up for 4th quarters but I'm surprised to see State came back to win. My daughter a junior there, happy for her team I guess.
If Troy finishes with 1 loss in conference yes they deserve to host. They had us beat except for the Hail Mary.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:18 am

I wasn't advocating for everyone to play each other. Besides not being possible that's kind of a dumb response. Most if not all of the P5 conferences who split into divisions played their CCG on a neutral field. That would probably not be feasible or smart for smaller G5's like the Belt. I went to the first CCG we hosted and I think I counted 20 La fans. It was cold and rainy and December (I believe) so attendance was not the greatest. There really isn't a perfect solution when you have divisions so the solution as pointed out is to take care of business and not drop winnable conference games. I agree

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:37 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:17 pm
Leary sucked too, they are overrated, their defense is pretty good though
I'm convinced that the pollsters try every year to will another ACC team other than Clemson to be good. Last year it was UNC that was massively overrated. This year it's NC State. There have been a couple years where it was Miami and Florida State. Meanwhile, they ignore the teams in the ACC that are actually good. This year it's Syracuse and Wake Forest. Last year it was Wake Forest and Pitt.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”