Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Healy Fired

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: Healy Fired

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:08 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:23 am
Best football team in Charlotte? Davidson.
No.Probably one of the high schools.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:18 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:54 pm
I had a feeling Healy was under pressure this year. Working for an AD that didn't hire him, new conference next season. It was bowl or bust.
Albeit his 2nd choice (see: Mike Houston), Mike Hill hired Healy.

According to Hill, Healy is “one of the top up-and-coming coaches in the nation.” :lol:
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:20 pm

moonshine wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:18 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:54 pm
I had a feeling Healy was under pressure this year. Working for an AD that didn't hire him, new conference next season. It was bowl or bust.
Albeit his 2nd choice (see: Mike Houston), Mike Hill hired Healy.

According to Hill, Healy is “one of the top up-and-coming coaches in the nation.” :lol:
My bad. Thought Healy was a Judy hire and she left immediately afterward because of Grady Davis.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:22 pm

Healey had his 15 minutes of fame.I would think Mike Minter will get a hard look.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:30 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:22 pm
Healey had his 15 minutes of fame.I would think Mike Minter will get a hard look.
Minter would be an intriguing hire and would have instant in-roads to all the local high school talent on his name alone. With the right staff around him, MM isn’t a bad choice.

9er fans want someone with FBS head coaching experience and success with the impending move to the AAC. Another bad hire could seal their program’s fate as a bottom feeder. From what I’ve gathered their fans would like:

Satt if fired by Louisville
Rhule with previous success at Temple/Baylor
Atkins former 9er OC, current FSU OC

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:34 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:20 pm
My bad. Thought Healy was a Judy hire and she left immediately afterward because of Grady Davis.
Grady probably should’ve written Hill an email about retaining Healy! :D

Hill is responsible for both big revenue sport hires. Neither Sanchez or Healy has panned out.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:22 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:38 am
I believe Rhule will get a P5 HC offer or a coordinator position at P5....of which both will pay more than Charlotte will pay..if not more for coordinator position he needs to sacrifice a year or two at coordinator...to get P5 HC offer...I do not believe Charlotte does anything for his resume and/or it will take 3 to 4 years... personally believe if he does well 1 to 2 years as coordinator at P5, he gets P5 HC position. If I were in his position, Charlotte is my last resort. If I were him, I would take a year off if that is his only option.
I would think he does but they should offer him the job. With what he did at Baylor and Temple they would be lucky to get a coach of his caliber. He could win there.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:19 pm

moonshine wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:30 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:22 pm
Minter would be an intriguing hire and would have instant in-roads to all the local high school talent on his name alone. With the right staff around him, MM isn’t a bad choice.

9er fans want someone with FBS head coaching experience and success with the impending move to the AAC. Another bad hire could seal their program’s fate as a bottom feeder. From what I’ve gathered their fans would like:

Satt if fired by Louisville
Rhule with previous success at Temple/Baylor
Atkins former 9er OC, current FSU OC
Minter as a former Panther would create some city interest. What he has done at Campbell is impressive. Of course Healy was beyond impressive at Austin Peay.....

I would be surprised if Satt will be able to get a HC job at a soon to be AAC.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:21 pm

Snowballs chance in hell of Satt even picking up that call

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:37 am

On Full Ride this morning, Rick Neuheisel (who has a son that coaches at UNCC) said that the school just doesn't allocate the resources to be successful in FBS. He didn't say exactly what but clearly stated that his son is a coach on the staff and from what he knew the school is not committed to football at FBS. This clearly isn't earth shattering news to anyone on here but just affirmation of what everyone can already see on the field. I still can't believe the AAC took this pathetic program. No decent coach with any experience is going to take a dead end job at a bottom feeder school that doesn't make the financial commitment to success regardless of what conference they may play in. I really think that UNCC looked at our success on a shoestring budget and just figured, 'how hard can it be?' without ever considering our lengthy history and culture.

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:03 pm

A friend who is a donor at UNCC said they are absolutely monitoring Satterfield, and taking into consideration the job thay he inherited at UL was a dumpster fire. Other names have popped up from Sun Belt schools, but they will have to convince people they are serious about football at UNCC.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:28 pm

I thought our AD staff took a trip to Cincinnati a few years ago to see what they were doing with their program and what facilities/programs/funding were required to be successful at the AAC level. I thought they concluded that we were still way behind the AAC and needed to make up ground in order to be successful in that conference? Assuming that is all true, I know we are way ahead of Charlotte so if it would "have been" tough for us just think what it will be for them once they transition. The additional challenge is that there will be less money available to Charlotte than current AAC members get. That will create even more of a gap/rift between the AAC haves and have nots.

This is a setup for failure and will be a disaster. All I can say it is it good for SBC and App.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:30 pm

Tru2ASU wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:03 pm
A friend who is a donor at UNCC said they are absolutely monitoring Satterfield, and taking into consideration the job thay he inherited at UL was a dumpster fire. Other names have popped up from Sun Belt schools, but they will have to convince people they are serious about football at UNCC.
That would be a very very very BAD move for Satt to take the Charlotte job. There is nothing good that comes out of it for him. Best way to end his HC coaching career. I don't see how there is any chance he would even consider it. If his time at UL ends he needs to go work for Saban for free and rehab his career. Charlotte would be definite suicide.

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:45 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:30 pm
Tru2ASU wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:03 pm
That would be a very very very BAD move for Satt to take the Charlotte job. There is nothing good that comes out of it for him. Best way to end his HC coaching career. I don't see how there is any chance he would even consider it. If his time at UL ends he needs to go work for Saban for free and rehab his career. Charlotte would be definite suicide.
Dont disagree. Just stating what was talked during the 2nd half of their homecoming game with other donors and people high up the UNCC food chain.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:00 pm

I don't think Satt's career would need major rehabbing although he probably will have to either step down to G5 or take an OC position for a bit. That said, I agree that Charlotte would be a TERRIBLE move and could do major damage. I don't see him taking that job if offered.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:38 pm

Healy did some really childish things. I get nervous when I here the term “players coach” it’s not always a bad thing but boy was it with Healy. Club Lit, really????

ugmw177

Unread post by ugmw177 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:28 pm

Uncc can rebrand, talk local tv into coverin some games, have a 3rd person fan on thier message boards but just cannot make up for the fact they are a commuter school in a saturated sports market that no one excet maybe 50 alums care about on any given Saturday. They really should have stayed FCS for a while [like 20yrs] until they built up a program and following. I really cannot see any P5 or for that matter top G5 HC going there.
CLT says..nope, nada, not goinig to happen, LOL.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:00 pm

QB from CLT Catholic decommitted from UNCC. JMU has offered him.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:23 pm

"several Power Five assistants are among Bruce Feldman's reported potential candidates. Florida State offensive coordinator Alex Atkins, UNC play-caller Phil Longo and South Carolina defensive coordinator Clayton White are listed among the possible options with Charlotte ties, according to The Athletic college football reporter's initial list of names expected to be tied to the job.

Miami's Josh Gattis, Louisville's Lance Taylor and NC State's Tony Gibson were also mentioned as names to watch in the mix at Charlotte."

Full article: https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 74FtA28ThM

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:25 pm

Satt has not been fired, he is not available for UNC commuter.
Bring Your A Game!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”