Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Healy Fired

t4pizza
School: Appalachian State

Re: Healy Fired

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:42 pm

I really feel sorry for whoever ends up taking that job. I swear it is like coaches don't learn, every job is not a good opportunity in fact many are career death traps. Charlotte is one of those.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:56 pm

Satt should be fine as long as he doesn't lose to JMU and is competitive in the remaining games (all of which they'll be the underdog).

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:04 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:37 am
On Full Ride this morning, Rick Neuheisel (who has a son that coaches at UNCC) said that the school just doesn't allocate the resources to be successful in FBS. He didn't say exactly what but clearly stated that his son is a coach on the staff and from what he knew the school is not committed to football at FBS. This clearly isn't earth shattering news to anyone on here but just affirmation of what everyone can already see on the field. I still can't believe the AAC took this pathetic program. No decent coach with any experience is going to take a dead end job at a bottom feeder school that doesn't make the financial commitment to success regardless of what conference they may play in. I really think that UNCC looked at our success on a shoestring budget and just figured, 'how hard can it be?' without ever considering our lengthy history and culture.
The AAC took UNC-Charlotte for one reason and one reason only, the market in which it is located. The AAC believes that in the future the big city teams will attract the best players, because of the name, image, and likeness will be funded by big city markets. Conference USA though that big city markets would lead to success as well.

The Sun Belt has it right, especially divisionally. People want to have their team play other teams that care if they win or loose. All organizations that thrive are organizations that take care of their people. The ones that forget to take care of the ones that got them there are also the organizations that have problems. NASCAR comes to mind of an organization that did not take care of their core audience and as a result they have suffered.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:43 pm

People confusing location and market are going to be disappointed.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:09 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:23 am
Best football team in Charlotte? Davidson.
Sun Valley High School?

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:15 pm

UL should finish with a losing record as it looks today or maybe .500 .An upset of Wake would improve SS job security and perhaps flip the script.I don't think he is retained otherwise.UNCC would be very risky career wise.My opinions.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:18 pm

Market penetration =/= market saturation
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:03 am

Let's just walk through this markets theory and see how this works.

When you speak of "markets", i.e. Charlotte metro, if a school is located in that market what is the rationale that people that just happen to be located in that market are interested in that school?

Here is how I decide what to watch on any given day. I would assume most viewers are similar.

1. Is this game with a team I directly follow, i.e. my school
2. Is this of national interest, i.e. top 25 implications, playoff implications, CFP championship
3. Does this game have implications for my team, i.e. conference SBC, ACC
4. Does this game have schools I loosely follow, again SBC, ACC, SEC, etc
5. Is this a game I am just curious about, old SoCon, etc.

The above is mostly in priority for me but you get the point. At the top, I will watch most/all of game but as I move towards bottom of list I am basically channel surfing and will not watch much of those games.

NOTICE: I did not list markets anywhere in my list. The world we live in now is more about what is relevant in the overall not locally. One example is GaTech is in my market but I don't care about watching them, nor does a vast majority of the ATL population and they have been here for a hundred years. If you don't have some affiliation to the school or it is of relevance to your interest then you aren't going to watch them.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:37 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:03 am

When you speak of "markets", i.e. Charlotte metro, if a school is located in that market what is the rationale that people that just happen to be located in that market are interested in that school?

Here is how I decide what to watch on any given day. I would assume most viewers are similar.

2. Is this of national interest, i.e. top 25 implications, playoff implications, CFP championship

The above is mostly in priority for me but you get the point. At the top, I will watch most/all of game but as I move towards bottom of list I am basically channel surfing and will not watch much of those games.

NOTICE: I did not list markets anywhere in my list. The world we live in now is more about what is relevant in the overall not locally.
Said this when USAA took UNCC in the conference. Charlotte is full of northeastern transplant who don’t care about NCAA football. The rest are Ohio State, Michigan, UNC, State, and Clemson fans. Followed closely by App and ECU fans. UNCC doesn’t have a market. My daughter graduated from UNCC, she will be at App with me on Saturday. She can name App players. The only thing she knows about UNCC football is that it’s bad.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:03 am

AtlAppMan wrote:

NOTICE: I did not list markets anywhere in my list. The world we live in now is more about what is relevant in the overall not locally. One example is GaTech is in my market but I don't care about watching them, nor does a vast majority of the ATL population and they have been here for a hundred years. If you don't have some affiliation to the school or it is of relevance to your interest then you aren't going to watch them.
I'm sure you know who the vast majority of people in the Atlanta Metro area root for, and it ain't Georgia Tech.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:17 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:56 pm
Satt should be fine as long as he doesn't lose to JMU and is competitive in the remaining games (all of which they'll be the underdog).
My feeling is Satt is going to survive until his contract ends but is OUT as soon as he can. I think he and his family hate it there. I still think he could end up at UNC or Duke. I wish he would land with a team I could stomach pulling for. NC State should beg him to come there.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:47 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:17 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:56 pm
My feeling is Satt is going to survive until his contract ends but is OUT as soon as he can. I think he and his family hate it there. I still think he could end up at UNC or Duke. I wish he would land with a team I could stomach pulling for. NC State should beg him to come there.
I like Satt but if I put myself in the place of UNC or Duke I would have to ask, given who I can hire, why would I hire someone who could not get it done at Louisville. He would not pass the success criteria nor would I want the baggage. I don't see any reason they would want him in the current state.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:59 am

I’d cheer for Satt at Duke. My in laws have deep roots to the hospital and Durham, so I personally wouldn’t mind him being there. Plus there’s not a lot of crossover between App and Duke in terms of recruiting for most sports. Maybe he could get them to play us, too (doubtful)
Give 'em hell!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:03 am

Satt to Duke was all but a foregone conclusion before he took the Louisville job..
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:05 am

Satt was frustrated with the lack of resources at App, I can’t imagine the Concord situation is any more appealing to him.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:07 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:03 am
Satt to Duke was all but a foregone conclusion before he took the Louisville job..
Heard the same. He and Cutt are/were quite close.
Give 'em hell!

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:19 pm

Tough to fundraise for an expanded football facility with the FB program in shambles.

https://charlotte.axios.com/298385/char ... lion-plan/
Loyal to APP 8-)

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:29 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:05 am
Satt was frustrated with the lack of resources at App, I can’t imagine the Concord situation is any more appealing to him.
Well it wasnt like he didnt understand what our money challenges were and are......

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:14 pm

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:19 pm
Tough to fundraise for an expanded football facility with the FB program in shambles.

https://charlotte.axios.com/298385/char ... lion-plan/
Imagine 28000 App fans in that stadium 😂
Give 'em hell!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:30 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:03 am
AtlAppMan wrote:

I'm sure you know who the vast majority of people in the Atlanta Metro area root for, and it ain't Georgia Tech.
Georgia State?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”